• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Devil is Alive and Active [renamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just heard a very distressing news item tonight and felt compelled to write down my thoughts on it.We are well aware of the demonic spirit that pervuades this world,there is nowhere safe from it.The bible warns us that satan is like a roaring lion seeking to devour someone(1 Peter5v8),i wish it was just that easy to identify him.In 2 Corinthians 11v14 it also warns us that he may appear as an angel of light,one way or the other he is out to get us.But what really is the devils purpose?Right from the garden of eden he has attempted to divert mankind by anymeans from serving the one true God.He often uses insidious methods to dothis:drink,gamboling,drugs,sex,violence,music,the list goes on and on.I am sorry because i have digressed from my original point but you will see the connection.A case has just come to court of four teenagers who went camping together.One of these was what you would call slow,mentaly younger than the others.Shortly after arriving the other three went back to a local villiage(two boys and a girl)and stole a couple of scythes from a church yard.On returning to the camp site they gave chase to the slow-witted one and proceeded to hack him to death,cutting him over sixty times.What is odd about this horribly greusome situation is that there is no real motive apart from they didnt really like him much!!!My mind leapt straight away to the idea of demonic possession.In time it may become clearer as to these young peoples actions but it does make you think.Had they perhaps opened their minds for possession through drugs,witchcfaft or debased music?Who knows?The only thing certain is the devil is running out of time,he will try and trip you by any means possible and although demon possession is not a common occurance in the modern day western world doesnt mean it cant happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live here in Minneapolis Mn.. and afew years ago acouple of young men where convicted of murder for no reason other then they wanted to know what it was like..

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred.,
variance, emulations. wrath, strife. seditions, heresies. evnyings, MURDERS,
drunkenness, revellings..

We are wicked.. but the bible clearly states MURDER is a work of the flesh... while I must give the Devil his do.. Satan needs not help wicked man to work out their own wickness... in fact does he waste time on the wicked or work to undo the rightous..?

While demons do operate in the world no dought.. but I do not think they are cause of everything.. They bible clearly states we are just as responsible

Kevin

Demonic spirits and possession are certainly scriptural, and I would not presume to say these are not as rampant today as in the days of the early church, but the Word also makes it clear that sin is the root of the problem in the hearts of men who do evil.

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. - Mark 7

Matthew 24

11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

You, dear children are from God and have overcome them (evil spirits, see vs1-3)
because the One who is in you (Jesus Christ, Romans 8:10; 2 Cor 13:5; Eph 3:17)
is greater than the one who is in the world. (evil spirits)
1 John 4:4

Satan Is a PUNK!

Satan is a Punk... He is "Omni-punk-us" all scumbag!:thumbs_do

Jesus is Lord of ALL!:thumbs_up

I feel i need to expand and perhaps clarify my original point some what.The case I reffered to suggests demonic possession to me,Im not saying it was though.Many have you have noted that much wickedness comes from the heart of man and to a degree I accept and agree with that point.I think we need to examine this further though.For arguments sake lets say Satan had never fallen from his position of grace and tempted eve in the garden of eden.What would the world have been like today?To start with there would have been no need for Jesus great sacrafice,we would be living as perfect humans,both physical and mental in a global paradise,Gods original purpose.Would wickedness still be rife?I think not.The devils influence is everywhere,he decieved them in eden and he is decieving us still.I wrote the original thread as a warning to the tools which satan employs and to which we can never ever drop our guard.A time will soon come when both satan and his demons will be removed and we will be relieved beyond belief to have had that demonic pressure removed.Until that time we can just try our best to keep vigilant and arm ourselves with the spiritual armour mentioned in Ephesians 6v14-17.My favourite among those and perhaps the most apt is verse 16 which says:"above all things,take up the large shield of faith,with which you will be able to quench all the wicked ones burning missiles".

Hi Sparky

Hey, long time no chat. This world has gone nuts. People contradict themselves, they are saying now that they believe that there is a higher being, but they dont believe in God. The devil wants man to worship creation instead of the Creator. People have forgotten God and now live in the comfort of a sinful society. Look at the tv. Sex and violence penetrate every single show on in one way or another. People want to put God in a little box and twist it around so that there sins are justified. Thats where the antichrish comes in. If you haven't heard of him there is a man named Maitreya. He claims to be Jesus and every othere messiah. He can disappear and reappear at will. He is performing many miracles and people are worshiping him already. He says he will reveal himself soon. I believe this could definetly be the antichrist. This means rapture must be very near. We must bring as many people to Jesus as possible. We are on the front lines! We are sheep in a den of wolves but out shepard is greater then all. In Toronto a few weeks ago, I heard a horrifying story on the news. A suicidal man took his 5 year old daughter and threw her off a 3 story bridge, then jumped of too. The man died and the girl survived. I saw her picture on the paper and I remembered myself at 5. She reminded me of myself. Such purity and innocence. I cant imagine her terror as her dad dangled her over the bridge for several minutes before dropping her. This is the sickness the world has come to. I believe that satan builds people up in sin. This man was suicidal and I dont think that he was suddenly possesed. The devil works in people and feeds off reactions to situations I think. Like if it pops a bad thought in our heads we can either pray to God or build on the thought. Satan feeds off those and eventually takes them right over so that they are totally blind. I believe this was the state of insanity this man was in. Media glorifys sin and people cant see through the world and all its traps. Everywhere you turn their is a trap. Jesus and His word are our only hope. The bible our only defense. Stay strong and keep watch for the Lord could return at any time. Repentance means a sincere change of heart and mind. We will make mistakes but we believers always turn to God. We are made clean in the blood of the Lamb. God bless you all and I'll talk with you soon I hope Sparky.

Hey witty,ive missed tlking to you to sis.I liked your post very much and agree that satan certainly uses the media as one of his main tools and your comment about maitreya is very disturbing.I think your right in saying the end of this system of things is not far off,somedays i cant hope wishing it would get a move on so we are not subject to any of the devils influences any more.Hope to see you in chat soon and i can enjoy your silly or serious conversation again(which ever we are in the mood for).love ya sis-sparky

He may be alive but he's not well. He knows his time is short and desires to take as many as he can with him, That is his means of revenge on God to take those that God loves and cause them to disbelieve God in that way seperating them from God.He uses the same weapons he always used but thanks be to God we have greater weapons at our disposal.

I suppose, it is about randomly insulting the "DIRT BAG" of the universe...He he he

I'm enjoying it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.