• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Daily: Do you hunger & thirst after righteousness

BIBLE MEDITATION:
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matthew 5:6

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Jesus tells us that when we seek after righteousness, we will be filled. Sounds like we'll be happy, don't you think? But happiness is not something we find by hungering for it, it is something we receive by serving the Lord.

God doesn't want us to be happy without Christ. God allows us to experience unhappiness in our lives in the same way we experience pain when we step on a nail. The pain tells us something is wrong.

ACTION POINT:
Now, for us to seek happiness without seeking righteousness would be like breaking our arm and then not taking a pain killer and getting it set. Blessing comes when we find the Deliverer. When you hunger for Him, you will have Him. How much of God do you want today?

How much of God do you want today?

they said teach us to pray
mat. 6:11
and his truth about bread , wouldn't it hold true if He is the bread of life" so our daily bread is true of his spirit also.
and

ps 49.16
pr 10:22
pr 13:7

so my answer to your question is

" give me this day my daily bread"

because nothing more or nothing less is really needed ? I mean he knows what it is I am going to need today. though I do sometimes ask/knock only as a point of communication and as an act of verbal submission to his spirit for my needs for today.