• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Talk Jesus Turns 10 Years Old!

Administrator
Staff Member
c3654dbc-41c2-482c-828f-95d0fd6a4cc5_zps514723e2.png

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TALK JESUS FORUMS!

On February 9th, 2004 TalkJesus.com began from a simple ignited passion on my heart by GOD to start an online Christian community as an outreach to people worldwide, both believers and unbelievers alike. The simple sole purpose has always been and always will be to edify the body of Christ and to reach the souls that have yet to receive Christ as Lord & Savior. We've been here to answer questions, pray together, share testimonies and naturally have discussions over various topics.

For sake of of keeping the community close knit and well organized as far as the member-base goes, I have a few times over the past 10 years pruned inactive members that although registered, never made a single post. As of now, we have over 9,000 members. Technically without any pruning, we would probably have well over 30,000 members.

MODERATORS:
To my past and present moderators, I want to personally thank you for your sacrificial efforts to support this ministry, the community for GOD's purpose and helping others grow spiritually as well. You are crucial to this community and I know I could not have done it without your support and kind hearts. I give you my gratitude and full appreciation for your volunteer work. You've never failed and have always respected my vision and my desire to make this the best Christian online community that can be found. A safe-haven also for those who have not yet believed in Christ but had questions to ask, and they came here freely and openly asking. You have shown support and honor for this community. Thank you sincerely and wholeheartedly!

MEMBERS:
I am glad you are here, and you are the reason why this site was created in the first place. It's about you, the body of Christ and "those seeking" as the motto goes. We love you, I love you and I'm honored to serve you and support you in your spiritual growth. Never a perfect man, but only a brother in Christ wanting to see souls saved and those saved, to grow intimately with Him. You are awesome and a blessing to our community. Thank you for being here, thank you for supporting the ministry and thank you for sharing it with others as well!

My goal also has been to have a community that is absolutely well laid out, feature rich, friendly, free of advertisement and clutter and simply an enriching, enjoyable place to be online. I continue to strive for this and continue to improve and refresh the site as much as the Lord enables me to. I'm honored to do this, I enjoy and love what I do and I'm humbled by His mercies to choose me to do what I've done the past 10 years. I've learned so much from everyone here, it's surreal. I've grown so much with the help of so many that I've opened up to and have been immeasurably blessed more than any "thank you" could express. But to say the least, THANK YOU ALL!

We push forth and continue the good race as Paul says. It all boils down to love, Jesus Christ and the hope/redemption we have in Him. No other name, no other place for salvation and eternal joy. Only Jesus.

Remember that what you do for GOD is never too small or too big. It's never insignificant.

1 Corinthians 12:12-31

Spiritual Gifts

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

One Body with Many Members

For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.

For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? But earnestly desire the higher gifts.
And I will show you a still more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Psalm 37:23-24
The steps of a man are established by the LORD, when he delights in his way 24 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand.

Isaiah 40:31
But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm 37:5
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.

In closing, thank You JESUS!

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Mini Survey / Testimonies...

• How has Talk Jesus changed your life?
  • Have you met or made new friends, pen-pals through this community?
  • Did you come to a relationship with Jesus through this community's support?
  • Do you find Talk Jesus to be a great place to seek help, prayer support and online fellowship?
  • Feel free to post your testimony here about how this community has helped you grow spiritually and more intimately with Jesus!

How has Talk Jesus changed your life?

Talk Jesus has been a blessing. I hope in this next year I am able to connect a little more and be more intentional regarding God's word and His will.

Have you met or made new friends, pen-pals through this community?

A few. I am sure that number will grow, but Talk Jesus is a community and you need to involve yourself if you want to reap the rewards. Again, hopefully I am able to invest more.

Did you come to a relationship with Jesus through this community's support?

No, that happened long before Talk Jesus.

Do you find Talk Jesus to be a great place to seek help, prayer support and online fellowship?

Most definitely. Talk Jesus has people. By that I mean everyone in different stages of their walk spiritually and their walk in life. There is usually someone you can relate to on any given topic.

