• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Bible speaks Nothing about a "Good Samaritan" but we do, Jesus said, No one is Good except God alone.

Loyal
When i woke up this Morning, as i turn before my feet Hit the Floor, The Good Samaritan, where did that come from? My response was, Mmm, not of the bible, because you have said, there is none good no not one, and that there is only one that is Good, and that was God alone. I though and replied, it is a title given by Man. DID the title fit the Samaritan? I thought, no. And replied "Good" had nothing implied or contribute to the "Samaritan" in light of "Holy Scripture". Now this is a conversation, going on, like many i have had with GOD throughout the years and not even thinking. "talking as if it is the "cool of the Day". and when he speaks , my mind runs throughout the "Scriptures" in Lightening speed , but calm. So before i spoke to my grandchildren I made a note: "The Good Samaritan". and now i have set down and thought about it, And to make sure my thoughts are true, I turn to "Luke" and read the whole story again, and how Jesus, came about this story, parable. My thoughts, first, a "Samaritan" has nothing to do with GOOD, Nothing but a different race of People, thats all, that is look down upon. [Many other things i can say about the story, But this time for me it is not needful. } Jesus answered a question, "who is my neighbor" "now go out and do the same" !

"One Meaning , many applications"

Shalom

Active
When i woke up this Morning, as i turn before my feet Hit the Floor, The Good Samaritan, where did that come from? My response was, Mmm, not of the bible, because you have said, there is none good no not one, and that there is only one that is Good, and that was God alone. I though and replied, it is a title given by Man. DID the title fit the Samaritan? I thought, no. And replied "Good" had nothing implied or contribute to the "Samaritan" in light of "Holy Scripture". Now this is a conversation, going on, like many i have had with GOD throughout the years and not even thinking. "talking as if it is the "cool of the Day". and when he speaks , my mind runs throughout the "Scriptures" in Lightening speed , but calm. So before i spoke to my grandchildren I made a note: "The Good Samaritan". and now i have set down and thought about it, And to make sure my thoughts are true, I turn to "Luke" and read the whole story again, and how Jesus, came about this story, parable. My thoughts, first, a "Samaritan" has nothing to do with GOOD, Nothing but a different race of People, thats all, that is look down upon. [Many other things i can say about the story, But this time for me it is not needful. } Jesus answered a question, "who is my neighbor" "now go out and do the same" !

"One Meaning , many applications"

Shalom

The no one is good save God our father not seen I would think it teaches us no man can serve two teaches masters as one Lord .

(1) the things of God not seen the eternal and (2) that of men seen the temporal . In that way the word good as it is used in Geneis at creation . let there be and it was good represents the signiture of God not seen like a seal a mark on the forehead what he brings to mind again to represent the unseen will of God that works in us who do believe .

Jesus who came to do the will of the father and not of his own corupted flesh gave glory to the father when one accussed him as being the unseen Lord the one Good teaching master as Lord.

I would think He has not left as no good orphans without a infalible father but has freely given to us that which is good , faith it accompaies salvation the hearing and understanding from the beginning. he promises all Christians that he will not forget the good works we ofer towards His holy name yoked with him

Pray that he might continue to bring to our memory the things he has already taught and thank him for the little honey if we find any

Hebrew 6:9-10 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Loyal
I think we have to take the context of this passage.

Mark 10:18; And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
Mark 10:19; "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, Do not defraud, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"

Mark 10:20; And he said to Him, "Teacher, I have kept all these things from my youth up."
Mark 10:21; Looking at him, Jesus felt a love for him and said to him, "One thing you lack: go and sell all you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
Mark 10:22; But at these words he was saddened, and he went away grieving, for he was one who owned much property.

Luke 18:19; And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.
Luke 18:20; "You know the commandments, 'DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, DO NOT MURDER, DO NOT STEAL, DO NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER.'"

Luke 18:21; And he said, "All these things I have kept from my youth."
Luke 18:22; When Jesus heard this, He said to him, "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."
Luke 18:23; But when he had heard these things, he became very sad, for he was extremely rich.

