• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Good, acceptable, and Perfect Will of God

Loyal
The Good, acceptable, and Perfect Will of God.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove WHAT IS THAT GOOD, AND ACCEPTABLE, AND PERFECT, WILL OF GOD.

My wife asked me today what I thought about what this scripture meant. She asked, “does God have three wills, the good, acceptable, and perfect will?” She said, “I think God only has one will, not three”. I said, “I am not sure, let me meditate on this for a while, and then I will tell you what I believe”.

I did not go to “Google” or “bing” to see what other people might say (there is nothing wrong with doing that, as I Google a lot) on this subject, I just meditated on it most of the early day, just see what the Lord might say to me.

It is very interesting that the Apostle Paul was asked by a certain Church what he thought about marriage, divorce, and remarriage. Paul gave them Godly “advise”, and he tells the Church it was not a COMMANDMENT of the Lord. In other words the Lord did not tell him what to write back to the Church, yet at the end of the chapter Paul said, “and I BELIEVE I HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD” (1Cor 7:6, 7:25, 7:40)

Paul had come to a place in his Christian walk that he knew the Lord good enough that he knew how the Lord thought, and worked, and so he gives his opinion on the matter, which would have been exactly what the Lord would have said. The Lord does expect his Church to grow up so we are not in the dark in how and what the Lord would say in any situation. Learning the Lords ways is a part of growing spiritually.

As I meditated on what my wife asked me, a scripture kept coming up within me, and it was this.

1John 2:13 I am writing to you, FATHERS, because you have come to know (recognize, be aware of, and understand) Him Who [has existed] from the beginning. I am writing to you, YOUNG MEN, because you have been victorious over the wicked [one]. I WRITE TO YOU, BOYS (lads), because you have come to know (recognize and be aware) of the Father. (AMP)

This scripture describes three levels of spiritual growth, Fathers, young men, and boys. Peter had written to some new Christians when he said, “...desire the sincere milk of the Word of God that you may grow thereby...” (1 Peter 2:2) Being able to “PROVE” what is the GOOD, ACCEPTABLE, and PERFECT will of God is based on our spiritual growth as a Christian. Obviously, when we are a baby (boy) Christian we do not know the “perfect” will of God for ours lives, as we are just learning good, and bad, right and wrong based on the scriptures.. As we progress to a “young man” we learn we have power and authority over the powers of darkness, and begin to have victory over them. Once we become more “mature” as a father would be, we come to the place that we know, and understand God, and his ways. When we are at a more mature level we find the exact “PERFECT” will of God!!!

Does God have three wills? No, there is only one will of God, and it is perfect!!! To know the perfect will of God there two other levels we must go through to find it. When we read Romans 12:2 it pretty much tells us that.

Rom 12:2 And BE NOT CONFORMED TO THIS WORLD: BUT BE YE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Renewing the mind with the Word of God is a must to discovering the perfect will of God. The Apostle Paul did not know he was called to be an Apostle of the Lord (which was the perfect will of God for him) until after years of spiritual growth.

Loyal
Perhaps we may compare the three levels of the will of God to the three levels of the ark built by Noah, or the three levels of the tabernacle in the wilderness built by the children of Israel. Being on the lowest level of the ark is better than being outside in the flood waters. Being within the gate on the first level of the tabernacle is better than being on the outside.

Perhaps the wheel in the middle of the wheel of Ezekiel also describes it.

We must first be moved to a place of safety, but as we approach God, does He not want us to accomplish what Jesus did? Jesus moved to the top, or to behind the second veil, or to the wheel within the wheel.

Perhaps it is in this that we are able to see three heavens:

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven." II Cor 12:2