• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

studying the bible useing other books to reveal truth

Sorry if this afends others ?But I have a real problem with in me ,as I can not accept words from others books written ,by gods knows who and telling me the meaning of the bible .as these other books change the whole meaning of the bioble ,until it is no longer as written ,but means a different gospel ?Some says the greek they have says devil is really sickness ,holy is maybe nice or something like that .and it goes on and on .1st thing I want to know is who wrote that ,did he live back then ,What about all the millions who lived with out these new books ?No as for me .I will stick with the k.j. I "ll take my chances there .funny thing is ,if you do not accept these new words ,your either baned or disliked .because you will have a differnet understanding and many will not like it .one place a guy said JESUS did not make wine ,but grape drink .And believed saying anything else was evil .Most of these peoople seem nice and confress our LORD JESUS CHRIST .So I do not understand how they willingly change gods word to have a new meaning ?But ,the LORD said he did not chose many wise ,but the less of the earth mostly .Would he then have made it hard for those to know truth ?As the bible clearly tells us ,HE made it simple as even a child can understand and we must come to HIm as a child .I find now there are many new bibles coming out with really different words to give different meaning for different groups of people .I fear the world is a real mess .and getting worse every day .I wrote a scripture on a site .it says be holy as I am holy .The person said it does not mean holy in the greek . But then it takes from GOD as we know ?HE IS HOLY .to change this to nice or good or something else is evil in my eyes .but on that site they believe they must sin ,and can never be a overcomer .

Administrator
Staff Member
The way you will know if other books that are Chrstian related are worthy and truthful is by:

1. Praying to GOD for discernment
2. Reading the Bible itself as well. The more you read, the more you know
3. Ask others who've been Christians for a long time and study.

Many books are great out there, very Holy Spirit driven.

I suggest you visit www.gfa.org for free books and www.bgea.org for free books as well. It would be nice to donate to them as well. They are certainly 100% Christ-oriented.

What I see ,is books are used to understand the bible ,which replaces the word in the bible ,making it then a different gospel .2Ti 3:16 2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: it says nothing of these other books .Not that many righteous people have not written great writings .but if people take these writings over the bible ?What have they done ?the bible was never started in greek ,yet it is normally the words shown ,changing many words in the bible .with it ,you will get a different understanding all together .but then again ,satan is the great decieve ,you has had nmany years to set traps for us .1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1Th 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his Holy Spirit.

I think those who 1st understood the greek ,knew the meaning ,but the ones in the last couple hunderd years do not have full understanding any more! I would rather trust the 1611 men than these !

have you ever heard of something called the Great conversaion, it is the great discussion undertaken by all the writers through time. Not all of them were right not all of them are worth the time to read not all of them are in English but it is there and maybe it is worth listerning to writers from Plato to Yancy to Spurgion to Schaeffer.

I know that language is flexable and as such I rather think that it doesn't matter as the the version you read, if you look at 1 corth 13 you see a great example of this Charity and love mean the same thing to the translators of their day in the AV well it means what it means in the mordern tranlations it is the same meaning but the closest word in English to the Greek meaning has changed from Charity to love.

I rather think of books as teachers some are good some are bad none are completely right go back to the bible if that is the AV for you great if it is something else don't assume comprimise might be that I have a people with old fashioned language so that I can't read it so good, why should I put an extra barrier in my way when trying to hear God speak?

Greetings Spirit1st

Chad put it best.read the bible and get familiar with it and pray for guidance and understanding when you do.The more you are familiar with the bible the more the holy spirit will help you discern truth from just another lie .
I read one book once and the author was right all the way up to the end and he ruined the whole book in one sentance.So its important to prove all things to yourself,dont ever take someone elses word for anything without proof.
Please bear in mind a decieved person does not know he/she is decieved either,we know who to blame for that.A near miss is as good as a mile,a bulls eye is all ill accept nothing less.Pray, Pray, Pray. And let no man take your crown!

I have found ,That all the TRUTh I need is in the bible and my TEACHER is enough.HE knows everything of earth and the heavens and my city .Yes HE is a wonderful TEACHER .No man ,knows EVERYTHING hE KNOWS .So why would I want to get my understanding 2nd hand.When I can go too the CREATOR HIMSELF .I am VERY HAPPY with HIM .Thank you any way.more teachers are not always better . :love:

i think Chadi is right!! good on ya bro!!! keep it up and you'll go further!!!

Love simon!!!