Jesus was telling him, if you want to be good, obey the commandments.
The man said I have always kept the commandments. Jesus didn't dispute that, He didn't say the man was lying.
In fact, what He said was... that isn't enough. Give all your riches to the poor, and follow me.

Luke 18:24; And Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for those who are wealthy to enter the kingdom of God!
Luke 18:25; "For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Luke 18:26; They who heard it said, "Then who can be saved?"
Luke 18:27; But He said, "The things that are impossible with people are possible with God."
Luke 18:28; Peter said, "Behold, we have left our own homes and followed You."
Luke 18:29; And He said to them, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,
Luke 18:30; who will not receive many times as much at this time and in the age to come, eternal life."

This is a difficult passage... Jesus is telling this man how to be good, how to be perfect. The man was "pretty good". He kept the commandments.
But he wasn't perfect, he wasn't ready to give up everything and follow Jesus.

Jesus talks about how hard it is for rich people to enter heaven. Most of us in the US or UK are rich compared to much of the world.
There are billionaires in these countries that could eliminate world hunger and poverty. But like the rich young man here, they aren't willing to do that.
It isn't that they can't. It's that they won't. That's why Jesus says no one is good.
But then He says that the things that are impossible for us, are possible with God... Hmmm... what does that mean?

The disciples tell Jesus, we gave up everything and followed you. Jesus tells them they will be rewarded for that. The disciples were just ordinary men like you and me.
But they met Jesus's requirement to follow Him.

The Bible does say there are some good, blameless and righteous people.

Gen 6:9; These are the records of the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his time; Noah walked with God.

2Chron 15:17; But the high places were not removed from Israel; nevertheless Asa's heart was blameless all his days.

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job; and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God and turning away from evil.

Luke 1:5; In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
Luke 1:6; They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of the Lord.

Matt 13:17; "For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

Acts 10:22; They said, "Cornelius, a centurion, a righteous and God-fearing man well spoken of by the entire nation of the Jews, was divinely directed by a holy angel to send for you to come to his house and hear a message from you."

Loyal
The no one is good save God our father not seen I would think it teaches us no man can serve two teaches masters as one Lord .

(1) the things of God not seen the eternal and (2) that of men seen the temporal . In that way the word good as it is used in Geneis at creation . let there be and it was good represents the signiture of God not seen like a seal a mark on the forehead what he brings to mind again to represent the unseen will of God that works in us who do believe .

Jesus who came to do the will of the father and not of his own corupted flesh gave glory to the father when one accussed him as being the unseen Lord the one Good teaching master as Lord.

I would think He has not left as no good orphans without a infalible father but has freely given to us that which is good , faith it accompaies salvation the hearing and understanding from the beginning. he promises all Christians that he will not forget the good works we ofer towards His holy name yoked with him

Pray that he might continue to bring to our memory the things he has already taught and thank him for the little honey if we find any

Hebrew 6:9-10 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Are you in agreement with the whole Word of The Living God as it is written in the "Original Copied Manuscript"? Meaning that the whole of God's Word according to Him is true. I do. According to His truth and not a human being interpretation. So in essence i can read, the book He wrote for His children. For GOD did speak in a language and in a way to His Chosen Children that they can understand without a interpreter. For God would never speak in a way His Children could not understand, for he would never have his children walk in ignorance.

For i am fully aware what God wants His child to know, for the whole counsel of God is Written on the tables of my heart before the foundations of the Cosmos. And i have read every single translated word of God that has been translated into the "RSV, ASV, NIV, KJV Cambridge editon version as a whole over countless of times and just the New Testament alone almost or more than thousand times in over 44 years. I am not a christian! And never will claim to be one, and offended if called one! But I Am A "Child of the Living GOD" Born of His Spirit, wash in His Blood" and chosen before the foundation of the cosmos, elected to be adopted by GOD the Father as a joint heir with HIs only begotten Son, shared inheritance. Of The Lord Jesus Christ and will reign with Him forever and ever and never die! So the LORD Almighty GOD would never have. HIS children to walk in ignorance of His Truth. For He is. GOOD Father! And every good Gift comes from above! And there is only been one good gift that has Come from above and that good gift is "Jesus Christ" the Only begotten Son of GOD"! Good Gifts never perishes away. Jesus is the Good gift that the father gave from above. The only good gift from above. All other gifts perishes away. there is none good but one! And He gave this gift to the world but only selected few will receive it with full benefits.

The Gift of GOD, is beyond our understanding.

Loyal
Luke 10:25; And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
Luke 10:26; And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?"
Luke 10:27; And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."
Luke 10:28; And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."
Luke 10:29; But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"
Luke 10:30; Jesus replied and said, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead.
Luke 10:31; "And by chance a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
Luke 10:32; "Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
Luke 10:33; "But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion,
Luke 10:34; and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
Luke 10:35; "On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you.'
Luke 10:36; "Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers' hands?"

Luke 10:37; And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same."

We all know the story, it's been discussed a number of times here on TalkJesus.
Who here likes lawyers? Lawyers are very technical people. The best ones know the law inside out, they know the loopholes, exceptions, the maximums and the minimums.
I find it a little humorous, that it is lawyer that asks Jesus this question.
What do I 'have' to do to get eternal life. In other words, what's the bare minimum I have to do?

Do we ever stop to consider, maybe God wants more than our bare minimum.
Some 'Christians" look at the Christian walk as something that 'have' to do, rather than something they want to do because they love Jesus/God.

I wonder how our wives or husbands would answer... if we asked them... what's the bare minimum I have to do in order for you to love me? As if we are bargaining with them.
How many of us are trying to bargain with God? I'll do this, if you'll do that (let me in heaven)

I also find it a little funny that Jesus answers the lawyer with a question of His own.. what does it say in the Law? Lawyers know all about the law.
Well you have to love God... more than anything. ...and.. you have to love your neighbor. No problem, I love God, I love my neighbor... I got this.

Jesus said if you love me, you'll keep my commandments. Are you sure you love God?

The lawyer is looking for a loophole here... "who is my neighbor?" I don't want to love anyone who isn't my neighbor, that would be going above and beyond the minimum requirements.
But Jesus gives him an unexpected answer.

Remember, the whole reason Jesus tells this story, is because the lawyer asks... who is my neighbor? Do you love your neighbor? Really love them.
Well yeah, I love them. I even pray for them sometimes. That's great, but that's not love.

Of course we know the Priest and Levite walked right on past this man who was robbed and beaten. They were supposed to be the religious examples in the community.
The man was right in front of them... but they both move over to "the other side" of the road, so they won't have to deal with this man.
Maybe they were just too busy. How many of us are just too busy to love our neighbors? It seems part of the real problem was they had no compassion.
In verse 33 it says the Samaritan had compassion. It doesn't say the priest or the Levite had compassion, but if they did, they just kept right on walking. Eyes straight ahead.
So the Samaritan had compassion.

But compassion in itself isn't helpful. Love is an action.
I suppose some of us might have compassion for this man, we might stop, and ask how they are doing, we might even pray for them (that's not a bad thing), and we might even tell them we love them...
after that.. we turn into the priest and Levite and walk away. Well hey, at least I stopped and prayed for him!!

The Samaritan went beyond that, he bandaged up the man's wounds. That takes, time, effort and money. (someone had to pay for the bandages)
He poured oil and wine on the mans wounds. (we could start another thread about the significance of oil and wine in the Bible, and what they mean) but wine had alcohol to disinfect
and clean the wounds. The oil is a soothing protectorant that takes away some of the pain.
Maybe this made the Samaritan late for work, or late for dinner. But he did it anyway. The Jews and Samaritans didn't care much for each other, so it's surprising it was a Samaritan who helped this man.
Then the Samaritan puts the wounded man on his horse/camel while he himself has to walk. How many of us would stop and help that homeless alcoholic, or that dirty drug user on the side of the road?
How many of us would give them a ride in our car?

The Samaritan spends the night with the man, caring for him, and pays for his room. In fact he pays for the room possibly a few more nights. How many of us would do that for someone we don't even know?

