• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Beauty of Rest

Hebrews 4:10-11 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. (NIV)

Are you well rested? We can enter marathons of work, projects and even emotional hardships. You may feel invincible at times and take on more than your body can handle. But remember that God made us in His image and we should rest just like He did. Firmly set aside a day or two after any intense period of work to replenish yourself.

Staff Member
Dear Sister @Chil

I would add to the very last sentence the following:
.......and spend time with Him!

Appreciate the reminder! :thumbsup:
YBIC
C4E
<><

Active
Hebrews 4:10-11 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from His. (NIV)

Are you well rested? We can enter marathons of work, projects and even emotional hardships. You may feel invincible at times and take on more than your body can handle. But remember that God made us in His image and we should rest just like He did. Firmly set aside a day or two after any intense period of work to replenish yourself.

Amen!

Far too many Christians burn the candle at both ends...like the world does, and forget about taking the time to spend valuable time just resting in God, spending time with Him alone. I am guilty of that, especially as I don't work, and so every day just blends into the next. My Father deserves a day devoted just to Him.