• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

The Cross is Now

[h=3]Re: Thought for Today[/h]

187 The Cross is Now

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

For a Being who lives outside of time and its constraints it is always now. This concept is difficult at best for those creatures like us who live linear existence in our journey through time. Let us try to look at things from His perspective, perhaps that will give us a greater understanding of the power of His Love.

Yesterday is no different in His sight than today. Nothing is faded, nor is it obscured, but all is as clear now as it was the very moment (for those of us in time) it happened.

Today, well He sees everything: from the tiniest sub atomic particles, to the greatest galaxies, to the depths hidden darkly away in the heart of man- He sees all, knows all, and is surprised by nothing.

Tomorrow is no mystery to Him. The script is written, and when all had finally come to pass, He is there now.

Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Before you were born, before the world, or even time existed He made a way to redeem us all. This happened before anything we can conceive of, yet man had to wait for Calvary to see it . It was just as real to Him before it happened physically on earth for it was always now for Him.

The beating of His Son, the pressing of the thorns, the tearing of His flesh, and finally the murder of Love on that cross is now to Him. These events are not dulled by time to Him; in His eyes the blood is still flowing. In His eyes the stone is still freshly rolled away and the Son has risen- now.

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jer 29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

He knew the pit we would find ourselves in. He knew the great cost it would take to redeem us. Yet Love created us anyway. Surely a Love like this is stronger than any reason we can come up with to condemn and separate ourselves from through guilt and shame.

He already knew you, your faults, your failures, your sin- and yet He choose to pay the price for you.
Because, when He looked at you and saw one He loved and simply had to have with Him.

Selah.

Much love in Christ,

Your brother Larry.

Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
Psa 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.