If I gave you a new iPhone 12, for free. You would probably want to use it. I tell you it's free, but you have to go activate it. You have to call Verizon or Tmobile or whoever, to activate the cell phone.. then it will work.
Love isn't love, until you activate it. Telling someone you love them is great, telling them you'll pray for them is great also. But unless you actually stop and bandage them up, take time for them, feed them, clothe them...
it isn't really love.

Jas 2:14; What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
Jas 2:15; If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
Jas 2:16; and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

After Jesus told this story, he asks the lawyer which one was his neighbor. The lawyer answers correctly. Jesus says "go and do the same".
It's interesting that Jesus picks a Gentile to be the hero in this story. Jesus is telling us... "go and do the same".

Last edited:
Loyal
Luke 10:25; And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"
Luke 10:26; And He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?"
Luke 10:27; And he answered, "YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."
Luke 10:28; And He said to him, "You have answered correctly; DO THIS AND YOU WILL LIVE."
Luke 10:29; But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, "And who is my neighbor?"
Luke 10:30; Jesus replied and said, "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among robbers, and they stripped him and beat him, and went away leaving him half dead.
Luke 10:31; "And by chance a priest was going down on that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
Luke 10:32; "Likewise a Levite also, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.
Luke 10:33; "But a Samaritan, who was on a journey, came upon him; and when he saw him, he felt compassion,
Luke 10:34; and came to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them; and he put him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
Luke 10:35; "On the next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper and said, 'Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I return I will repay you.'
Luke 10:36; "Which of these three do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers' hands?"

Luke 10:37; And he said, "The one who showed mercy toward him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do the same."

We all know the story, it's been discussed a number of times here on TalkJesus.
Who here likes lawyers? Lawyers are very technical people. The best ones know the law inside out, they know the loopholes, exceptions, the maximums and the minimums.
I find it a little humorous, that it is lawyer that asks Jesus this question.
What do I 'have' to do to get eternal life. In other words, what's the bare minimum I have to do?

Do we ever stop to consider, maybe God wants more than our bare minimum.
Some 'Christians" look at the Christian walk as something that 'have' to do, rather than something they want to do because they love Jesus/God.

I wonder how our wives or husbands would answer... if we asked them... what's the bare minimum I have to do in order for you to love me? As if we are bargaining with them.
How many of us are trying to bargain with God? I'll do this, if you'll do that (let me in heaven)

I also find it a little funny that Jesus answers the lawyer with a question of His own.. what does it say in the Law? Lawyers know all about the law.
Well you have to love God... more than anything. ...and.. you have to love your neighbor. No problem, I love God, I love my neighbor... I got this.

Jesus said if you love me, you'll keep my commandments. Are you sure you love God?

The lawyer is looking for a loophole here... "who is my neighbor?" I don't want to love anyone who isn't my neighbor, that would be going above and beyond the minimum requirements.
But Jesus gives him an unexpected answer.

Remember, the whole reason Jesus tells this story, is because the lawyer asks... who is my neighbor? Do you love your neighbor? Really love them.
Well yeah, I love them. I even pray for them sometimes. That's great, but that's not love.

Of course we know the Priest and Levite walked right on past this man who was robbed and beaten. They were supposed to be the religious examples in the community.
The man was right in front of them... but they both move over to "the other side" of the road, so they won't have to deal with this man.
Maybe they were just too busy. How many of us are just too busy to love our neighbors? It seems part of the real problem was they had no compassion.
In verse 33 it says the Samaritan had compassion. It doesn't say the priest or the Levite had compassion, but if they did, they just kept right on walking. Eyes straight ahead.
So the Samaritan had compassion.

But compassion in itself isn't helpful. Love is an action.
I suppose some of us might have compassion for this man, we might stop, and ask how they are doing, we might even pray for them (that's not a bad thing), and we might even tell them we love them...
after that.. we turn into the priest and Levite and walk away. Well hey, at least I stopped and prayed for him!!

The Samaritan went beyond that, he bandaged up the man's wounds. That takes, time, effort and money. (someone had to pay for the bandages)
He poured oil and wine on the mans wounds. (we could start another thread about the significance of oil and wine in the Bible, and what they mean) but wine had alcohol to disinfect
and clean the wounds. The oil is a soothing protectorant that takes away some of the pain.
Maybe this made the Samaritan late for work, or late for dinner. But he did it anyway. The Jews and Samaritans didn't care much for each other, so it's surprising it was a Samaritan who helped this man.
Then the Samaritan puts the wounded man on his horse/camel while he himself has to walk. How many of us would stop and help that homeless alcoholic, or that dirty drug user on the side of the road?
How many of us would give them a ride in our car?

The Samaritan spends the night with the man, caring for him, and pays for his room. In fact he pays for the room possibly a few more nights. How many of us would do that for someone we don't even know?

If I gave you a new iPhone 12, for free. You would probably want to use it. I tell you it's free, but you have to go activate it. You have to call Verizon or Tmobile or whoever, to activate the cell phone.. then it will work.
Love isn't love, until you activate it. Telling someone you love them is great, telling them you'll pray for them is great also. But unless you actually stop and bandage them up, take time for them, feed them, clothe them...
it isn't really love.

Jas 2:14; What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?
Jas 2:15; If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food,
Jas 2:16; and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?

After Jesus told this story, he asks the lawyer which one was his neighbor. The lawyer answers correctly. Jesus says "go and do the same".
It's interesting that Jesus picks a Gentile to be the hero in this story. Jesus is telling us... "go and do the same".

I meant to simply be agreeing with you. Hit the wrong key by mistake :)

Loyal
Christians try to be christians. "Children of GOD" are "children of GOD", they don't try to be,, they are.

"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is."

[But the world know who christians are] But they do not know who the "Children of GOD" are.:eyes:

Active
Christians try to be christians. "Children of GOD" are "children of GOD", they don't try to be,, they are.

"See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is."

[But the world know who christians are] But they do not know who the "Children of GOD" are.:eyes:

I can see every side from every angle, but I know for sure who's in and who isn't--those who love life are in, and those who hate it, they are out.

Active
Essence, friend, essence comes before words.

Words are tools for understanding the deeper things, but they are also integral in building better, stronger, and sturdier ships. What ship is there that can't be struck down at sea? There isn't any such ship. Friend, ships are for going from one point to another point--on a ship we set sail from one land to another, each land having its own 'God.' Laws and Spirit can be found in all place where man is, no matter the time or place in any history; man is one with the law and the spirit of himself and the world, and to remove oneself from this picture is to remove oneself from life itself. What is a half-beast half-god? No doubt it's Man.

Thank God for intelligence, what an excellent blessing.

Active
Are you in agreement with the whole Word of The Living God as it is written in the "Original Copied Manuscript"? Meaning that the whole of God's Word according to Him is true. I do. According to His truth and not a human being interpretation. So in essence i can read, the book He wrote for His children. For GOD did speak in a language and in a way to His Chosen Children that they can understand without a interpreter. For God would never speak in a way His Children could not understand, for he would never have his children walk in ignorance.

I would agree. We are not to go beyond all things writen in the law and prophets .the whole Bible.

For i am fully aware what God wants His child to know, for the whole counsel of God is Written on the tables of my heart before the foundations of the Cosmos. And i have read every single translated word of God that has been translated into the "RSV, ASV, NIV, KJV Cambridge edition version as a whole over countless of times and just the New Testament alone almost or more than thousand times in over 44 years. I am not a christian! And never will claim to be one, and offended if called one!

That’s kind of different? God calls those who believe his word "Christians"

But I Am A "Child of the Living GOD" Born of His Spirit, wash in His Blood" and chosen before the foundation of the cosmos, elected to be adopted by GOD the Father as a joint heir with HIs only begotten Son, shared inheritance. Of The Lord Jesus Christ and will reign with Him forever and ever and never die! So the LORD Almighty GOD would never have. HIS children to walk in ignorance of His Truth. For He is. GOOD Father! And every good Gift comes from above! And there is only been one good gift that has Come from above and that good gift is "Jesus Christ" the Only begotten Son of GOD"! Good Gifts never perishes away. Jesus is the Good gift that the father gave from above. The only good gift from above. All other gifts perishes away. there is none good but one! And He gave this gift to the world but only selected few will receive it with full benefits.

