• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

The Holy Spirit is Promised to You

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:8)

Staff Member
"If you love Me, keep My commandments. "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever-- John 14:15-16

The obedient receive the Holy Spirit because of Jesus' advocacy, and this changes everything. The Spirit is "another" advocate--in addition to Jesus--for disciples. After receiving the Spirit, Jesus assured His disciples that the Spirit would remain in them and guide them into all truth.

After reading about these striking promises for the disciples, perhaps you've felt that this doesn't reflect your Christian experience. Have you felt distant from God, prone to error, or uncertain about the Holy Spirit's influence in your life?

According to Jesus, the place to begin is with simple act of faith that's the same for you as it was for the first followers of Jesus. Do you doubt that the Spirit is present in you? This promise has been extended to all of Jesus' followers, and if you receive it, you can participate in it by responding to Christ with love and obedience.

This gift of the Spirit's advocacy is something no one can earn, but it's one that Jesus graciously extends to His followers. Those who seek, will find.

Prayer: Jesus, help me to participate in Your promised Spirit today.

Least amongst the Best
Staff Member
"If you love Me, keep My commandments. "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever-- John 14:15-16
Perhaps one of the most precious promises we have. [ is to me, anyway ]
and what a beautiful Helper He is.

Thank you Nick,

Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess Me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:
Luke 12:8

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1John 4:15

Bless you ....><>

Thank you Nick,

Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess Me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Bless you ....><>
Salvation is through the Gospel was given to us through Paul, and contained throughtout his many written scriptures, the revealing one I feel is contained in 1 Corn 15, verses 1 through 4. Faith plus nothing. If we add, take away we are warned about adding or taking away words given to us. As Christ spoke from the Cross before given up his last breath, IT IS FINISHED!

Many people think that the Holy Spirit is an other being. But is this true?
One thing first. Let me confirm that I am NOT trying to describe the nature of the Holy Spirit, as that is a mystery. I am simply sharing the clear Bible True of, WHO's presence it bring to us. God has NOT revealed the nature of the Holy Spirit. But He HAS revealed WHERE IT COMES FROM, AND WHO'S PRESENCE IT BRINGS TO US.

Revelation 5:1,6,7. Acts 2:32-33.
These are very revealing verses regarding the Holy Spirit.

Staff Member
Many people think that the Holy Spirit is an other being. But is this true?
One thing first. Let me confirm that I am NOT trying to describe the nature of the Holy Spirit, as that is a mystery. I am simply sharing the clear Bible True of, WHO's presence it bring to us. God has NOT revealed the nature of the Holy Spirit. But He HAS revealed WHERE IT COMES FROM, AND WHO'S PRESENCE IT BRINGS TO US.

Revelation 5:1,6,7. Acts 2:32-33.
These are very revealing verses regarding the Holy Spirit.
Hello Pipiripi,
Cute, :smile: but not really necessary.

The Statement of Faith for Talk Jesus is that the God Head is Triune.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><

Active
Top Poster Of Month

Thank you Nick,

Bless you ....><>
In full agreement brothers, a most precious promise. \o/

Hello Pipiripi,
Cute, :smile: but not really necessary.

The Statement of Faith for Talk Jesus is that the God Head is Triune.

Nick
<><
Hi Nick, because the statement of faith is a triune god should I have to believe that?

If the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is Jesus and the Father their power (mind/breath). Should we must teaches against the Words in the Bible? And let an other belief in something that isn't written in the Bible?
Nick, I have a question for you. Answered it me Biblical.

If the Holy Spirit is an other being, an other person, why in the whole Bible we never have find a word that the Holy Spirit has spoken to the Father or Jesus or both? But you find everywhere that the Father and the Son have spoken with each other and self with angels. Also demons speak and they spoke through people still today.
Show me a verse where I can read a word that the Holy Spirit speak to our Creators God and His Son.

Staff Member
Hi Nick, because the statement of faith is a triune god should I have to believe that?

If the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is Jesus and the Father their power (mind/breath). Should we must teaches against the Words in the Bible? And let an other belief in something that isn't written in the Bible?
Nick, I have a question for you. Answered it me Biblical.

If the Holy Spirit is an other being, an other person, why in the whole Bible we never have find a word that the Holy Spirit has spoken to the Father or Jesus or both? But you find everywhere that the Father and the Son have spoken with each other and self with angels. Also demons speak and they spoke through people still today.
Show me a verse where I can read a word that the Holy Spirit speak to our Creators God and His Son.
Hello Pipiripi,
To answer your first question. No you don't have to believe that. Your choice, as it was to join Talk Jesus. Hopefully, after reading the Statement of Faith of this site. If you haven't done so, then please do so. Statement of Faith

This particular devotional was not posted to assist those who do not believe, but rather those who do. No need to divert this thread into a subject it was not meant to open. There are plenty of existing threads on the subject of the Holy Spirit with the forums of Talk Jesus, and you are welcome to open your own to place your own understanding of what Scripture is saying concerning Him. Just not here please.

Nick
<><