• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Staff Member
Dear friends, I warn you as "temporary residents and foreigners" to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. 1 Peter 2:11 NLT

You live in a town or maybe the country. The road outside can be identified by those who visit. You have items in your home that may be heirlooms passed on by loved relatives. You can trace your history for generations. You might have children, guaranteeing that your family name will live on.

Sometimes these facts cause us to forget our lives here are little more than a vacation on our way home. If you think you're here for a long time, you begin to trust your temporary home as the sum total of your existence. When you think of "home," is it a house on the road with your stuff inside?

God wants heaven to be the place you think of when you think of home. Someday God will bring His family home, and then you'll understand why making yourself cozy here was a shortsighted decision. Trust that heaven is your home. Trust that the best you'll find here is temporary housing.

Prayer: Dear God, there are days when I think I'd like to stay here. You've created some absolutely beautiful places to visit. I can only imagine what my real home looks like. Keep me focused on Your forever dwelling, as well as the plans You have for me in the here and now.