• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Great Apostasy Has Begun

Staff Member
Using an extreme? I can agree that an individual sins without conviction, one can see what this speaker is talking about.
Now around the 2:09 mark, he says one thing on Matthew 7:21, and the slide adds a word "ONLY" to the verse. Now the NIV, CSB use that word, which vying for accuracy in translation means I already have problem with this :) Still, what the speaker so far is saying is true. The fear of the Lord, is missing from many, and the percentages of what is Scripture vs Man Introduced from the pulpit is great indeed.

He hits the very point in 3:05 as it pertains to sin. One who "practices", not the one who sins "periodically". Not saying that even this is something we should accept!

Side note: Around the 4:45 mark you see a man standing in what I can only assume is a Sanctuary and is holding up the Word of God, and is letting some folks know something that assuredly he believes this Ministry is failing to do. Leaves me curious to what that would have been. Another reason background can be distracting to content!

Powerful verse indeed! Interesting that once again a verse shown is from a different version then is used by the Speaker. The word "All" is missing and in so doing, at least to me, minimizes the point.

But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. Ezekiel 18:24

In this part what really comes to mind is Philippians 2:12. ..........work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Side note: What also comes to mind, is that in truth one is walking away from Salvation, if one believes that the practice of sin is acceptable in the eyes of God. If one even things that they are fallen away. A good prayer to take to heart can be found in Psalm 51

Another verse with a word missing which takes away from the Sermon "Erase" (Rev 3:5) because it is specifically mentioned by the Speaker. Sigh, have to see if I can find this Sermon without the background.

"Overcome", meaning to stay in that state as mentioned in 2 Peter 2:20 is necessary to keep in mind so as to not allow the reader of this to be in such a state that they might believe that any "sin" that they have done cannot be "Overcome".

Apostate that stays in the church! Wow! Right on point.

Thanks for sharing this brother, for truly as this speaker said at the end "Jesus is able to keep one from stumbling".

I was able to find the Sermon without all the background. I share it with you brother in case you find those who have a hard time with the graphics. Me being one :) but who will receive help from the content. Hopefully, everyone!

Brother John Bevere is someone who I've done a Book Study on years ago on. The book is called "Under Cover" and deals with the subject of dealing with Authority in a fallen world. The copyright is 2001, and knowing you are an avid reader, and if like me backlogged, but still; if you find the time it takes for a good read. Less then 300 pages, but solid none the less.

Know that I've shared the clean version online to others :)
Again thanks for sharing brother!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Using an extreme? I can agree that an individual sins without conviction, one can see what this speaker is talking about.
Now around the 2:09 mark, he says one thing on Matthew 7:21, and the slide adds a word "ONLY" to the verse. Now the NIV, CSB use that word, which vying for accuracy in translation means I already have problem with this :smile: Still, what the speaker so far is saying is true. The fear of the Lord, is missing from many, and the percentages of what is Scripture vs Man Introduced from the pulpit is great indeed.

He hits the very point in 3:05 as it pertains to sin. One who "practices", not the one who sins "periodically". Not saying that even this is something we should accept!

Side note: Around the 4:45 mark you see a man standing in what I can only assume is a Sanctuary and is holding up the Word of God, and is letting some folks know something that assuredly he believes this Ministry is failing to do. Leaves me curious to what that would have been. Another reason background can be distracting to content!

Powerful verse indeed! Interesting that once again a verse shown is from a different version then is used by the Speaker. The word "All" is missing and in so doing, at least to me, minimizes the point.

But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. Ezekiel 18:24

In this part what really comes to mind is Philippians 2:12. ..........work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Side note: What also comes to mind, is that in truth one is walking away from Salvation, if one believes that the practice of sin is acceptable in the eyes of God. If one even things that they are fallen away. A good prayer to take to heart can be found in Psalm 51

Another verse with a word missing which takes away from the Sermon "Erase" (Rev 3:5) because it is specifically mentioned by the Speaker. Sigh, have to see if I can find this Sermon without the background.

"Overcome", meaning to stay in that state as mentioned in 2 Peter 2:20 is necessary to keep in mind so as to not allow the reader of this to be in such a state that they might believe that any "sin" that they have done cannot be "Overcome".

Apostate that stays in the church! Wow! Right on point.

Thanks for sharing this brother, for truly as this speaker said at the end "Jesus is able to keep one from stumbling".

I was able to find the Sermon without all the background. I share it with you brother in case you find those who have a hard time with the graphics. Me being one :smile: but who will receive help from the content. Hopefully, everyone!

Brother John Bevere is someone who I've done a Book Study on years ago on. The book is called "Under Cover" and deals with the subject of dealing with Authority in a fallen world. The copyright is 2001, and knowing you are an avid reader, and if like me backlogged, but still; if you find the time it takes for a good read. Less then 300 pages, but solid none the less.

