• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Talk Jesus: Revised, Reimagined.

What do you think of the new transformation?

• I Love it!

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Nice, but I need to adjust

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Not a fan of change

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
Administrator
Staff Member
Happy new year's to everyone! I wish you all great success, blessings and above all a closer, more intimate relationship with Jesus this year.

Special Announcement:

Talk Jesus is now running a brand new forum software. After running the previous one for 10 years (since 2004), it was time to advance forth. Brand new platform, brand new design, and a handful of new features.

New Features (or improved):

• better text editor when posting
  • like posts, mention users, follow users
  • trophy promotions (unlocks some future areas and advanced options for active members)
  • media gallery (images, member albums, videos)
  • Member avatars. Upload yours easily, or use Gravatar with a single click
  • easier share post capabilities
  • 110% faster everything: page loads, site load, replies, etc.
  • gorgeous mobile friendly design with full rich text editor
  • easy social media registration and login via Facebook, Twitter, G+.
Coming Soon:
  • shoutbox returning!
  • live chat returning!
  • social groups
  • handful of other awesome features!
Important Info:
Take your time, look around. #1 Go to your user profile (top right you'll see your name once logged in). Update your avatar, your gender (sorry, this was not imported correctly), and your other profile details accordingly. It's easy, straightforward and makes our community more interactive, personal and a bit more human.

If you notice any bugs or have any problems, please send me a pm, or even reply here. I'll iron everything out. Keep in mind I still have a few things to adjust along the way. All in all, everything is good to go as of now and back up and going.

SPREAD THE GOSPELS!
Matthew 28:19

Active

RJ

I am a creature of habit so, it will take some time...I am sure it will be better.

Staff Member
Greetings brother @Chad

Praise the Lord!
May this new site ever glorify and uphold the name of the Lord....leading the lost to Him and ministering His truth

May the Lord bless you for all your hardwork in this transformation

O send out Thy light and Thy truth
Psalm 43:3

Staff Member
Quick turn around brother Chad!!!!!!!! AWESOME!
Love the colors.........easy on the eyes!!!
Will have to look around some for more of an in depth review.
As others have said....to the Glory of God first and foremost. Add the the increase of His Kingdom and the uplifting of the Body of Christ...........now to go do some looking around........Great news on the Upcoming Features as well!
Bless you brother for all the hard work, the blood sweat and tears.
YBIC
C4E

Hey Chad,

uhmm, WOW! Thanks for the effort and making this site work well for ten years! AWESOME!!!

I miss the chatbox bro. Hehehehe

Blessings through 2015!!!

Active

RJ

love it more each time I use it. Haven't figured out what it means to put someone on your ignore list and what is the result of doing that?

Administrator
Staff Member
The ignore option is just a default feature of the software. No reason to use it here anyway.

I loved the old style very much and miss the look and feel of it. This new style is crisp and clean and I am sure I will learn to love it too.

Active

RJ

I just posted my first thread of the new year. So far, I have one question: where are the editing tools like font, color, bold, underline...ect.?

Loyal
For the most part, I like it. The new look is good.
Two things I'm not crazy about.
1. I have to log in to look at more than a few forum posts.
2. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit posts after you have posted them (I almost always have typos).

Active

I am confused about this. Why limit the views a guest can have?

I like the format, though it will take me a little amount of time to get used to it.

Administrator
Staff Member
For the most part, I like it. The new look is good.
Two things I'm not crazy about.
2. There doesn't seem to be a way to edit posts after you have posted them (I almost always have typos).

1. Yes. Not sure why that's a big deal. It's a one step thing to encourage members to be active, engaged.
2. I originally set the edit post limit to 5 minutes. I have changed this to 15 minutes.

I am confused about this. Why limit the views a guest can have?

I like the format, though it will take me a little amount of time to get used to it.

Per above, it's to get people to be engaged. Lurking around is not such a crime, but the whole point is to get people in and engaged with each other. It serves a good purpose.

Active
1. Yes. Not sure why that's a big deal. It's a one step thing to encourage members to be active, engaged.
2. I originally set the edit post limit to 5 minutes. I have changed this to 15 minutes.

Per above, it's to get people to be engaged. Lurking around is not such a crime, but the whole point is to get people in and engaged with each other. It serves a good purpose.

I kind see what you are getting at. I'm a little skeptical about this, but I guess I can see where you are coming from.

Thanks for explaining why,

Travis

Active

RJ

Am I missing something, I see no editing tools for threads and posts...like bold, underline, font color...ect.