I agree with most you wrote chad.But few people on earth ,have had more experiances than me with the LORD .Not bragging but being honest .Why would I want to read peoples writing that have had very little spiritual blessings .I have have most everything in the new testament.The HOLY GHOST has taught me much from the king james.It is enough.I know people mean well .But the HOLY GHOST can teach us everything in this life and even the things of NEW JERUSALEM .personal.I think other people thoughts can mess our thinking up.I do not trust man.As GOD is no repecter of persons.HE will tell us or teach us ANYTHING.HE just wants a willing person ,who will be willing to follow ONLY HIM .GOD only got mad at me once ,I know of .Because HE told me I was following my pastor.I was very sorry and ashamed.Now I do not follow ANY ON EARTH.But MY LORD .I have ,been dead 2 times ,cast out satan ,been healed many times ,prayed and saw people come back from the dead .Had lots of miracles in my life and others .Been given most everything I ask for .My wife,she did not like me.But ask my FATHER to give me her .She could not have kids .I ask for them ,HE gave them .My home,everything.It is all for every child of GOd .If we follow HIm alone.I am no one above any other .But have Trusted in HIm alone for truth .Personal ,I think HE is willing and able to make us just like HE IS .As this should be every one of our goals.Who else could teach us too be like HIM .But HIS HOLY SPIRIT.Not that we are not already?But our minds or you can say souls are not!They must take on HIS THINKING.Sure many people have a little spiritual knowledge ,but not enough?HE has enough for us .Because HE ALONE HAS ALL THE TRUTH .Another weak being ,even as I ?DO NOT have all the answers.And can even ,keep us from learnoing truth ?These are just my thoughts ,no need except them ?And yes I know ,HE has put teachers in the body .1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. Eph 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, I think HIS PERFECT WILL ?is to teach HIS little ones HIMSELF .Just as we want to teach our kids ,the right way! :love:

Which gospel do you know??
If the Gospel is like the Dr. Who's Tardis, much bigger when the doors are opened & you can see inside.
2) a truth here 1Cor. 2:1-7
A number of years ago I went to a B.Graham. meeting; in the U.K. I was a Christian & had been so for about 10 yrs. I sat with another Christian friend.
The heavens were open & the rain very heavy. As Billy was speaking one of the flashes of lightning hit the massive overhead message display board, all of it's bulbs burst & every body jumped. (Did they think it was Gods hand.?)
There was an alter call & people streamed down through the rain as it bounced off of the arena. They were soaked to the skin. " Why were they going down there to get soaked?, to get something special.! ?"
I turned to my colleague "What is going on? What is there for them? I'm sure I'm missing something I want to join the crowd in the "Pond" on the grass???????" B.G's word hadn't been exciting, hypnotic, or even charismatic in human terms, they were not even memorable in the bus home.
But God had moved.

Listen to Paul-----in The message
''You'll remember, friends, that when I first came to you to let you in on God's master stroke, I didn't try to impress you with polished speeches & the latest philosophy. I deliberately kept it plain & simple: first Jesus & who he is; then Jesus & what he did--Jesus crucified.
I was unsure how to go about this, & felt totally inadequate & scared to death, if you want the truth of it --& so nothing I said could impress you or anyone else. But the message came through anyway. God's spirit & God's power did it, which made it clear that your life of faith is a response to God's power, not to some fancy mental or emotional footwork by me or anyone else.
We, of course, have plenty of wisdom to pass on to you when you get your feet on firm spiritual ground, but it's not popular wisdom, the fashionable wisdom of high-priced experts that will be out-of-date in a year or so. God's wisdom is something mysterious that goes deep into the interior of his purposes. You don't find it lying around on the surface. it's not the latest message but more like the oldest--what God determined as a way to bring out the best in us, long before we ever arrived on the scene. The experts of our day haven't a clue about what this eternal plan is."
We know that there is more to The Gospel than mere human words. In the witness of what we are, manner, character & actions. Our obedience, to God's prompting at any stage is ALWAYS met by God's Holy Spirit & given a life beyond that on this earth or in our being.

3) the dynamic to your words that effect a non Christian third partie when your chatting you testimony etc.
4) your personal testimony impacts where your own ''word'' can not reach.
5) when a ''word'' is shared in a meeting that is remembered or here on the website helps another.
Is that The Gospel???
Is this not Good News of the way to & of salvation in & through Jesus & His obedience to our Father& creator?[?]. Demonstrated in the our obedience to that law written on our hearts & empowering us by the Holy Spirit, our comforter in our weakness. God does the saving,we are but carriers of the message. Gal. 1:8. 2:7
'' called according to His purpose.
Ish.61:1-3. As here,we maybe the only representative of Jesus to our friends, neighbours & family, that they ever meet or know because Jesus lives & breaths & His Holy Spirit dwells in us. Rom1:2-6 Our gospel! See Paul Rom. 2:16, 16:25. an instrument of & for the Good News.
John 5:19- We are co-heirs & will be & are being as Jesus is. Mk.4:24-25.-1Tim.1:11.our responsibility.
The Gospel about Jesus. Mk.1:1The Gospel of Jesus Mk.1:14. Mt. 4:23.
Your correction & comments will be most welcome.

