• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Greatest Thing In The World

The Greatest Thing In The World

Now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. —1 Corinthians 13:13

Well-known scientist and writer Henry Drummond (1857-1897) conducted a geological survey of South Africa and wrote what was then the definitive work on tropical Africa. But he is best remembered for his book about love, The Greatest Thing In The World.

Drummond wrote, "As memory scans the past, above and beyond all the transitory pleasures of life, there leap forward those supreme hours when you have been enabled to do unnoticed kindnesses to those round about you, things too trifling to speak about . . . . And these seem to be the things which alone of all one's life abide."

Paul warned that impressive gifts and spectacular deeds may be little more than empty noise (1 Corinthians 13:1). Our best efforts—if bereft of love—ring hollow. "Though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, . . . but have not love, it profits me nothing" (v.3). The smallest loving act can hold eternal significance.

No matter our age or status in life, we all can strive to love others as God loves them. We may accomplish great things in our life—gain fame and fortune—but the greatest thing is to love. For of all that we have done, or ever will do, only love endures. We depart, but love abides. —David Roper

We love because He first loved us,
He gave so we can give;
We love because He first touched us,
He died so we can live. —Sper

Now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. —1 Corinthians 13:13

I Cor. 13:8 A-- Love never fails

When I was small, I had a wooden plaque with kittens that glowed in the dark. It hung in my room, and above the friendly kittens, it said, "Love never fails."

Later in life, a friend gave me a wall hanging which had a beautiful picture, in which was also inscribed, "Love never fails."

At times, visitors would look at my wall hanging and say, "Oh, yes, love does fail. That's not true," and negative things to that effect.

But I have still found to be true---that God's perfect love never does fail.
Never. Love never fails.

Amen. An exibition of Christian love is paramout as we live for Jesus. Without such a demonstration of "love" we are like a 'gong' or a 'cymbal'. Just a noise, in fact.

Christian love is a precious thing, which maybe only God can give to us. We look around and we observe such desperate people. I have had to restrain myself, realising that I cannot reach, bless, help everyone. But I am aware that I can show 'Christian Love', one way or another.

I am pleased about this. Yes, the greatest of these is 'love' As the scripture says, prophecies will fail, tongues will cease, knowledge will vanish away. Love will endure. Surely the 'hallmark' of Christianity

At churh last Sunday the minister preached on the importance of LOVE to activate all the seeds of God, amen. God's ear is far when love is not active.