• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Daily

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Mary loved Jesus so much that she gave all she had. She didn't just pour out a little perfume to anoint Him, she gave it all (see Mark 14:3-9). She couldn't put that perfume back in the bottle. She had broken it! Maybe it was her inheritance or hope chest. She didn't hold back any for a rainy day or her retirement.

Most of us would have said, "Lord, I would like to give You a little of this perfume. It cost me a year in wages, so I can't give it all to You. But I want You to have some of it to show You how much I love You."

ACTION POINT:
Does this speak to your heart as much as it does mine? Confess, "Lord, I'm not willing to break the alabaster box. Forgive me. Enable me to give my all. Here I am. Take all of me."

Well I think its safe to say that what Mary gave the Lord was a year's wage earned on her back and she knew exactly how much she was forgiven by the Lord. Most today aren't even capable of giving the Lord His tenth because they love money so much, so its safe to say that many would have a hard time giving Him a year's worth of salary. Forget asking the Lord to help us break the alabaster box. Ask Him to get rid of that poverty mentality and cheap spirit that is ungodly so you can give your senior partner His 10% which you get blessed for doing!

Last edited: