• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Beginning of Sorrows 2016 truthfilm777

Staff Member
Thank-you for sharing brother @Waggles

As I watched it I made some notes. Don't know if I'll share them or not ;) They were minor as it pertains to the overall theme being presented.

End of times! Either we are in the end of times are very well near them. The signs are surely there for it to be so. Yet am I troubled? Yes, but only for how many yet who continue to turn away from God and His Saving Grace through the Lord Jesus Christ.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, [you are] blessed. "And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled." 1 Peter 3;14

I also fear for those who are being deceived into believing the serpent words that takes them away from the truth that is in the Word of God. Scripture says it well for those in these days "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, [because] they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;" 2 Timothy 4:3

The times are troubling that we live in and with due diligence to our tasks. We are to be faithful. Now we may not actual experience the Return of the Lord in which we look and long for. For who is promised to see tomorrow? Yet our Hope is in the Lord Jesus Christ and none other.

Once again brother. Thank-you for sharing.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
Prophecy is being fulfilled. Amen. The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Glory be to God. Make certain the light which be in us, be not darkness. The plagues and heat coming upon this earth will not harm is. Amen. If we truly grieve for the lost, light your candle and allow God to be glorified in you; for when we do, we glory in Him. Amen. God bless us all.

Loyal
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
1:20 Wisdom cries without; she utters her voice in the streets:
1:21 She cries in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she utters her words, saying,
1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes;
1:27 When your fear comes as desolation, and your destruction comes as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish comes upon you.
1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
1:33 But whoso hearkens unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
8:34 Blessed is the man that hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
8:35 For whoso finds me finds life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.
8:36 But he that sins against me wrongs his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Malachi 4:1 For, behold, the day comes, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble:
and the day that come shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Active
We all know we are in the last days. We don't need a YouTube video from one man of one man's opinion lacing it with images of godly people who are being slandered as false, and fomenting fear in people. Use some discernment.

Read the word. Know the Word.

Staff Member
Dear Sister @Ophel ,

Sometimes we are so isolated from what is really going on around the world that....let me use the analogy of "Can't see the forest for the trees". Graphic they are, even to an old military man, but no less a reality. There are even worse examples out there that could have been used. Not justifying, but just glad that they were not.

The history of man and what they have done to each other is not pretty. Not everyone who knows the Lord as their Savior understands that this is a battle that is being fought and though the victory has been won through Christ Jesus. There are still atrocities that await the world as we get closer to our Lords return.

I do agree with you in part. Maybe, a warning with the post would be appropriate for this post. What say you @Waggles ? maybe something like "WARNING" "Some images might be upsetting."

Thank-you for bringing it up sister.
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
Upsetting? I am not worried about being upset. I am talking about the off-hand use of criticism of the people of God for one's own self-aggrandizement. Maybe the video has a few good points, but it is all a jumble of one man's denunciation of people who are actually out fulfilling the call of God. Take them out of the video and it would be a wise move.

A little leaven spoils the whole lump...right? Right.

Staff Member
@Ophel

Dear Sister I do not believe that "everyone" is being condemned in this. Yet prophecy does cover wide swats of humanity in its application.

This little film critiques many and hopefully convicts the spirit of many more to be active and about the tasks that our Lord has set for us to do. These are not the ones that this is meant for. This is for those, who fill the pews of those wolves who truly are deceiving people in believing that all they have to do is attach themselves to some church ministry, buy their book, DVD's etc. and regardless of what is being taught in the pulpit its okay because they know exactly what God wants them to do. It is also for those in positions of authority which is God given and makes them responsible for the decisions they make. Are they adhering to the word of God first and foremost and seeking guidance from the Most High in making decisions? or are they bowing to the pressures of what the world wants of them?

Some might have issue with certain people shown in the film. If this is the case then question @Waggles concerning the use of this person or that person. He should be able to present evidence that shows them as being wolves or whatever the accusation/implication happens to be.

As far using "leaven" example. Don't you believe that the "leaven" has already entered into the church and this but a warning to those in the "lump" of its existence? Should this be true as you have stated that "a little leaven spoils the whole lump" then does that mean that it is too late for the church (buildings/denominations) who have allowed the apostasy or inaction by not addressing the issue presented here the real problem? Is there no hope to be found for them?

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth. 1 Corinthians 5:7-8

This might be only one person involved in this, I do not know, but the points being made are not without validity and are shared by more then this man. Truly, it is not the number of people whether many or few that make the issue valid and open to review. It's putting the actions of the church against scripture and seeing what kind of church/shepherds we have leading us.

So if this film it is not apostasy in and of itself, but rather presenting a view that is not without merit. Then as a whole,might it not provide further motivation for those who are sitting on the fences or the very pews of some of these churches to decide on who they will serve? Make the changes that will put them back on the path that God desires for the church and His people?

If as you have stated it is the last days. Then what is presented in this film is ongoing and to be expected. My hope is not with or even in the messengers of His message. It is Christ Jesus alone that gives me my Hope! A hope that even though the labourers may be few and the harvest great. As it says in Luke 10:2 "....pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest." For truly the time grows shorter each day that passes. Yet, pray that the labourers increase and that the message is the only truth which is the Word of God.