Congratulations! I will pray for another fruitful Ten Years.

Active

RJ

I enjoy T.J. very much. Though I have left for some time now and then, I always come back. It is about the best website I know for talking to people about Jesus Christ. Thanks to Chad and all concerned that manage the site; I have seen wonderful improvements over the years. I have never seen so many different doctrines about different things; some pretty much "out there" but, I assume that T.J. is just just a snap-shot of who is on the internet.
Anyway it is a worthy ministry and keep up the great work.

Some years back God put an older, very wise in scripture man in my life that God used to minister to me greatly. This man told me that God told him "his voice would be heard round the world" and yet he was never a missonary nor did he travel around the world preaching. A good number of my posts has reflected "his voice" to me and some of the teachings as well. Even some of my recent posts. I was one of the four men who lowered my friends casket in the ground. I remember wearing a white suit(jacket) that day and everyone saying why did you wear white... its a funeral. But I knew deep down me and my friend was both wearing white that day. I wasnt honoring the dead that day but the living. I believe this website has made Gods promise to my friend ("your voice will be heard round the world") come true. Praise God!!!

How has Talk Jesus changed your life? This forum has been a blessing to me over the last 5 years. I can always come here with the assurance that the discussions will be pleasant, the people will be kind, and that Jesus will be glorified.

Did you come to a relationship with Jesus through this community's support? I come here to discuss Biblical topics and to minister to those who need edification or counsel. I find many of the regular members and the moderators are quite knowledgeable regarding the scriptures while still being loving and open enough not argue over debatable points of doctrine.

Do you find Talk Jesus to be a great place to seek help, prayer support and online fellowship? I have sought prayer, and received answers to those prayers, by coming to the forums here. It's been a blessing to find others who are willing to genuinely intercede for one another.

Feel free to post your testimony here about how this community has helped you grow spiritually and more intimately with Jesus! Cutting my teeth on scriptures as a new believer the last 5 years has allowed me to search the Word and grow in the knowledge of Christ tremendously. The Biblical evidence forum has allowed a lot of opportunities to debate and search the scriptures which always brings revelation and knowledge that may have been unknown to me. I've learned a lot by taking a stand in debates.

Last edited:
Chad, may the LORD continue to shine His glory down upon you and your ministry. May the blessing and favor of God be upon you, and may it grow! In Jesus' name i pray!

How has Talk Jesus changed my life: This was one of the very first places I felt completely safe coming to on the web. Talk Jesus have given me fellowship
with my brothers and sisters and encouragement as well.

Have I met or made new friends through this community: Yes I have made friends here and cherish every one of them and all of my brothers and sisters
in Jesus.

Did I come to a relationship with Jesus through this community's support? I got the support I needed to recommit my life to Jesus and the walk I share
with Him. Thank you brothers and sisters for that support.

Do you find Talk Jesus to be a great place to seek help, prayer support and online fellowship: I find it a wonderful place to come to and get support,
fellowship and help. More than once my brothers and sisters have been there backing me in prayer and helping out by giving wonderful advice.
it's such a blessing to be part of this community.

When I came to Talk Jesus it was because I wanted a safe place to go to that was filled with Jesus and with Christians who were honest. So many sites
out there claim to be Christian, but I found out they weren't, but here at Talk Jesus this community and all my brothers and sisters gave me a place to
come to that I could fellowship, ask for help and prayer, seek advice and know I was among true brothers and sisters of God. Since my time here I've
talked to so many of you and you have all helped me grow in my walk with Jesus and I thank you all for that very much. From the advice given to the
kind words spoken I am truly blessed to be part of this community and am so glad God led me here to all of you.

Thank you brother Chad for letting God lead you to making this site and Thank you God for the community of brothers and sisters found here!

Happy 10th Birthday Talk Jesus! I look forward to many more blessings and sharing things with my brothers and sisters! God bless you all!

