• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The church: revisted

Loyal
There has been a lot of debate here over the years about the church and what it is. Sometimes we call a building the church.
The Bible uses words like temple, tabernacle, or synagogue to describe the building where believers meet. For the purpose of this discussion, when I say "church", I don't mean the building.
I mean the body of Christ, the assembly, the gathering together of the saints.

There is the "global" church, of all the believers here on the Earth, but there is also the "local" church. These are people you know personally and have met face to face.
We have a couple that seem to criticize the church quite a bit, I believe that in reality they are criticizing a denomination, or a pastor, and hopefully they are not criticizing other believers.

It's easy to be an arm-chair Christian and judge other Christians, and tell them they are doing this wrong, and believing that wrong. But usually when we are doing this
we need to take the log out of own eyes before we criticize the speck in others eyes.

I believe these "arm-chair Christians" are the biggest problem. The don't get involved with anyone, they don't get to know anyone, and they don't gather together with other Christians.
They have no accountability to anyone, they aren't praying for anyone (because they don't really know anyone)... and no one is praying for them (because no one really knows them).
We cannot be hermits, isolated from other believers, and call ourselves believers/Christians/sons of God.
Oh, certainly there are elderly, infirmed, incarcerated people that can't get out to meet others. But what about you? Are you visiting these people? What is stopping you? (currently Covid rules in a few places).
There are times when we are sick or on vacation and we can't meet with others that week. But what about the rest of the time?

The Bible says we shouldn't forsake assembling together.
Heb 10:25; not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

We are supposed to love one another.
John 13:34; A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
John 13:35; By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
John 15:12; This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
John 15:17; These things I command you, that you love one another.

We are supposed to bear each others burdens.
Gal 6:2; Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

If I've never personally met you, it's easy to criticize you, I have no emotions for you, no "skin in the game" as the saying goes.
But if we've met one another, talked about our cares, hurts, and families. If we've shared what we need prayer for.. (and we ALL need prayer sometimes)
If we've given time and care to each other. I'm not talking about a text message or a post on TalkJesus, I'm talking about real face to face connection here.
You can make a bit of a connection on-line, but it isn't the same as actually meeting each other.

We are supposed to be lifting each other up, teaching, admonishing, and singing hymns together.
Col 3:16; Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

When one of us is hurting, the saints in "your group" should be hurting with you. When one of you is rejoicing the believers around you should be rejoicing also.
1Cor 12:25; that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another.
1Cor 12:26; And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
1Cor 12:27; Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually.

We were never meant to walk this Christian walk alone. There are so many verses about being together as a congregation.
Heb 10:25; not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

Eccl 4:9; Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor.
Eccl 4:10; For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up.
Eccl 4:11; Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; But how can one be warm alone?
Eccl 4:12; Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Matt 18:20; For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

1Cor 11:18; For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
1Cor 11:19; For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.

1Cor 14:26; How is it then, brethren? Whenever you come together, each of you has a psalm, has a teaching, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification.

It's easy to sit back and say I don't want to join a church, there are imperfect people there. They make mistakes, so I don't want to be a part of them.
Guess what, you yourself are one of those people. You are no better than them, you are simply making yourself a judge over them.

Loyal
For most of the last decade, I have led Bible studies at my house. (In fact I moving to bigger house, with more parking available this week, mostly for this reason)
Now the term "bible study" is a bit misleading... yes we do study the Bible, but that's not why we come together.

Everyone knows me, they know where I work, who I'm married to. They know my children's names, and my grandchildren also. They know who is saved and who isn't.
They know when I having difficulties, problems at my job, problems with my kids, and they know when I'm sick. They have brought me food when I was sick.
Many of them are helping me move this week.

I know them, I know where they work, who they are married to. What foods they like, and what they don't like. I know their children's names and their grandchildren too.
I have met many of their children over the years. I know when they are sick, or have lost a job. I know when people get married or divorced. I hurt for them and I rejoice with them.
I play guitar, so often we sing together at my house. They pray for me, and I have prayed hundreds of prayers for them.
Yes I pray generic global prayers.. for things like the government or world peace, or better weather. But usually my prayers are directly about one person of one situation.

If I don't know you, I can't pray for you. If I'm a televangelist, I don't even know you exist. I don't know your kids, your grandkids, I don't know where you work, who you are married to,
and I don't know what you need prayer for. Oh I can give you a mailing address, and if you send in your $19.95 I can have my people pray for you. (or at least I will tell you they did).
If you're an armchair Christian, who are you praying for? Who have you visited this week? Who have you encouraged? Who have you sang songs with? Who have you prayed with?
Who have you give food to this year? Who have you help moved? Who have you mowed the grass for when they were sick? Who have you changed a tire for when they were broke down?

Now I can't know everyone in the world, I can't even know everyone here on TalkJesus. But I can know those who go to my church. I can know those who live around me.
Who do you know? Are you trying to get to know other believers? Are you loving them? Really loving them on a personal giving level?
Or are you isolating yourself from everyone, using things like Covid as an excuse, not praying for anyone, and not sharing your life with other people so they can pray for you.

There is a lot of loneliness in the world these days. People are broken, lonely, many are depressed and suicidal. What if these people had a group of people around them to pray for them,
share life with, give food to them... just simply call them and ask how their day is going. What if these people ad a group of people around them , people that they KNEW without a doubt
genuinely loved them. Really cared for them and loved them enough to be involved with them.

THIS... this... is what the church is. It isn't a building, it isn't a denomination, it isn't usually the "global" worldwide church. You can't take care of the whole world.
But you can love and take care of those around you.

Jas 1:27; Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Loyal
Eph 5:23; For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24; Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
Eph 5:25; Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
Eph 5:26; that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27; that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28; So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
Eph 5:29; For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
Eph 5:30; For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.
Eph 5:31; "FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH."
Eph 5:32; This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Does Jesus love you as an individual? Yes of course He does. Did He die for your sins as an individual? Yes He did.
But Jesus is the head of "the Church". Jesus loves "the Church". Jesus is coming back for "the Church".
You as an individual are NOT the church. the church is many people together making up the body.

1Cor 12:12; For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
1Cor 12:13; For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
1Cor 12:14; For in fact the body is not one member but many.

The word "flock" is an interesting word. A single sheep can not be a "flock". It takes several sheep gathered together in order to qualify as a "flock".

Luke 12:32; "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
John 10:16; And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
Acts 20:28; Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.
Acts 20:29; For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock.
1Pet 5:2; Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly;

Loyal
Brother Ray what another great post I would love to come and sit in on some of your bible studies !!

Man you you hit the nail on the head, and I can tell you from my personal experience I was isolated at first, when I got born again I was changed was not sinning, but was still isolated, just did not really want to get to know anyone, went to church knew a few people but made no effort to meet or get to know anyone

. I really think,, well for me it is a growing maturing thing, now for the last year I have been in a church that i know a good number of people, and that is mainly because I forced my self to start volunterring with a homeless ministry that is based out of the church, and I can tell you (getting teary eyed as I type) this ministry is the greatest thing for growing in Christ for me to be around a bunch of people sold out for Jesus, it is the most amazing thing, and is so encouraging just helps grow my faith on a whole different level. Seeing the young folks sold out out going on missions all over the world and comming back and telling us stories, just sharing in everyones walk and always building up each other its just awesome.

I remember what is was like being isolated I was fine everyone else had it wrong, I didn't need anyone, they are all sinners they dont know God like I do. Man what a fool I was,

Being around people who have walked with Jesus since they were teenagers, been on 100's of mission trips, these are the kind of people I want to be around to help me grow,

I do think you can be born again in isolation ,but I do not think its possible to grow or mature in your walk in isolation in normal circumstances.

Active
"Being around people who have walked with Jesus since they were teenagers, been on 100's of mission trips, these are the kind of people I want to be around to help me grow, "
I have known Christ since early primary school. And since then I have tried many denominations but never fitted in.
"I do think you can be born again in isolation ,but I do not think its possible to grow or mature in your walk in isolation in normal circumstances."Not true, isolation with Jesus since childhood has taught me much more than being with people. I have grown spiritually the past two years alone than I ever could have within the confines of a building full of people.

Loyal
"Being around people who have walked with Jesus since they were teenagers, been on 100's of mission trips, these are the kind of people I want to be around to help me grow, "
I have known Christ since early primary school. And since then I have tried many denominations but never fitted in.
"I do think you can be born again in isolation ,but I do not think its possible to grow or mature in your walk in isolation in normal circumstances."Not true, isolation with Jesus since childhood has taught me much more than being with people. I have grown spiritually the past two years alone than I ever could have within the confines of a building full of people.
:pensive:

Loyal
@Gregoryp Is your understanding of the church limited to "a building full of people"? That's not how the Bible writers spoke of the church. They used a variety of creative images including a household, a bride, a living building, a living body. The most frequent Greek words are koinonia (fellowship) and ecclesia (assembly). Life in fellowship with other Christians is at the heart of following Jesus.

Nowhere in the Bible is anyone advised to detach themselves from fellowship with others or active participation in the church or commended for doing so. And some of the churches - such as in Corinth - were deeply dysfunctional.

