• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Chronicles of Narnia;versions from 98-90

I bought a set of dvd's made by Alpha Omega Publications that was offered on sale right before the new "the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" came out at theatres. This set was made in 1998 through 1990. I actually bought the set for my daughter (for $35), but my husband and I also love to sit and watch the series with her.

The symbolism is rich and the acting and the talking animals are wonderful and full of humor and imagination. When Aslan the lion lay down to die for the sin of Edmund, I started to cry....so much like what Jesus has done for us.

If you have kids, pre-teen to teen age, I recommend this series. I ordered it from Christian Book Distributors.

They have the series at our library. We personally were so glad they made a new movie. We thought the acting was terrible, Lucy was too old, and their graphics were not that great. It's okay for now, but I hope they eventually replace all of those older Narnia movies.

Well I've heard of some good elements and bad from the new movie. (Things that don't exactly line up with the book etc.) I'd still love to see it though once it's out of the theaters and ready for sale!

Although it was not included in the actual story "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" I hoped that they would have included creation of Narnia from the first story in the new movie. It would have been amazing to see the visual representation of Aslan singing Narnia into existence.

God is awesome!

I can get a lot out of the old movies, because I read the C.S. Lewis series when I was a kid, and loved them. However, it will be alot of fun to see the new series too. When the new "the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" come out, I will rent it or buy it, and it will be very exciting indeed. I guess I'm an "older" person, lol, and I don't mind if the graphics in a movie aren't absolutely awesome.

I like the actress that plays Lucy in old version, because she has a sweet spirit and and awesome smile.

Love in Christ,
Dreamer (Jan)