• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

The Beatitudes

I have been studying The Beatitudes today and I feel it is what we need to live by in order to truly enter Heaven. What does everyone else think?

I have been studying The Beatitudes today and I feel it is what we need to live by in order to truly enter Heaven. What does everyone else think?

You are right! Jesus said that such things are needed so as to enter the kingdom of heaven (Mt. 5:20).

Surprising to some, this means we should obey even the smallest of Torah commands (Mt. 5:19), and teach others to do the same, so as to be great in that forthcoming kingdom.

Administrator
Staff Member
I moved this to bible chat from introductions forums since it’s not related to member introductions.

You are right! Jesus said that such things are needed so as to enter the kingdom of heaven (Mt. 5:20).

Surprising to some, this means we should obey even the smallest of Torah commands (Mt. 5:19), and teach others to do the same, so as to be great in that forthcoming kingdom.
Thank you so much! So what would you say this denomination is that believes this? I consider myself non denominational I suppose but I am a new Christian. I pray one day there won’t be denominations and just every single person in this world will believe in Jesus fully and truly

The beatitudes go beyond behavior. The speak of personality. For example:

Humble. (Matt 5:3)

Meek. (Matt 5:5)

Kind hearted. (Matt 5:7)

Peaceable. (Matt 5:9)

Can the leopard change its spots? No, it can't. In other words; a leopard cannot become a cougar by acting like a cougar because inwardly it has the nature of a leopard..

The same goes for a hellish person. They cannot become heavenly by acting heavenly because inwardly they have the nature of a hellish person.

In my judicious estimation; Christ's teachings are not to be admired-- no --they're to be feared; especially by people where in heaven, they would be a fish out of water. They might be able to maintain a measure of civility for a while, but sooner or later their true selves would come roaring to life.

The only viable solution to this problem is a change of nature because a change of skin does nothing to change the person. A change of skin is sort of like painting wood in hopes that will equip it to stand up to abuse like iron.
_

Last edited:
Thank you so much! So what would you say this denomination is that believes this? I consider myself non denominational I suppose but I am a new Christian. I pray one day there won’t be denominations and just every single person in this world will believe in Jesus fully and truly

Welcome to the Christian family! Even though we sometimes appear to disagree all the time....the true Christians among us actually have
a deep and abiding love for one another, even though we still often disagree!

But, I appreciate your desires...and I agree with you so much! I also wish we would all reach unity in faith and in knowledge....but it's a growth process....so I suppose
we are all at different places in our journey.

And your prayer WILL be answered! Jesus prayed for unity (in John 17), and His prayers will surely be answered too.

I would say that, unfortunately, the theology and practice of the Christian churches has drifted (over the past 1800 or so years) away from full obedience to all
commands in Torah.

Sure, it started out with full obedience, but power, and influence, and pride, and unintentional misinformation, etc., got in the way, and especially since Constantine, the churches have been rather confused about
some important issues, even though they are generally correct about lots of other things.

Well, that's why I like to call myself the "bibleguy", because if we simply get back to what the Bible says, then everything else should eventually work out.

But back to your question: I don't know a particular denomination that is perfect (sadly!) Some are better, others are worse, a few are REALLY bad!

You might consider listening to specific teachers like J. K. McKee, Tim Hegg, Mark Biltz, Bill Cloud, etc. These guys are not a "denomination", but they are generally on the same
page regarding our need, as Christians, to obey all portions of God's law.

McKee and Hegg are much more scholarly (maybe too much for beginners!), and Biltz and Cloud are perhaps easier to digest, when getting started.

Let the Lord be your guide....and test everything according to the Scriptures.

And, be sure to use your specific areas of gifted-ness to help others along the way.

Hope this helps!

bibleguy