You say you believe. . Yet you resist the new name he named his bride, the church . . previously called her born again Israel .Not al Israel is born again

Christian. . a more befitting name in respect to all the nations of the world .God who is not served by human hands is not a respecter of persons or nations. As sons of God we are not what we will be when we receive the promise of our new incorruptible body.

It seems you have an issue against the name our father in heaven named us?

Loyal

I would agree. We are not to go beyond all things writen in the law and prophets .the whole Bible.

For i am fully aware what God wants His child to know, for the whole counsel of God is Written on the tables of my heart before the foundations of the Cosmos. And i have read every single translated word of God that has been translated into the "RSV, ASV, NIV, KJV Cambridge edition version as a whole over countless of times and just the New Testament alone almost or more than thousand times in over 44 years. I am not a christian! And never will claim to be one, and offended if called one!

That’s kind of different? God calls those who believe his word "Christians"

But I Am A "Child of the Living GOD" Born of His Spirit, wash in His Blood" and chosen before the foundation of the cosmos, elected to be adopted by GOD the Father as a joint heir with HIs only begotten Son, shared inheritance. Of The Lord Jesus Christ and will reign with Him forever and ever and never die! So the LORD Almighty GOD would never have. HIS children to walk in ignorance of His Truth. For He is. GOOD Father! And every good Gift comes from above! And there is only been one good gift that has Come from above and that good gift is "Jesus Christ" the Only begotten Son of GOD"! Good Gifts never perishes away. Jesus is the Good gift that the father gave from above. The only good gift from above. All other gifts perishes away. there is none good but one! And He gave this gift to the world but only selected few will receive it with full benefits.

You say you believe. . Yet you resist the new name he named his bride, the church . . previously called her born again Israel .Not al Israel is born again

Christian. . a more befitting name in respect to all the nations of the world .God who is not served by human hands is not a respecter of persons or nations. As sons of God we are not what we will be when we receive the promise of our new incorruptible body.

It seems you have an issue against the name our father in heaven named us?
you said, God said: "That’s kind of different? God calls those who believe his word "Christians" "That is a lie, God has not said, such a thing"
And God has never, neither have Jesus has ever "spoken" the word church out of His mouth! or by "divine revelation"!

And who told you, that God gave a new name he name Church.? For such of a word never have came out of HIS mouth,, or recorded in The "Original Copied Manuscript" of The Words Spoken by GOD" that is "Divinely Inspired" by HIM.

And I have spoken "The Truth"! so please do not be alarm, or offended by the edification of The Truth. for in which I am obligated to declare by a "New Covenant" that has been sealed by The Blood of Jesus Christ my LORD and Savior. for in which i cannot deny.:confounded:

For i do know someone have told you He said those things, But they told you lies, For I know you have not read such things in a Good Bible Translation, but maybe in a "Paraphrase" Book. Which many think that a "Paraphrase Bible" is the Word of GOD. But it is not, it is a "Paraphrase Book"! of a opinion what they think GOD is saying. and most Translations are not word for word translation of the "Original Copied Text" but are words to convene a culture thought pattern. Jesus had be)en Dead and Gone, for almost 25 years before the word Christian was even coined. It was not even coined, When the "Gospel was written" in about 55-57 AD. and the word "Church" was not used as a house of God for the congregation of Believers until the about the 16 century. As recorded in the AV 1611. Demanded by the "RCC" church! In order to establish more authority over its members.

These things are "public Knowledge" and was not done in a corner! It is laid bare for "the worker who need not to be ashamed, but rightly dividing the Word of Truth" No doubt studying "the Truth" is hard work. Because deception is around every corner, to discourage us and lead us astray.

(2 Tim. 2)BSB.
"Remind the believers of these things, charging them before God to avoid quarreling over words, which succeeds only in leading the listeners to ruin. Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth. But avoid irreverent, empty chatter, which will only lead to more ungodliness,…"

Loyal
And God has never, neither have Jesus has ever "spoken" the word church out of His mouth! or by "divine revelation"!