I know your concern and that is why I watched it closely taking notes. I cannot speak of those who were presented as "wolves", but if you know something to be not true. Then surely Waggles will be able to research those who have made this film and see what references they used to make any of the claims associating this person or that person with such an activity and present them to you or anyone else who has questions.

I still await a response from @Waggles on putting a "warning" on this, but we shall see if you or someone else address specific issues with him and how he might respond to them.

YBIC
C4E
<><

Loyal
What say you @Waggles ? maybe something like "WARNING" "Some images might be upsetting."
I am sure there is a warning at the beginning of the video itself.
However IMO I did not find any content worse than the evening news broadcasts and movies that portray war and violence.
IMO people need to be shaken out of their comfort zones, and challenged. Christianity in the West I fear is very much about prosperity and lifestyle blessings.
Also I am am pretty sure that this video is aimed at both "believers" and non-believers.
Did anyone read the scriptures I posted in post # 4 - they are graphic warnings on the failures of peoples to seek and submit to the gospel. Like the video there are
dire warnings as to consequences.

1Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

When Kenneth Copeland can become a billionaire (yes, a billionaire) from his ministries, and Benny Hinn is not far behind. Something is really rotten in Denmark
(as Shakespeare would say).
The gospel is not about getting rich through Amway or Tupperware or Hillsong or your "love gifts."
Christians in the West need a good kick up the backside before it is to late to repent and fill up one's lamp with oil.

Active
We don't need defamatory videos to speak for us. Better we say what we ourselves think and believe than to leave it to the influence of nameless others with their own peculiar agendas.

Loyal
@Ophel
Matthew 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

Active
@Ophel
Matthew 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom comes; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man comes.

Excellent. Make sure you are among those who have the oil of the Holy Spirit, and are ready, so that when the Bridegroom calls, you will rise to meet Him.

Loyal
Excellent. Make sure you are among those who have the oil of the Holy Spirit, and are ready, so that when the Bridegroom calls, you will rise to meet Him.
I believe that the producer of this video is attempting to do just that - a wake up call to so many many Christians settled in their comfort zones and coasting along.
Simply having confidence that they are saved because of their choice of Church/ministry.

Active
Calling good people of God, sent by God, who are busy doing what God has called them to wolves is a wolf speaking. That detail alone tells me much about the character of one whop pieced together a motley bunch of bits and pieces, some bits speaking truth and others ignorantly denouncing anointed people of God.

Staff Member
I am sure there is a warning at the beginning of the video itself.
However IMO I did not find any content worse than the evening news broadcasts and movies that portray war and violence.
IMO people need to be shaken out of their comfort zones, and challenged. Christianity in the West I fear is very much about prosperity and lifestyle blessings.
Also I am am pretty sure that this video is aimed at both "believers" and non-believers.
Did anyone read the scriptures I posted in post # 4 - they are graphic warnings on the failures of peoples to seek and submit to the gospel. Like the video there are
dire warnings as to consequences.

That might be true that worse can be found on broadcasts, movies and probably online as well. However, we are not those type of places. This is a Christian Community that the majority of the individuals who come here, already know the darker side of humanity. For we all have experienced it in one fashion or another. Talk Jesus is not a place to hide, but rather a way station/place of learning/home away from home if you will. That will allow believers and those who are seekers to find what they are unable to find elsewhere and some respite from that darkness. Fellowship, prayer, truth, compassion, and most especially the Love of Christ with the hope that they will grow in Him while walking as He walked is sought here as well.

When Kenneth Copeland can become a billionaire (yes, a billionaire) from his ministries, and Benny Hinn is not far behind. Something is really rotten in Denmark
(as Shakespeare would say).
The gospel is not about getting rich through Amway or Tupperware or Hillsong or your "love gifts."
Christians in the West need a good kick up the backside before it is to late to repent and fill up one's lamp with oil.

What you have said is true. You will find people here who at one time or another were even part of these ministries and have posted as such their experiences. You must understand that if you are to present something that is negative to someone in the ministry. Be prepared to provide supportive documentation showing the deception.

Just saying that they are wolves without providing the supportive documentation won't move those you are seeking to affect with this knowledge. For we all know that all can be accused wrongly. Just as our Lord was and I'm sure many here as well can tell of instances in their own lives that they have been accused for their faith.

So present your case. It will be heard, listened to, and either it will be accepted or it won't. If they change. Give the Glory to God and Praise His Holy name. If they don't, then pray and pray some more for them. Never give up on them. For we know that we have One who hears our prayers and will make intercession for us.

Just remember that if it were possible to save someone by "kicking them up the backside". There would be a lot more pews/chairs made with cushions on them.

YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
Calling good people of God, sent by God, who are busy doing what God has called them to wolves is a wolf speaking. That detail alone tells me much about the character of one who has pieced together a motley bunch of bits and pieces, some bits speaking truth and others ignorantly denouncing anointed people of God. It is unwise and I believe it is a dreadful sin to malign others. The video producer's conscience may not be bothering him because he is ignorant of his sin, but I pray to God that Holy Spirit gets hold of him, for he is pandering to those who lack discernment and hide behind gossip as a form of warning. God will definitely be judging that fruitless endeavour.