• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Tend Your Lamp

Staff Member
Outside the curtain that shields the ark of the covenant law in the tent of meeting, Aaron is to tend the lamps before the LORD from evening till morning, continually. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. Leviticus 24:3 NIV

In the early 500s, Benedict of Nursia went to Rome for educational purposes. After encountering a dark culture there, he fled to the forest. He ended up becoming a monk and an advocate for monastic life, believing that a peaceful, consistent, structured life helped to maintain the faith during the beginning of what is now known as the Dark Ages.

Benedict believed in monks taking a vow of stability, meaning they would stay in one monastery until their death. In a very real way, monks tended to the flame of the Christian faith during a dark period in human history.

Aaron was charged with tending the lamps in the tent of meeting from evening until morning. Revelation 1:12-20 refers to seven lamp stands that represent the seven churches that were to be lights in a dark world. The symbolism in both passages is hard to miss, isn’t it? Your church, your family, is called to be the light of the world, just as Jesus said in Matthew 5:14. Shine for Jesus.

Prayer: Lord, I live in a culture that is growing darker and darker. May I be as vigilant at tending my lamp as You called Aaron to be.

Loyal
The Lord just told me, to be courageous, for the lights shine the most bright when darkness deepens. Let us encourage others to gain lots of oil for their lamps, so that more light will be added.