Loyal
My dear brother in Christ,

I do hope you are not including me in the couple you talk about, although I think maybe you are,. If you are including myself, you are proving to me, and I say this in love, you have totally misunderstood what has been said.

The problem on the forum, and we see it every day, is if someone says something that goes against our belief, we immediately put up barriers and see it as an attack.

I agree with most that you say above, the brethren are to come together, in prayer, in fellowship, in worship, to pray and care for one another as you state, a local community of saved souls.

I do not agree with you regarding the comments you make about those not attached to a denominational church you refer to.

Let me try explain, hopefully to make clearer what has been discussed in the past.

1 - There is only one church in scripture, it is the ekklesia. The ekklesia is the body of Christ, the born from above, washed and spiritually regenerated born again believers. These are worldwide and include male and female, young and old, regardless of colour or tongue. These can be local, national and international, there is only one body of saved souls and we are, built together as spiritual stones.

So whether we are a local community, gathering of saved souls, whether we are an internet group of saved souls, whether we are in this country or that country, the Church, the ekklesia is one, the body of Christ is one, there is only one body of Christ, it is the Church, it is the ekklesia.

2 - you mention the place of worship as a building. This is what confuses people, pastors and congregations, first the word church, as a building. You will not find this anywhere in scripture, the word for church, as used today, was introduced by the RCC using the word, 'kuriakon' Note this is not in scripture, it was introduced by the RCC centuries later.

Now some say the word came from the German word, 'kirche', kuriakon from the latin 'circus' meaning 'belonging to the Lord'. Now although the meaning is fit for purpose and could be considered for the building, it doesn't change the facts that, kuriakon is NOT in the Bible AND it was introduced later.

So how do these considerations fit with what is believed today?

It is simply this...
- the church, the ekklesia, is not a building, it is the Body of Christ.
- the church, the ekklesia, is not the congregation of saved and lost souls.
- the church, the ekklesia, is ONLY those washed and spiritually regenerated souls.
- the church, the ekklesia, is born again from above souls, worldwide, which includes, in part, every local group of saved souls.

It really is that simple, to be right with God, to be right with our Lord and His Body of believers, do the following

- Stop calling a building a church
- Don't talk about the ekklesia as 'my church'. We do not have a church, we are 'part of' the Body of Christ worldwide.
- Stop asking people to come to my church, we should not be doing this, we are to bring people to Jesus so they become the church when born again from above.

You know what, if we did these small things...
- we would be more right with God
- we would not be preaching untruths
- we would not be misguiding the flock and search hearts

Tell the Truth, preach the Truth...
- unless you are born again you will NOT SEE the Kingdom of heaven
- unless you are born again from above you WILL NOT ENTER the Kingdom of Heaven
- If you are not born again from above, you are not part of the church, the ekklesia.
- You can be part of a group or congregation of saved souls, part of the fellowship, but you are not part of the church, the body of Christ until you are born again.

What did they cry out that we read in scripture? What must I do to be saved?
- Therefore what must I do to be saved
- Therefore what must I do to be totally forgiven
- Therefore what must I do to go to see heaven, to go to heaven.

No ***** footing, we are to 'Peach the Word, The Word is Truth'

Now I finally add my concern brother, instead of seeing The Truth here as to what a church is, which is what you do now, except preaching the untruths about what the church is, your tone changes to one almost as critisism, those who are not part of a denomination are not armchair Christians! That is voicing your opinion brother. It is also bad wording brothers and sisters in Christ. Your heart is right my friend, but you are digging your heels in to what you think is going against the church, you couldn't be farther from the truth Ray.

Read again what I have put brother, forget the tabernacle and the synagogues, they are Old Testament buildings for worship. The Church is the Body of Christ, born again from above believers, worldwide, in total, but is made up of smaller groups, but there is only ONE BODY of Christ.

As for Temple that has a new meaning in the New Testament also...

1Cor 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Providing we are born anew.

In His love

Shalom

Loyal
your tone changes to one almost as critisism, those who are not part of a denomination are not armchair Christians!

The denomination doesn't matter too much. (Although there are entire denominations that are not Biblical). However if you are not part of a group, an assembly, a gathering of saints... then I stand by what I said.
You can't be a Christian in isolation. (exceptions would be things you can't control, sickness, infirmary, incarceration, lameness, old-age, blindness, etc... ) but even then, people can visit you.

If you're not doing anything for anyone. You qualify as an armchair Christian. If you have no relationship with a group of Christians - I would really examine myself.
People are messy, troublesome, difficult, needy, argumentative, etc... some people don't want to deal with all that. Selfishness.