AA

How has Talk Jesus changed your life? TJ has changed my life by giving me a place to come and talk with other believers openly about what is going on in my life.
Have you met or made new friends, pen-pals through this community? I have made many friends on TJ that I consider to be spiritual parents. Some are still here, others aren't on anymore. But they have helped me see things in a different way and helped me through some tough times by just being there when I needed prayer or needed someone to talk to.
Did you come to a relationship with Jesus through this community's support? I knew Jesus before I came to the site, but I think that through being here it has provided me a stronger, deeper relationship with Jesus by being here.
Do you find Talk Jesus to be a great place to seek help, prayer support and online fellowship? DEFINITELY! I love coming here and talking with people on chat, there are many people that I have talked to that I feel like I have known for awhile. Others I have been able to encourage and I hope I have led them in the direction of Christ and seeking Him.
Thank you so much Chad for creating the site and allowing so many people from so many different walks of life a place to come and talk about our one common thread - Jesus.

Staff Member
Give unto the Lord the glory due unto His name
1 Chronicles 16:29

Praising the Lord for Talk Jesus and may He continue to bless you brother @Chad as you manage the site with such devotion

Very much. Back in 2008 I got my first computer
I'd never seen an online forum before and it was the first site I found when I googled.
And it is still the main and most frequent site that I use.
An online home!

Yes
I have physically met a few members who have become beautiful Christian friends
I know of a couple who fell in love and married through meeting on the site....their relationship being Jesus centered, built around the beauty and love of Christian fellowship:heart-animated:

I share lovely regular contact by pm, email, telephone and Facebook with others

And I praise the Lord for all these contacts.....and want to thank all of you that I communicate with for that fellowship and communication. It has been so enriching.

Do you find Talk Jesus to be a great place to seek help, prayer support and online fellowship?
Yes especially when my oldest daughter was very ill, I felt so supported in prayer and Christian love on the prayer thread that I posted.
Thank you
I pray that the Lord will use me to support others and to encourage them in the love and truth of our dear Lord Jesus Christ

Feel free to post your testimony here about how this community has helped you grow spiritually and more intimately with Jesus!
I have learned and continued to learn so much here at Talk Jesus

The most important thing is to put Jesus first and His word.
Nothing else matters....for His word is truth and will never ever fail

Moderating
It is such an honour to be on the moderating team....and being one of the newest on the team I continue to learn more and more.
I never realized the huge amount of work that brother Chad has to do to keep the site safe and Jesus centred
There are so many that would seek to put the name of the Lord to shame, who register with purposes to destroy
Please keep brother Chad and the moderators in prayer for discernment and humility of heart in serving the Lord in this role

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.
Colossians 3:17

Without Me ye can do nothing
John 15:5

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many things...mostly it has deepened my relationship with God.

Yes, I have :)

Did you come to a relationship with Jesus through this community's support?
I had a relationship with Jesus before I came, but it has deepened since I've been here :)

Yes! TalkJesus was here when I needed it most when I was going through hard times, :)

Thank you, Chad, and everyone else who has been here for me :)

Staff Member
@Chad
I wanted to say thank-you Chad for stepping out in faith 10 years ago. This could not have been easy nor I'm sure undemanding to carry out this ministry these years, especially during the times of personal hardships in your life. That you have stayed faithful in this my brother, is awesome indeed! Talk Jesus which has become a blessing and a salvation to many, is to God's Glory; which I pray in knowledge, forever be a joy and light to your heart and spirit! I also pray that you may truly comprehend how much you are loved by all your brothers & sisters in Christ Jesus, present, past, and future whose blessings TJ as a vehicle of His Love, have been allowed to share and receive in their lives, because of your faithfulness.
Thank-you again my brother for stepping out in faith and many blessings for you and yours, in Christ Jesus. Amen!

Nick

Happy 10th birthday TJ. Glad to be a part of this wonderful community.
@Chad.. all I can say bro is; TJ has been my on line home since 2008. hehehe

More blessings!!!

Happy Birthday to Talk Jesus. In my spiritual walking TJ is one of way where I learnt so many things. Thank you for this site Bro. Chad. I pray that God's light shine on each and everyone who come and visit this site and grow in spiritual walk and get closer to Jesus. All Glory to God.