• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

'TEMPLE AUDIT'

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

‘TEMPLE AUDIT’

In the beginning there were no churches; it was simply a relationship between God and Man, and another relationship between Adam and Eve. I started writing to share with others about what I have discovered through my relationship with God and to bring about new relationships with others. I don’t know everything, actually I know very little, but I believe it is important to have a community with others to sharpen our swords. My blog is called, YODHEYWRITER; Yod and Hey are two Hebrew letters that spell the word: ‘chai’ which means ‘life’. The letter ‘yod’ itself means ‘hand’ and the letter ‘hey’ means ‘revelation’, so life means the hand that brings revelation. Yod and Hey are also the first two letters that make up the ancient name of God, Yod Hey Vav Hey; which makes sense because all life flows from God. So I pray that life happens with all of us; that we all have the ultimate revelation that Yeshua is Lord of all and that we allow our lives to flow with God’s will.

Over the past few years I have been to many different churches, under many different denominations. I have seen too many people that stop believing in God due to churches. Churches, religion, and denominations are evil. Yep I said it; it’s evil. My dad always proposed a theory about the three sixes that numbered the devil. The number six can be correlated directly with man, after all we were created on the sixth day. My dad asks rhetorically, “What are three things that no matter who you are or where you live you are constantly forced to operate within?” He responds with, “Government, Money and Religion.” These three things are manmade and they are evil.

Divide and conquer is a major device that the enemy uses against us, if we were one people with one God then the enemy would have trouble harming us. However, over the course of man’s existence we have continued to divide ourselves over the most absurd reasons. I have seen people divide due to the kind of music or instruments that people want to play in congregations. People have divided themselves over issues like the Trinity, or the Sabbath day, or what we should wear to church. We see more divisions occur on what name we should call God, or if we should wash our hands before we eat, or should we pray after or before the meal. Jeremiah 23:1, “Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.” This is serious stuff!

I am so tired of churches adding and taking away from the scripture. I am so tired of pastors that care more about how much they know than caring about how much love and compassion we should have towards each other. I am so tired of pastors that are more worried about the number of views or attendees they get than the number of lives they have changed. I recently came into contact with a young man that lost his faith because of all the hate that he witnessed in his church throughout his life. I witnessed this same man try to come back to the church but was thrown to the curve because he made a mistake. This is scary! Ecclesiates 7:20, “Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.” Now we must all look in the mirror and ask our Father in Heaven to reveal our sin and then ask Him for forgiveness and then ask for the strength to overcome this sin in your life. Christians get a bad rep for being hypocritical, but we all make mistakes and we have all fallen short of the glory of God. I love the analogy I heard on the radio this past week though; hating a sinner for being Christian is like hating someone that’s an alcoholic for attending AA meetings. We are scum and God says, “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags,” Isaiah 64:6. Paul says he is the chief sinner! Paul who wrote the majority of the New Testament is the chief sinner? We are Christian not because we are perfect or holier than thou, but because we need God’s grace to have life! Without His hand bringing revelation to us then we will cease to exist.

One question we should all ask ourselves, especially pastors and churches, what is your motivation for what you do and do your actions align with that motivation? If we never audit our doctrines or motivations then we will stray from the narrow path. The devil is much smarter than all of us; the devil would never have us go 45 degrees off the path; instead he will have us go 1 degree off the path so that you will continue living your life in a manner that you believe is right, and it could take thousands of miles down the path before you realize that your off of it. When Jesus called Peter to walk on the water Peter had no problem with it until he took his eyes off Jesus; then he fell in the water. How often do we look down? How often does our motivation sway from pointing to our Lord and Savior Yeshua? 1 Corinthians 9:26, “Accordingly, I don’t run aimlessly but straight for the finish line; I don’t shadow-box but try to make every punch count.”

The 9th of Av was this past week. The 9th of Av is a mysterious and terrible day for God’s people. The first and second temple were both destroyed on this day. It is also said that this same day is the day that the spies returned back to camp to give a bad report about the land that God is giving to His people. Sin is the reason the temples were destroyed! Are we not the temple of God? 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, “Or don’t you know that your body is a temple for the Ruach HaKodesh who lives inside you, whom you received from God? The fact is, you don’t belong to yourselves; 20 for you were bought at a price. So use your bodies to glorify God.” This time of year reminds me who I am and who I belong to. We were all made in the image of God and we are all His children. After Antiochus Epiphanes desolated the temple by having unclean sacrifices on God’s altar, God’s people cleansed the temple and made it whole again. We too must inspect our lives and make it Holy and Clean. Matthew 5:48, “48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.”

