• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Glory of God

Loyal
The Glory of God

We are always singing about wanting to “see” the Glory of God in our worship serves. There is nothing wrong with that in any way. God did send down his Glory to save man from his sins. God's Glory is Jesus Christ as it says in Hebrews chapter one.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 WHO BEING THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS GLORY, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when HE HAD BY HIMSELF PURGED OUR SINS, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Jesus Christ is the brightness of the Glory of God, and he was the one who purged us from our sins!!! Jesus is the Glory of the Father, and God the Father is the Father of Glory!!

John 1:14 And THE WORD (CHRIST) BECAME FLESH (human, incarnate) and tabernacled (fixed His tent of flesh, lived awhile) among us; and WE [ACTUALLY] SAW HIS GLORY (His honor, His majesty), such glory as an only begotten son receives from his father, full of grace (favor, loving-kindness) and truth. [Isa. 40:5.]

The Lord God “WRAPS” himself in “LIGHT” (Glory) which is his body, which is Jesus Christ.

Psa 104:2 Who COVEREST THYSELF WITH LIGHT as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Then we have this scripture......

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, DWELLING IN THE LIGHT WHICH NO MAN CAN APPROACH unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

The light in which God dwells is the exact same light we are told to "WALK IN" ( 1 John 1:7 )

Notice: no man can approach the “LIGHT” in which God dwells within. Man in is present form can not draw near a Holy God who is a consuming fire, ( Heb 12:29 ) and yet still live. Man can not take his human physical body with its flesh, bone, and blood into God's presence. Man must put off his body in order to enter into God's presence, as the Apostle Paul once said, “flesh, and blood” can not inherit the Kingdom of God. (1 Cor 15:50)

How is this possible? Can man put off his body so he can enter, and come boldly to the throne of grace where God sits, which the Bible tells us to do? ( Heb 4:16 ) The Bible says YES we can!!!

Col 2:11 IN WHOM ALSO YE ARE CIRCUMCISED WITH THE CIRCUMCISION MADE WITHOUT HANDS, IN PUTTING OFF THE BODY OF THE SINS OF THE FLESH BY THE CIRCUMCISION OF CHRIST:
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein ALSO YE ARE RISEN WITH HIM through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

When a man or woman become born again they are “CIRCUMCISED” in putting OFF the BODY of the sins of the FLESH, by the circumcision of Christ.

Since flesh, and blood can NOT inherit the Kingdom of God. There was no other way we could have been raised with Christ to be seated in Heavenly places in Christ unless our body had been put off!!!
If you do not believe this, just get over it!!! We can NOT dispute the Word of God. It is true weather we believe it or not!!! Not only are we sitting in Heavenly places, we are also dwelling INSIDE the Glory of God!!!

Col 2:9 FOR IN HIM DWELLETH ALL THE FULNESS OF THE GODHEAD BODILY.
Col 2:10 And YE ARE COMPLETE IN HIM, which is the head of all principality and power:

Since in Jesus Christ dwells ALL the FULLNESS of the GODHEAD bodily, we are COMPLETE in HIM!!! Hows that for having a intimate fellowship with God? We can not get any closer then where we already are!!!

We are living and dwelling INSIDE of the Glory of God looking out, not on the outside trying to see it externally !! As a Christian we should be seeing things “A FAR OFF” not just things that are close to us in the near future. The Glory of God who is Jesus Christ goes through out all ages, and it is a world without end. ( Eph 3:20-21 ) How far off can the Glory of God shine that we are dwelling in? For ever with no end in sight!!! I would call that a pretty big play ground to me.
1f642.png

Staff Member
28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.' Acts 17:28

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. 23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; 24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.
Philippians 1:21-24

Thank-you for the post brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
28 for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.' Acts 17:28

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. 23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; 24 yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.
Philippians 1:21-24

Thank-you for the post brother.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><
It is very interesting that while Jesus walked this earth in a fleshly body, his Father was sitting on his throne in Heaven. The Father was not only in Heaven on his throne, he was also inside his Son reconciling the world unto himself. At the same time the Son was walking on earth, the Son was also in the Father in Heaven. As Jesus once said......

John. 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

The Apostle Paul knew, and understood his "dual" citizenship of Living in a fleshly body on this physical earth, and at the same time sitting on the right of God in Christ in Heaven. We being Christians are fully aware of all our physical surroundings while living in a earthly body, but not to many Christians are fully aware of their spiritual surrounding being in Christ in Heaven. Obviously when our physical body passes away we are no longer consciously aware of this earthly physical realm as we once were. At physical death our attention is solely turned on the spiritual.