• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Hidden Paradox?

Loyal
It seems to me, as I read the scriptures, God is all about telling us the truth, revealing hidden secrets.

John 8:32; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

John 15:26; "When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

John 16:13; "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
John 16:14; "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

In fact we are told that we "must" worship God in spiirit... and in "truth". Not one or the other, but both together.

John 4:24; "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

How can we do this, if we don't know the truth. John 16:13; above says the Spirit will guide us into ALL truth, not part of it, not some of it... but ALL of it.

Knowing the "truth" matters. Our salvation depends on it.

2 Thes 2:10; and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

Why did Jesus come? He tells us why?

John 18:37; Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

Jesus says... for "this" I was born, for "this" I have come into the world.... to testify to the truth. Jesus is the truth.

John 14:6; Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Surely God has hidden things from the world, but He has revealed them to ..."us".

Matt 11:25; At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.

Paul says...

Eph 3:8; To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ,
Eph 3:9; and to bring to light what is the administration of the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things;
Eph 3:10; so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places.
Eph 3:11; This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord,

He is going to preach to the Gentiles (most of us here) the unfathomable riches of Christ, He is going to bring to light (reveal) the mystery that was hidden in God.
This is now being "made known" through the church.

It doesn't seem that God is trying to keep secrets and hide things from us. I have heard people say things like "God has hidden this from us" or "The mysteries of God
are unknown".... but I don't see this in the Bible. I think perhaps people use that phrase to cover up a theology that they don't agree with or can't explain.

This isn't to say God's ways aren't higher than our ways. He may not understand everything He is doing in our lives today. But in His overall purpose and will,
there are no secrets. God sent the truth into the world. He sent the light, that the truth would be revealed.

I don't see anywhere that God sent Jesus and the Holy Spirit... so that the truth would be hidden from those who are seeking it.

Eph 3:17; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18; may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
Eph 3:19; and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

It seems that if Jesus is dwelling in your heart, (through faith) you can "comprehend" the love of Christ.

God wants us to have the knowledge.

Luke 1:77; To give to His people the knowledge of salvation By the forgiveness of their sins,

We should be enriched by Him knowledge.

1 Cor 1:5; that in everything you were enriched in Him, in all speech and all knowledge,

2 Cor 4:6; For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Eph 1:17; that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.

There are over 45 verses similar to these in the New testament, we can have this supernatural knowledge, we can know the truth.

Why do people think God wants to keep everything hidden and in the dark? Maybe He does this to thie world, but to His children... not so much.

Loyal
One thing to realize is that God Will Not uncover or give unto new or deeper truth of understanding to those He can not trust.

Another words our growth into maturity deeply effects how much MORE God is able to give unto you.

If man lived 500 years he could not gain everything God could teach him.

Blessings

Loyal
I agree, but it seems there is a difference between not being able to learn it all, and someone intentionally hiding information from you.

Staff Member
It doesn't seem that God is trying to keep secrets and hide things from us. I have heard people say things like "God has hidden this from us" or "The mysteries of God
are unknown".... but I don't see this in the Bible. I think perhaps people use that phrase to cover up a theology that they don't agree with or can't explain.

Greetings @B-A-C

Yes I would agree and have certainly said/ thought similar at times.

But it's wonderfully true that when we seek the Lord and study the Bible......more and more of His truth is revealed to our hearts.

The entrance of Thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
Psalm 119:130

Loyal
I agree, but it seems there is a difference between not being able to learn it all, and someone intentionally hiding information from you.
Think of the worthless servant who did nothing with what the master gave him.
If believers REFUSE to submit and do what God says to do or change things then He is not going to give them more.

Also think about how we hear. If we don't do something with it then what we think we have will be taken away.
Blessings