Matt 25:41; "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Matt 25:42; for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
Matt 25:43; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'

Loyal
The denomination doesn't matter too much. (Although there are entire denominations that are not Biblical).

I totally agree except to say, denominational practices to get in the way and influence believers and search hearts what they do is right.

It is amazing, every denomination think they are right with God. I wish I could say that and I am just a spiritual stone, but I know my place in the ekklesia. The body of Christ.

I reread my comment as a retired building surveyor, I want to humble myself and put myself at the bottom, but also know if I am close to the bottom I am also close to the foundation, which is the most important part of any building.

So I must remain as just an element of an into work glorious structure.

Loyal
The denomination doesn't matter too much. (Although there are entire denominations that are not Biblical). However if you are part of a group, an assembly, a gathering of saints... then I stand by what I said.

You can be part of a group, a gathering, but if all members are not born again, they are not all Saints.

We are only part of the ekklesia when we are born again from above, when we have been washed and spiritually regenerated.

To say otherwise is against what the scriptures say, to say otherwise is Preaching an Untruth, to say otherwise is misguiding the flock. Misguiding the believers but even worse misguiding the search hearts into thinking if they are part of the group they are saved, they think they are part of the church, they are part of the group, but not part of the ekklezia the body of Christ till they are saved.

Pastors have a massive responsibility to preach, the Truth and nothing but the Truth, this also applies to every saved soul, we will be held to accout.

Shalom

Loyal
The Truth is "Sweeter than Honey":pensive:
My dear brother in Christ,

I do hope you are not including me in the couple you talk about, although I think maybe you are,. If you are including myself, you are proving to me, and I say this in love, you have totally misunderstood what has been said.

The problem on the forum, and we see it every day, is if someone says something that goes against our belief, we immediately put up barriers and see it as an attack.

I agree with most that you say above, the brethren are to come together, in prayer, in fellowship, in worship, to pray and care for one another as you state, a local community of saved souls.

I do not agree with you regarding the comments you make about those not attached to a denominational church you refer to.

Let me try explain, hopefully to make clearer what has been discussed in the past.

1 - There is only one church in scripture, it is the ekklesia. The ekklesia is the body of Christ, the born from above, washed and spiritually regenerated born again believers. These are worldwide and include male and female, young and old, regardless of colour or tongue. These can be local, national and international, there is only one body of saved souls and we are, built together as spiritual stones.

So whether we are a local community, gathering of saved souls, whether we are an internet group of saved souls, whether we are in this country or that country, the Church, the ekklesia is one, the body of Christ is one, there is only one body of Christ, it is the Church, it is the ekklesia.

2 - you mention the place of worship as a building. This is what confuses people, pastors and congregations, first the word church, as a building. You will not find this anywhere in scripture, the word for church, as used today, was introduced by the RCC using the word, 'kuriakon' Note this is not in scripture, it was introduced by the RCC centuries later.

Now some say the word came from the German word, 'kirche', kuriakon from the latin 'circus' meaning 'belonging to the Lord'. Now although the meaning is fit for purpose and could be considered for the building, it doesn't change the facts that, kuriakon is NOT in the Bible AND it was introduced later.

So how do these considerations fit with what is believed today?

It is simply this...
- the church, the ekklesia, is not a building, it is the Body of Christ.
- the church, the ekklesia, is not the congregation of saved and lost souls.
- the church, the ekklesia, is ONLY those washed and spiritually regenerated souls.
- the church, the ekklesia, is born again from above souls, worldwide, which includes, in part, every local group of saved souls.

It really is that simple, to be right with God, to be right with our Lord and His Body of believers, do the following

- Stop calling a building a church
- Don't talk about the ekklesia as 'my church'. We do not have a church, we are 'part of' the Body of Christ worldwide.
- Stop asking people to come to my church, we should not be doing this, we are to bring people to Jesus so they become the church when born again from above.

You know what, if we did these small things...
- we would be more right with God
- we would not be preaching untruths
- we would not be misguiding the flock and search hearts

Tell the Truth, preach the Truth...
- unless you are born again you will NOT SEE the Kingdom of heaven
- unless you are born again from above you WILL NOT ENTER the Kingdom of Heaven
- If you are not born again from above, you are not part of the church, the ekklesia.
- You can be part of a group or congregation of saved souls, part of the fellowship, but you are not part of the church, the body of Christ until you are born again.

What did they cry out that we read in scripture? What must I do to be saved?
- Therefore what must I do to be saved
- Therefore what must I do to be totally forgiven
- Therefore what must I do to go to see heaven, to go to heaven.

No ***** footing, we are to 'Peach the Word, The Word is Truth'

Now I finally add my concern brother, instead of seeing The Truth here as to what a church is, which is what you do now, except preaching the untruths about what the church is, your tone changes to one almost as critisism, those who are not part of a denomination are not armchair Christians! That is voicing your opinion brother. It is also bad wording brothers and sisters in Christ. Your heart is right my friend, but you are digging your heels in to what you think is going against the church, you couldn't be farther from the truth Ray.

Read again what I have put brother, forget the tabernacle and the synagogues, they are Old Testament buildings for worship. The Church is the Body of Christ, born again from above believers, worldwide, in total, but is made up of smaller groups, but there is only ONE BODY of Christ.

As for Temple that has a new meaning in the New Testament also...

1Cor 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Providing we are born anew.

In His love

Shalom

American Standard Version
"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

Berean Study Bible
"They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb."

Loyal
"Not true, isolation with Jesus since childhood has taught me much more than being with people. I have grown spiritually the past two years alone than I ever could have within the confines of a building full of people.

What father does not want his children to know there brothers and sisters??

Loyal
1 Peter 4:10-11
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

How can one serve one another if we isolate ourselfs?

Scripture is clear we all have gifts to serve one another,

if your not serving other people is there any scripture to support such a lifestyle?

Loyal
Let me say this, when you have been born into the Body of Christ, it is not a body revealed in parts. You have become a member of a Whole HOST of Believers, Brothers and sisters the promise was given to "Abraham" and Abraham has fellowship with us, and if you do not know that, and you do not recognize the presence of Isaac, Jacob, john Calvin, John Hus, Edwards, Luther, David, Paul, James, Peter, Elijah, Nahum, Daniel a whole HOST, living in you. something is wrong!
(Hebrew 12)BSB
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race set out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."…"

Tell me someone; HOW can a "Child of The LIVING GOD" have more in common with the child of a Devil than with HIs Own kind. Tell me How can a Child of The LIVING GOD walk hand in hand and enjoy and take sweet counsel together and care more , for The true child of wrath than his own Household.

I do understand if it is your own child, son or daughter the covenant of your own spouse that you made before people and "The SOVEREIGN GOD" FOR THAT IS BINDING. :pensive:

BUT MANY IN LOCAL, assemblies walk hand in hand cuddling with the enemy, Living in total "rebellion" and always searching for the "escape clauses" and a host of those who are in agreement, excuses excuses excuses excuses why you refuse to obey GOD's WORD. "This is MY Beloved SON in whom I am well Please, HEAR ye Him, Listen to HIM. He is , your Salvation, your Savior form ME.:pensive:

God has Commanded us pertaining to some people ,HE told us don't even sit down and eat with them. And He is not playing, keep on walking in DIS-Obedience.

There is only "One Congregation" of GOD, "One Faith", "ONE LORD" "One Baptism", "One Savior". You can interpreted it and explain it, anyway you Please:pensive: But at The End of The Day. It does not matter what we think it means, He has the LAST WORD! It has been settle already:eyes: The Father has The 1st and The LAST WORD. And Jesus is The "ALPHA and The OMEGA"

Many don't understand what that means:eyes: Jesus has already said; "My Father is Greater than I"

King James Bible
Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
(John 10)BSB
"My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life,and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.…"

Hallelujah, AMEN ! If i have to say it by Myself!

Active
"God has Commanded us pertaining to some people ,HE told us don't even sit down and eat with them" yes exactly, some church buildings have it right, but the vast majority have it so wrong. Why even sit in such a place every Sunday morning? Their doctrine is so wrong its laughable they even believe it.

Loyal
There is only "One Congregation" of GOD, "One Faith", "ONE LORD" "One Baptism", "One Savior". You can interpreted it and explain it, anyway you Please:pensive: But at The End of The Day. It does not matter what we think it means, He has the LAST WORD! It has been settle already:eyes: The Father has The 1st and The LAST WORD. And Jesus is The "ALPHA and The OMEGA"

This is spot on, there is only one congregation, it is referred to as the ekklesia, the church, the Body of Christ, and it only includes SAVED SOULS, not church goers, not think I am saved, only the truly born again from above souls. There is only one, ekklesia, therefore there is only one church, from scripture, from the word ekklesia, there is only one faith, only one baptism, we are all grafted into the same vine.

If we preach anything different we are not preaching the truth, if we preach anything different we are misguiding the flock, if we teach anything different we are allowing unsaved souls to think they are saved, one day we will have to answer for that, God really does have the first and last word.

Shalom