• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Temptation

Administrator
Staff Member
As the Union Pacific Railroad was being constructed, an elaborate trestle bridge was built across a large canyon in the West.

Wanting to test the bridge, the builder loaded a train with enough extra cars and equipment to double its normal payload. The train then was driven to the middle of the bridge, where it stayed an entire day.

One worker asked, "Are you trying to break this bridge?"

"No," the builder replied, "I'm trying to prove the bridge won't break."

In the same way, the temptations Jesus faced weren't designed to see if He would sin, but to prove He couldn't.
(Today in the Word, 3-14-91)

Illustration: Temptation - Online Bible Study Tools

I LOVE this!

When God places more on your shoulders than it seems you can bear...He is not trying to break you...Lord your ways are glorious !

Staff Member
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in Him
Lamentations 3:22-24

Praise the Lord for His perfect ways.....He couldnt ever sin Amen!!!

And He holds us through all our trials and shapes us

Makes me think of a Bily Graham snippet I read:

I have a friend who lost his job, a fortune, his wife, and his home. But he tenaciously held to his faith - the only thing he had left. One day he stopped to watch some men doing stonework on a huge church. One of them was chiselling out a triangular piece of stone.

What are you going to do with that? asked my friend.

The workman said, 'See that little opening away up there near the spire? Well I'm shaping this down here so it will fit in up there'

Tears filled my friends eyes as he walked away, for it seemed that God had spoken through the workman to explain the ordeal through which he was passing, ...Im shaping you down here so you'll fit in up there'

Thank you for these reminders.
Faith that isn't stretched, tested, and examined have no earthly or heavenly use.
Problem is, we tend to focus on the worry and miss the little blessings that God gave us even in the midst of trials.

James 1:12-14 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, " I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.

1cor. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to handle, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Praise God that He always provides us away of escape from the temptations that come against us so that we may be able to bear it and know that with our Lord Jesus Christ that we only need to turn to Him and He will bring us forth from that temptation whatever it is as long as we put Him first instead of ourselves and our own desires. He is sooooooo good to us and I am so thankful that He is always with me each and every day and that He is unchanging, unmovable, unshakeable and yet He is the God that also loved me so much He gave part of Himself in the form of His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross so I could be washed in His precious blood and forgiven and reconciled to Him. Thank you for this precious gift you have given me which is life eternal in heaven with you Lord Jesus!

thank you for sharing this chad it was really good.

In the Garden of Gesthemane Jeus, in the face of unthinkable pain, took His attention off of Himself and put it on the Father. That's our challenge - God first, us second.

SLE

Are you suggesting that it was entirely impossible for Jesus to sin?
Why exactly would Jesus want to prove that he couldn't sin?

Loyal
Are you suggesting that it was entirely impossible for Jesus to sin?
Why exactly would Jesus want to prove that he couldn't sin?

I gathered just the opposite, it was possible for him to sin. He was tempted. But he didn't sin.
Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus being sinless is a major doctrine.
1. Offerings were supposed to be as pure as possible in the cleanest circumstances as possible by a human man (priest) who himself was as clean as possible.
However these men were still human, and they still sinned from time to time, so they couldn't really offer up a perfect spotless sacrifice.
Heb 7:26 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens;
Heb 7:27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.
Heb 7:28 For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.

These sacrificial animals were supposed to be without blemish, no spots, no sickness, not a crippled or aged animal.
Heb 9:11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation;
Heb 9:12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,
Heb 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb 9:15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Now if the wages of sin is death, and Jesus would have sinned, death would have had power of him (Rom 6:23);
But because he never sinned, death had no power over him, and his blood was the perfect sacrifice..
Heb 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
Heb 9:23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
Heb 9:24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Heb 10:19 Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus,

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--
Rom 5:13 for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
Rom 5:15 But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.
Rom 5:16 The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
Rom 5:18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.
Rom 5:19 For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Rom 6:6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;
Rom 6:7 for he who has died is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
Rom 6:9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.
Rom 6:10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.

If Jesus would have sinned, he could not have been a perfect sacrifice, also death would have had power over him, and he wouldn't have risen again.
If he didn't rise again, neither will the rest of us.

1 Cor 15:13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;
1 Cor 15:14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain.
1 Cor 15:15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised.
1 Cor 15:16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised;
1 Cor 15:17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

Last edited: