• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Thankful Every Day

Staff Member
You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture. You are my people, and I am your God. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!" Ezekiel 34:31 NLT
For several decades after the end of the Revolutionary War, many Americans celebrated a day of thanksgiving. The date of this celebration depended on, among other things, which state you lived in. But on December 26, 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed a joint resolution of Congress establishing the fourth Thursday in November as the national Thanksgiving Day.

For the Christian, Thanksgiving should be more than a gathering of family for a huge feast—and a few football games. It should be a day that reminds him to express his gratitude for God’s blessings, favor, and protection.

Today’s verse, though it was written hundreds of years before Jesus came to earth, is a reminder of the most important thing for which we can give thanks every day. It shows us how much God, the heavenly Shepherd, values His people and how committed He is to caring for them.

As you offer thanks to God today and every day, why not start with, “Thank You, Lord, that You are my God!”

Prayer: Loving heavenly Father, thank You for being my God and for caring for me in every way. May You always bring me back to You when I wander even the shortest distance from You.