I am truly worried for the people living in this age. We have become a confused people; we are beginning to not even know male from female any more. God is not the father of confusion, ‘1 Corinthians 14:33.’ Do you even know the difference between Holy and profane or clean and unclean? Ezekiel 44:23, “They are to teach my people the difference between holy and common and enable them to distinguish between clean and unclean.” My fear is that we are not teaching these things anymore and unfortunately Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.”

Quit looking for your pastor or church to provide you with knowledge. Quit relying on man to gain your salvation. Seek God with all your heart, pray without ceasing, never settle on where you are on your walk with God, and continue to grow your relationships with others. Keep your eyes on Christ and let all your decisions be aligned with that. I heard someone say, “When you pray you’re talking to God but when you read the bible He’s talking to you.” Start auditing your temple, and rededicate it to the God of the universe. Pray, study God’s Word, and remember two things: Love God and Love your Neighbor.

I pray that anything I have written that is not the will of God that it falls dead at your sight and does not bear bad fruit.

#ACTS17:11

Active
Do you live in america?

Just wondering. People arent even buried in churchyards there, they just pay money so the 'church' can build a bigger parking lot, 'live their best life now' and instead cremate everyone.

Sorry it seems Im bagging america but a lot of false doctrine is actually coming straight from there. Eg prosperity gospel, bible cults like mormons and jws. Darbyism.kkk. Adventists. Church of scientology!

You dont want to give up gathering with other believers but dont end up going to a gathering of believers in themselves. Some churches you go in and it looks like a nightclub. Flashing lights, a drumkit and dark curtains. I mean yes worship the Lord but hey what would happen if the electricity got cut off and you had to worship without your powerpoint presentation, microphone and guitar amp?

That is the question. Is your temple a house of prayer or a den of thieves. Are you making merchandise of the gospel or are you giving it away freely.

Active
I think pastors should actuallly pastor ie, look after the lambs instead of alwaya focussing on the kids. Its the lambs and sheep that Jesus said need to be fed, not the kids and goats.

Kids and goats wont be interested in the gospel. They will just take from it what they can get. While the lambs and sheep starve through lack of the word of God or its been mangled and twisted beyond recognition by false pastors wanting to attract goats and kids to swell their flock numbers.

Loyal
@YODHEYWRITER
We can audit ourselves and our churches and find nothing wrong because we are blind. Jesus spoke of "eyes to see" and "ears to hear", but he was NOT speaking of the natural organs of the human body. A man without God is dead and the dead cannot see and cannot hear. The carnal man who leads the way for most people [including many who habitually sit in pews once a week] is blind and deaf to the things of God so he cannot direct his own steps:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

But... God sent us a Director in the Holy Ghost. So many people, however, have no idea that there is a Holy Ghost... or if they do, they do not know what the Holy Ghost could be doing in their hearts:

"He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost." Acts 19:2

But what did Jesus say?

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

So should not the Holy Ghost be the answer to us when we seemingly have no one to properly direct us? Our answer is only in a church assembly if there is an anointed minister there who is being led by [directed by] the Holy Ghost instead of quenching the Holy Spirit, and we are paying attention and recognizing the voice of the Lord.

Active
Your post yodheywriter reminds me of the audits we are now doing at work.

What happens is someone who is not working in our gardens goes around auditing them to see if we are meeting a high standard. How this works is because if you are working in a garden you cant see your own blind spots...it takes someone who is not close to it to really see if you doing a good job.

The bible says we shouldnt commend ourselves but let others commend us.

I think with churches, many pastors like to boast of their ministries and numbers, but all this boasting is kind of in vain. They cant see the flaws in their own church gatherings because they have a vested interest in them. When Jesus did his audit of the seven churches in revelation, only two came up to his standard! And you notice it was never numbers that counted to Jesus, like he never said to sardis oh you are too small you must be failing as a church. No he was looking at their spiritual health and how faithful they were not how many people were in that church.

Active
Two things in response to this...
  1. There were two churches in Revelation that Jesus was pleased with. We often think that nobody and nothing we do is good enough for God. Yes, everything we do is tainted by sin, but God can still take pleasure in us.
  2. We often need someone else to help us see our failings and what we need to work on. That means that deep, honest and accountable relationships in our Christian communities are vital.