Know that I've shared the clean version online to others :smile:
Again thanks for sharing brother!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
The same teaching without all the background would not be a bad thing..Thank you. As far as him omitting words, or slipping words in? I think you're choking on different versions...For example; You said. "he says one thing on Matthew 7:21, and the slide adds a word "ONLY" to the verse." Look at other versions of that...
Matthew 7:21 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, only those who do what my Father in heaven wants.

Matthew 7:21 Amplified Bible (AMP)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Matthew 7:21 Common English Bible (CEB)
Entrance requirements
21 “Not everybody who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will get into the kingdom of heaven. Only those who do the will of my Father who is in heaven will enter.

Matthew 7:21 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

21 “Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants.

The others are grammatically correct and do say the same thing.

Staff Member
In this type of communication I would only suggest that whoever put this together go with what the Translation that the Speaker is using.
That of course is my suggestion only. :shades:

Loyal
Bendito has a tendency to be on his 'hobby horse' --

And, the idea that people will do as they please because they say a prayer and still do 'whatever' -- we were talking about that in Bible study Sunday night,.

Eternal security does NOT give license to sin. Because once a person Does accept Christ as Savior -- the Holy Spirit Does make a difference in their lives -- the Desire To do wrong won't be there any longer. And there's a difference between the Desire and the temptation To. And even if a person Does give into a temptation -- they Won't loose their salvation. We might walk away from God for a while, but He doesn't leave Us.

But the idea that someone will have License To sleep around or continue doing 'whatever' and won't loose their salvation -- well -- the Holy Spirit Will convict the believer in those areas that are ungodly.

There is a concept presented that denominations are Bad. That a person only Really needs to read their Bible and the Holy Spirit Will teach and so the person reading will Always be doing the Right thing. That people are learning false things from 'churches'.

Well -- we Do need to be ware Of what a church is teaching. Don't be 'crucifying' the Church. Yes, Do know what the bible teaches -- Do visit with others who are Also reading and studying. Ask questions of each other. That which I've been believing Might need some tweeking. But is it Always the Other person who needs to 'tweek'?

Our pastor was hitting Big about what salvation Is and what it Isn't. As long as basic salvation is being agreed on No Works. No visiting the sick, giving tithe each week, being baptized is Not going to get a person saved. The thief on the cross had a death-bed salvation. But he warned 'us' to Not hold out until 'later' To accept Christ as personal Savior. Because 'later' usually takes place 'sooner' than a person expects it to.

Loyal
Bendito has a tendency to be on his 'hobby horse' --

And, the idea that people will do as they please because they say a prayer and still do 'whatever' -- we were talking about that in Bible study Sunday night,.

Eternal security does NOT give license to sin. Because once a person Does accept Christ as Savior -- the Holy Spirit Does make a difference in their lives -- the Desire To do wrong won't be there any longer. And there's a difference between the Desire and the temptation To. And even if a person Does give into a temptation -- they Won't loose their salvation. We might walk away from God for a while, but He doesn't leave Us.

But the idea that someone will have License To sleep around or continue doing 'whatever' and won't loose their salvation -- well -- the Holy Spirit Will convict the believer in those areas that are ungodly.

There is a concept presented that denominations are Bad. That a person only Really needs to read their Bible and the Holy Spirit Will teach and so the person reading will Always be doing the Right thing. That people are learning false things from 'churches'.

Well -- we Do need to be ware Of what a church is teaching. Don't be 'crucifying' the Church. Yes, Do know what the bible teaches -- Do visit with others who are Also reading and studying. Ask questions of each other. That which I've been believing Might need some tweeking. But is it Always the Other person who needs to 'tweek'?

Our pastor was hitting Big about what salvation Is and what it Isn't. As long as basic salvation is being agreed on No Works. No visiting the sick, giving tithe each week, being baptized is Not going to get a person saved. The thief on the cross had a death-bed salvation. But he warned 'us' to Not hold out until 'later' To accept Christ as personal Savior. Because 'later' usually takes place 'sooner' than a person expects it to.
Nothing you just said lines up with the Bible....OSAS is a lie..
giddy up giddy up giddy up whoa.

Loyal
Well, whether or not people like it, apostasy is rife in the church...Its past time for us ALL to line up our beliefs with the Word..and stop trying to line up the Word to our beliefs.
1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4,6-8
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

So as the author of 2 Thessalonians clearly exposed, the apostasy movement had already begun in the first century! We should recall how many kings and rulers like Neron, Napoleon and Hitler have tried to become the antichrist but failed to do so for the Spirit is still on earth. The devil has always tried to rule alone by killing Jews, Christians and some "other rebels". If the Spirit had left in the times of Hitler or any previous "world" leader, he would have used marks like those we can find in cattle. Now people could rely on microchips inserted in your hand or forehead that people shouldn't remove because they might include toxic elements that would kill them almost instantly.

Is there any other sign of apostasy? Yeah, there is! Rich pastors, apostles, prophets, how is it possible that people can't see that all of their wealth came out of their own pockets?