Matt 16:18; "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Matt 18:17; "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Rev 2:1; "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this:
Rev 2:8; "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:
Rev 2:12; "And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this:
Rev 2:18; "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this:
Rev 3:1; "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, says this: 'I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Rev 3:7; "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this:
Rev 3:14; "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:

ekklēsia
ek-klay-see'-ah
From a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out, that is, (concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): - assembly, church.
Total KJV occurrences: 115

Loyal
No one is "good", however....

Matt 5:45; so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Matt 7:17; "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.

Matt 12:35; "The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil.
Matt 13:8; "And others fell on the good soil and *yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty.
Matt 22:10; "Those slaves went out into the streets and gathered together all they found, both evil and good; and the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests.
Matt 25:21; "His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'
Matt 25:23; "His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'

Luke 6:45; "The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.
Acts 11:24; for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord.

Loyal
Matt 16:18; "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Matt 18:17; "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Rev 2:1; "To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: The One who holds the seven stars in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands, says this:
Rev 2:8; "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:
Rev 2:12; "And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this:
Rev 2:18; "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: The Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet are like burnished bronze, says this:
Rev 3:1; "To the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars, says this: 'I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Rev 3:7; "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: He who is holy, who is true, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this:
Rev 3:14; "To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God, says this:

ekklēsia
ek-klay-see'-ah
From a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out, that is, (concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): - assembly, church.
Total KJV occurrences: 115
LOL, that is a translation and not the words of GOD. and Revelation was written around 95 AD. Jesus had been dead and gone to heaven about 60 years prior. The word "ἐκκλησίας (ekklēsias) { The called out ones] never meant "church" the definition was "Highjack" into meaning "church" by the "RCC" in the making of The "AV" aka "KJV". The devil is a great deceiver! skilled in making lies that are acceptable to "Christians". "Etymology" of words.

And since i have been on "TALK JESUS" most christian hate i bring up that "Truth" and they failed to take on the garments of "The Bereans", to see if the things i have spoken are true. Either, one must be lazy or they do not care to Know the Truth in Gods WORD. But they rather "sop up" soup from another's bowl, than make their own soup, from their own scrapping. Copying others materials and calling it "Research" not even knowing, have they relied upon a "Reliable Source" and not realizing it is only "Plagiarism" not realizing they are only hurting themselves and the ones whom they love. and building upon sinking sand. And using "untempered mortar". That will not stand the test.

I have explain this time after time, many have refused to even want to know the Truth. for the Word of Of God is true: "Men Loves darkness rather than Light" "By their actions you will know them."

(Ezekiel 13)KJV
"Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD. "And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD. Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter: Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it. Lo, when the wall is fallen, shall it not be said unto you, Where is the daubing wherewith ye have daubed it? Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even rend it with a stormy wind in my fury; and there shall be an overflowing shower in mine anger, and great hailstones in my fury to consume it. So will I break down the wall that ye have daubed with untempered morter, and bring it down to the ground, so that the foundation thereof shall be discovered, and it shall fall, and ye shall be consumed in the midst thereof: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. Thus will I accomplish my wrath upon the wall, and upon them that have daubed it with untempered morter, and will say unto you, The wall is no more, neither they that daubed it; To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD."

God's WORD is no Joke and to be played with as we please! Every bit of it. And as sure as the SUN comes up in the Mornings, the day will come, All are going to find out every bit of GOD's WORD is going to come to pass and the whole world will not need a "Interpreter". " All are Going to KNOW that the WORD of GOD is True! For all will know that He is GOD! and many will not be smiling both young and old! For men and women will fear! Knee's are going to weak as water! Walking around here, talking about you don't fear GOD, You will!:eyes:

We will find out what real perfect Love is.:worried: in living color. Many are going to want to hide, and there will not be a hiding palace. And Pastor Givemore ain't going to be able to help you! On that day, every man and woman and child are on their own! "Train up a child in a way it should Go" "remember thy Creator in the days of thy youth" and "...etc.

