• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Thank you God

Thank you God: for your good knowledge, understanding and wisdom. The devil is mad because I'm solid in all the above.

Solid? I believe there is only one man who could ever have boasted of that, and its not you brother lol. Theres only one possible reason you could say such a thing...you are young and have`nt had enough trials yet to humble you, but if you are truly a follower of Christ, it will come.

Be careful of what you boast in brother, you put yourself on that kind of pedestal, it can only result in you falling flat on your face...because you put yourself on Gods resistance list. (not the devils)

Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resists the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Jam 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Hi Charity.

Sounds like you have great love for the Lord and you have been given alot of confidence, Praise God, but as a friend, I would say be careful and keep it in check.
The devil is lurking around the back door all the time, just waiting for us to slip up.

your friend in Christ:love:
Heather

Last edited:
I should be quite to such negative comments but one thing to say only one:

ISAIAH 54:17 KJV NO WEAPON THAT IS FORMED AGAINST THEE SHALL PROSPER; AND EVERY, TONGUE THAT SHALL RISE AGAINST THEE IN JUDGMENT THOU SHALT CONDEMN.

And my prayers to God for you is that you also become SOLID IN THE KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM OF OUR GOD, AMEN.:love:

Thank you God for as I continue to stay in the GOOD BOOK OF THE SEED OF LIFE: and your'e making me even more solid in all KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM. The enemy is mad yes his is. He is a defeated in the name of JESUS.

Hi Charity, not my intention to be negative, And thank you for your prayer.

Peace and Love
Your friend in Christ
Heather

Last edited:
charity777, I think you should reconsider your posts on this thread, this is TalkJesus,not talkcharity777.
1Corinthians 8:1-3
1*Now let’s talk about food that has been sacrificed to idols. You think that everyone should agree with your perfect knowledge. While knowledge may make us feel important, it is love that really builds up the church. 2*Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. 3*But the person who loves God is the one God knows and cares for.

1Corinthians 10:12&13
12 If you think you are standing strong, be careful, for you, too, may fall into the same sin. 13*But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can’t stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.

James3:13-17
13*Look here, you people who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14*How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15*What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16*Otherwise you will be boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.
17*Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

Administrator
Staff Member
I agree with jiggy.

This is about Jesus alone, not about us boasting about how solid we are.

Charity, apparently you consider anyone who tells you the truth your enemy, but I had hoped to make you see you are lifting yourself up, and you should know (having self-proclaimed knowledge of the Book) that the God who authored that Bookhates pride.

"I CAST OUT DEVILS, AND I DO CURES AND I FEED THE POOR, AND I PREACH. I'm solid."

Who are you lifting up?

gee

Hi all,

I want to make sure that nobody gets hurt in these things. After reading these posts, i took a moment to see my life... It was a typical life of SELF. I never considered how I came to Christ. But all i thought about was : How good i should have been, that Christ himself chose me!

While these thoughts were in my mind, another sound echoed : "God is able to raise up children from these stones". God can create children from stones and would never ever need a proud man like me. Then I knew that Christ didnt choose me because I was so good, but out of His sheer grace.

His grace, is what keeps me going. Now I know that nothing of SELF can please God. Its "Christ in ME, who can ALONE please God".

But charity777, I tell you, it really took me years to learn this. I faced real problems, tough ones. It was when I tried on MY OWN to defeat those problems, i learnt that I am not enough.

Don't worry. It is God who takes care of you. Somebody may really hurt you. Dont feel. Be ready to forgive him as Christ was there to forgive you.

I also tell you : Don't think that only by hard experience, you can learn about Jesus. Its not His will that you should learn by hard ways. Be tender and try to walk in His ways. Always, Jesus is with you.

Administrator
Staff Member
I removed charity's signature of pride. Pride is not welcomed here. It is not about "I this, I that, I, me, I". Its about Jesus Christ.