• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Talk Jesus for Dumbies

Talk Jesus for Dummies

Hi Chad,

how about a post or sticky or tutorial or video or something:
Talk Jesus for Dummies
or something similar?

Dummies means those like me who are new who have to try to work out some of the editing bits and other things here.

for example:
what are trackbacks and how to use them?
It too k me a while to work out that the little blue arrow next to a name in the list of threads is to go to the last post
how do you multi-quote and the other options in replying/

also notice that some people remove part of their quoted passage and in so doing also take off the end [/QUOTE]

then there is the problem of how to remove a link if you have under 100 posts

also if you 'Go Advanced' you get to preview your post and do other editing bits

there are other things too but don't come to mind now and probably a few I haven't noticed yet?

I know that a lot of it is simple document sort of stuff, but some is specific to Talk Jesus and then there are always dummies like me!

edit note:
I edited the text where I spelled dummies as dumbies as it reads in the thread title - sort of proves what a dummy I am!

Last edited:
Don't think you are being ignored Eddy Fire! I saw your post a couple days ago, I have just been contemplating it.

I made a tutorial for computer class way back in 9th grade using pictures I took with the print screen/screen shot button on the keyboard.
I will play around with it again and see what I can come up with. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get the hang of something I haven't used in a long time.
I don't know what some of these features are myself because I don't use them, but you asked how to multi quote and I can try to make the first tutorial about that.

Administrator
Staff Member
I'll be more than happy to do this. If everyone wants to chip in with their questions about the features, I'll combine them into an easy read thread for future reference. Keep in mind there is the FAQ as well which answers just about every question there.

Trackbacks disabled as it's purposeless.

I'll be more than happy to do this. If everyone wants to chip in with their questions about the features, I'll combine them into an easy read thread for future reference. Keep in mind there is the FAQ as well which answers just about every question there.

Trackbacks disabled as it's purposeless.

Chad I would be the first to sing np for such a Dummy's class. Like a picture by picture on how to start a thread. ( still can't do it) and most of all a spell check whould be sucg a blessing.

Last edited:
@dannibear
@Chad
@farout

it was a thought and so I thought again and posted the idea
and I agree Chad, the FAQ shouldn't be overlooked.
and as for the ha ha ha's, farout - you missed a couple more friend!
love and peace in Jesus

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad I would be the first to sing np for such a Dummy's class. Like a picture by picture on how to start a thread. ( still can't do it) and most of all a spell check whould be sucg a blessing.

go to the main page for the forum section, farout, like for instance here:
Feedback

and you should see a black and blue rectangular box on the left hand side a bit like the reply to post button.
It says - Post New Thread
click on it and as with the reply to posts action it opens you to a blank writing thing and you write your stuff there
when you're done, down the bottom right a button - submit (I think???) same as for a reply to a post. click on it and you're done
I think you can preview what you wrote first with another button on the left???
Don't forget the title and you can add tags if you want
tags are optional as it will choose some itself, so don't worry about that bit
also I noticed if you don't put a title in, a message comes up reminding you to.
might help
love and peace in Jesus

go to the main page for the forum section, farout, like for instance here:
Feedback

and you should see a black and blue rectangular box on the left hand side a bit like the reply to post button.
It says - Post New Thread
click on it and as with the reply to posts action it opens you to a blank writing thing and you write your stuff there
when you're done, down the bottom right a button - submit (I think???) same as for a reply to a post. click on it and you're done
I think you can preview what you wrote first with another button on the left???
Don't forget the title and you can add tags if you want
tags are optional as it will choose some itself, so don't worry about that bit
also I noticed if you don't put a title in, a message comes up reminding you to.
might help
love and peace in Jesus

Thanks Eddy Fire, I have made two thread's, Praise theLord!