• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Doctrine of Balaam.

"Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel - Rev. 2:4

Balaam observed the letter of God's law, but utterly violated the spirit of it. He was not allowed to curse. He blessed in words, but at the same time he counselled Balak how to induce the people to sin, so that they might be cursed.

He is an outstanding illustration of an attempt to divorce religeon from morality. His religeon was intellectual and outward, not moral and inward. It never reached his heart and conscience, it never touched his spirit. His prevailing motive was the lust of gain. He gave God's blessing in words, but brought God's curse through inducing them to sin. Num. 25:1-9

We come to the last chapter in Balaam's story. "Let me die the death of the righteous", he had said but he was not prepared to live the life of the righteous. Moses last achievement was to stamp out idolatry and sensual sin, and we read that Balaam also they slew with the sword' Num.31:8. He knew the truth but was not obedient to it.

So again and again throughout the bible we have the story of Balaam referred to - Joshua. 13.22. Josh. 22:9. Neh.13:2. Neh.22:5.
2.Peter:2.15. Jude.11. Rev.2:14.

It can be summed up in that message to the church at Pergamos: "But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast them there that hold the doctrine Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel".

A man who accepted the authority of God who knew what was his duty: but when temptation came, instead of at once casting it on one side, he dallied with it, and one by one the checks and restraints which God had put in his way as an hedge about him, to keep him in his path and his will, were brokendown.

Have you read 'The great falling away today' by Milton Green.

I think you would like it. You can read it free online if you google it.

"Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel - Rev. 2:4

2Peter - 2:15
kjv: (2Peter 2:1-14) Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, (2Peter 2:1-14) who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

which verse is The Doctrine of Balaam.?

Numbers - 22:18
kjv:And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more. (Isaiah 43:11-12)

Micah - 6:5
kjv:O my people, remember now what Balak king of Moab consulted, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him from Shittim unto Gilgal; that ye may know the righteousness of the LORD.
niv:My people, remember what Balak king of Moab counseled and what Balaam son of Beor answered. Remember your journey from Shittim to Gilgal, that you may know the righteous acts of the LORD ."
amp:O My people, [earnestly] remember now what Balak king of Moab devised and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him; [remember what the Lord did for you] from [1]Shittim to Gilgal, that you may know the righteous and saving acts of the Lord.(1)
asv:O my people, remember now what Balak king of Moab devised, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him; [remember] from Shittim unto Gilgal, that ye may know the righteous acts of Jehovah.
nasb:"My people, remember now What Balak king of Moab counseled And what Balaam son of Beor answered him, {And} from Shittim to Gilgal, So that you might know the righteous acts of the LORD."
esv:"O my people, remember what Balak king of Moab devised, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him, and what happened from Shittim to Gilgal, that you may know the saving acts of the LORD."""

REV 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

which verse said Balaam taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication?

so The Doctrine of Balaam who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication????!!!!!!!!!!!
I must going to the wrong place!

2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niv:Nevertheless, I have a few things against you: You have people there who hold to the teaching of Balaam, who taught Balak to entice the Israelites to sin by eating food sacrificed to idols and by committing sexual immorality.

Last edited:
Jud 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Numbers - 民数记 22:20
kjv:And God came unto Balaam at night, and said unto him, If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them; but yet the word which I shall say unto thee, that shalt thou do.

Numbers - 民数记 22:21
kjv:And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his A.ss, and went with the princes of Moab.

Numbers - 民数记 22:22
kjv:And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary against him. Now he was riding upon his ***, and his two servants were with him.

the error of Balaam whether to do less or more..
GOD:"If the men come to call thee, rise up, and go with them"
error of Balaam :“And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his A.SS, and went with the princes of Moab.
but I'm and you'are not sure whether Balaam ran greedily after the error for reward。

Numbers - 22:18
kjv:And Balaam answered and said unto the servants of Balak, If Balak would give me his house full of silver and gold, I cannot go beyond the word of the LORD my God, to do less or more. (Isaiah 43:11-12)

cuz
Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Deuteronomy - 1:17
kjv:Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it.

sorry.I only learning from bible not from floks.

Last edited: