• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Brave Heart of Freedom

Staff Member
And Moses said to the people: "Remember this day in which you went out of Egypt, out of the house of bondage; for by strength of hand the LORD brought you out of this [place]…." Exodus 13:3

It should have been a day of rejoicing. God had released Israel from captivity. No longer would they need to make bricks all day long. No longer would they need to cower before brutal slave drivers. God had delivered them, but the people had trust issues.

So many choices had been made for the Israelites that they struggled to embrace freedom. The people actually suggested that things had been better when freedom was a dream and hope was drowned out by harsh Egyptian commands.

When normal is abuse, addiction, and anger, freedom can seem like a very radical idea. Many former captives return to familiar chains because they don't value the day freedom visited and invited them to leave bondage behind.

You can trust in the God who breaks chains, repairs hearts, and restores futures. He can. He has. He will. His power is great enough to deliver a new normal. He can destroy the heavy chains that have kept you from the good He has planned for you.

Prayer: Lord, help me to remember the day freedom came to visit. May I refuse to be chained to a past that You have freed me from. Thanks for removing my life from the slavery of sin.