"Now lay me down to sleep, I pray the LORD my soul to Keep", If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take."
a lot of Mothers think more of vacations and careers than the salvation of their own children in these days! they take it for granted, until death strikes at the door, then they express how their children, all are in heaven. And most are not spending the time praying for the salvation of their love ones. Neither is in the slavery of prayer concerning their own spouses. but labor in prayer for another woman's husband. Mankind is evil, big time! pertaining to the things of GOD.
My wife have caught me in the quest room or my daughters room in the wee hours of the night or the early mornings of the day. She would hear me, and wake up and come into room asking me what am I doing in there making all of that noise. My reply "I am praying for the Salvation of My Children." then she would walk out. And when my mother was alive i would get her on the phone and my concern was the salvation of my kids and i would cry and she would tell me'Chris it will be alright", and i would say but "Mama" she cried and I would cry. And when she pass away I remember telling my, wife i miss my mother and how we prayed "more for her children than her. Matter of fact i have never heard you pray for the salvation of your own children. But have heard you pray for the things of this world for them on occasions. she said not a word. But she is the Christian that goes to church every Sunday, and put big time money in the offering plate and birthdays and anniversary gifts to the pastor. Who belongs also to a greek Fraternity who worships a greek GOD, brotherhood to her "Greek Sorority" who worships also a greek Goddess name "Minerva' the Goddess of wisdom. founded on Christianity Principles:eyes: I have read the "oath", the covenant they have with one another. the membership is consists of all religions of all kinds, islam, Jehovah witnesses, witchcraft groups, women Isis. The songs they sing in private in their song books are taken from Christian Hymns and replace Jesus name with the name of their "sorority" whom they draw all their wisdom from, and have made a covenant that will go on into eternal life with one another. these people are professional people lawyers doctors, Ceo's, Dentist, judges, Mayors, State Representatives. Female Pastors , news casters, they can go to the white house and meet with the president any time. These are considered out standing members of the church. though out the united states of America. for it is their country, and it is not wrong for them to be. for they pay taxes and they are outstanding community leaders and good church members.

I have said enough, and i will not say no more. i have been on this journey for over 44 years and in "Theological Studies" and I don;'t mean sunday school or Wednesday night bible classes. But did those in my earlier years of church going and have taught both classes and song in choirs and have directed mens choir and the main choir. for a few years. And have song in schools choirs throughout maybe 4th grade clear into 12th grade in High school. "Sacred heart music" so in other words i do read musical notes. Reading notes became a way of life! the 1st music choir teacher we had in elementary would beat the boys knuckles with a wooden thick stick, if you didn't sing that note right! LOL, she was pretty too, but mean as a heck! And the world wonder why Detroit, Mich had the "Motown Sound! i went to same school that "Aretha Franklin" and the Temptations, We could walk down to "Motown USA"! We had talent shows in the schools, many went on to profession singing. I could have been in the group called "The Dramatics" that do shows in Las Vegas , but i knew my daddy would have killed me. There was some uncanny things that was going on in the entertainment business. And I knew my daddy would have killed me!

My daddy had hand hands and a fist if he showed it to a man, the man would faint! And I have big hands but not like my daddy and Grandfather, My Grandfather had to dunk when he walked through a door, My Father and Grandfather both worn size 13 shoe, One of My uncles could hit a wooden light pole with His fist and make the light shake. when they was teenagers they could carry a 200 lb block ice on their shoulders and climb a flight of stairs. I have pictures to prove it. For done of them was fat, pure muscle. For my Grandfather own His own business even through the great depression. Coal and OIL business and Ice business with trucks ice, coal and coal oil. and owned 7 houses. big ones. Daddy never had to pay a days rent in his life. But he was not perfect by a long shot! they had to much money.

My mother grew up poor, but they did own 40 acres and horse, poverty came because my mother's father die when she was very young in the south. and there was 6 girls and one boy. but they kept the land. they planted and raise hogs, cows, chickens and Geese, and shot rabbits and squirrels. and at that place is where I first learn how to ride a mule! and Hunt "Water Moccasins" with a shot gun! and go "skinny dipping" in the pond among the snakes as a kid. LOL!

Shalom