• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Tested by fire

Loyal
I recently started another thread "The fleece test". So why start yet another thread about testing?
That first thread was about us testing God.

I think [USER]@Brad Huber[/USER] was right in saying we shouldn't go around testing God.
But this thread is flipped... it's about God testing us.

While perhaps we shouldn't test God... there is certainly no verse that says God doesn't test us.
In fact, quite the contrary.

Gen 22:1; Now it came about after these things, that God tested Abraham, and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am."

Prov 27:21; The crucible is for silver and the furnace for gold, And each is tested by the praise accorded him.

You don't hear about crucible's anymore. I have watched silver pendants be made in a crucible.

Isa 48:10; "Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Does God "put us through the fire" sometimes in order to test us. It seems He does.

Zech 13:9; "And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, 'They are My people,' And they will say, 'The LORD is my God.'"

Now of course all these verses are in the old testament, does God still test us in the new testament?

1 Pet 1:7; so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Heb 11:17; By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son;

Rev 2:10; 'Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Why does God test us?

Jas 1:2; Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
Jas 1:3; knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
Jas 1:4; And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

1 Pet 1:6; In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,
1 Pet 1:7; so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Could we even stand before the Lord without this "testing"?

Mal 3:2; "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap.

Psa 66:10 ; For You have tried us, O God; You have refined us as silver is refined.

Dan 12:10; "Many will be purged, purified and refined, but the wicked will act wickedly; and none of the wicked will understand, but those who have insight will understand.

Loyal
With all this in mind, it seems logical God would allow some Christians to go through (at least part) of the tribulation.

Loyal
With all this in mind, it seems logical God would allow some Christians to go through (at least part) of the tribulation.

you know I lean more to God allowing Christians to go through the whole tribulation and be protected from his wrath though, but still its going to be tough time. A time for purification, for character building a time for testing.

I really dont see the pre trib like so many claim, I used to beleive in it, but I just dont see it any longer, Jesus comes back a second time for the Resurrection, not a third time.