God dosn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
[/quote]

I agree with you completely

i agree with yu completely spirit Ga 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Ga 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Ga 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Ga 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Last edited:
i didnt get at all what u were trying to say at all late runner. but basically spirit 1st i would say that if you know that the bible is true and perfect why would you even consider going anywhere else for understanding? God already gave us every thing we need to know and he will give us understanding also we do not need to go elsewhere for it.
Pr 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding
Pr 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pr 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

khabboora said:
I agree there are many very valuable resources that help gain insight into scripture. I have found Billy Grahams books very inspiring. But you can not rely on these resources if you don't seek "The Source"... The Holy Spirit

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
ok well I dont really understand where u guys are coming from with your point of view some scriptural backup would help.

here is truth ! The LORD gave HIS life giving blood to make us NEW creatures,No longer of this world ,But of NEW JERUSALEM,Made once again in HIS IMAGE.BORN OF GOD.We are spirit like our LORD .Living in 2 worlds at once.Following two rules at once.We must dwell in the flesh and live by the rukles of the flesh ,yet living in the rules of NEW JERUSALEM also.The rules of NEW JERUSALEM is FAITH and LOVE.of course the rules of new jerusalem are greater than these of the earth ,but for our LORDS SAKE we obey these laws here.Our spirit when BORN OF GOD are perfect and without sin .They cannot sin nor will they,The flesh cannot help but sin ,so must be controled and can .By walking in our spirit.The LORD keeps our spirits from ever becoming affected again.He live forever to keep us from sin.The only way possiable to bring man kind back was to make us new creatures ,which was fortold in the old testament.We are not made after the 2nd adam,which is MY LORD JESUS CHRIST ,the son of the living GOD.We should live and walk after the inner man.Eze 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh: Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? 2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Gal 6:18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Phm 1:25 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. 2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. 1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 1Pe 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.
Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Gal 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
Gal 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
Gal 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Gal 5:10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.
Gal 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offense of the cross ceased.
Gal 5:12 I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

EVEN THOSE THAT DIED ?MUST BE JUDGED AS WE ARE NOW.BECAUSE ALL,MUST BE BORN OF GOD!
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
These are those who died before the LORD AROSE FROM THE DEAD AND WENT TOO NEW JERUSALEM .OUR CITY.MADE FOR PERFECT BEING WASHED IN HIS HOLY BLOOD ,NEVER TO TASTE OF SIN AGAIN .Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 1Co 9:27 But I keepunder my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. YOU SEE,WE PUT OUR SPIRITS IN CHARGE OF OUR BODYS .AS OUR SPIRITS ARE BORN OF GOD and cannot sin.They are not of this world and seek only to serve our LORD.1Co 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? WE ARE HIS PERFECT BODY.HE CAN NOT HAVE SIN IN HIS OWN BODY!1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fullness of him that filleth all in all. Eph 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the savior of the body.
BECAUSE WE ARE NOW JOINED TO THE LORD AS ONE WITH HIM.OF course HE IS THE HEAD and we HIS PERFECT BODY.Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblamable and unreprovable in his sight: Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
ASK THE HOLY GHOST TO OPEN YOUR EYES,IF YOU DO NOT SEE THESE TRUES.As THEY ARE GODS LIVING WORD. :love:

I am sorry evangaline. the post you made was great and the scriptures were very inspirational, but i do not get what you are trying to say or what it really has to do with using other books to hep understand the bible.

1 Thessalonians 5
19Quench not the Spirit. 20Despise not prophesyings. 21Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Proverbs 27:17
17Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

The WORD is the source thus we should not disapprove of spirit led writings from other brothers, but test them for scriptural integrity. The absolute truth is the WORD and every other writing must pass the tests of sound scripture.

I would note a few things about Bible Versions via my own study. I was hung up on KJV for a long time as the "inspired word" but to be honest this does not hold up to careful scrutiny. The truth of the matter is that the KJV was a translation made from inspired and authored books and letters that were written in Greek (NT) and Hebrew/Aramaic (OT). The KJV was also the second English translation. The first hand-written English language Bible manuscripts were produced in the 1380's AD by John Wycliffe, an Oxford professor, scholar, and theologian.

This in no way affects the fact that the KJV was used to inspire and reach countless millions over the last 500 years. This does not mean that this is the only viable translation of those original inspired manuscripts however, but I would say test everything simply because that is what the LORD commands. I personally use the KJV and ESV versions due to my opinion that the translation must be literal for study and not a phrase per phrase equivalent as used by versions like the popular NIV. In other words I want a version that is not a persons opinion about what the context or meaning of a passage is, I want the Spirit to guide me in that situation not another human.

I also find Lee Strobel's books in the "Case for..." series very interesting and very informative. What does trouble me is books by evangelists such as Joel Osteen that have a view of scripture as a way to enable a successful worldly lifestyle. I see scripture as alien to worldy agenda and policy and desire, and in stark contrast to worldy philosophies like the "American Dream". On the one hand we have Jesus telling us to give Caesar what is Caesars, and the American Dream to get the best paying jobs and live life to its "fullest" by climbing the corporate ladder and "making something out of yourself" by getting a better job that pays more etc. But that is a topic for another discussion.

Well of course GOD wants us share TRUTH with each other! to the .But the point i tried to make is .We should always ask the HOLY GHOST to reveal the TRUTH too us.As we are to talk with HIm and be LED BY HIM.1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
:love:

Hi

The answer is easy. Why do you ask a question on this forum - To get your fellow christian's opinions on a subject (still testing their answers against the scriptures - Thats why I beleive, Chad asks for scriptual references when making a statement) . The same with books, you allso have to test them against the scriptures and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you.

God uses different means and people to spread His Word and if someone can explain to me what something means - Why refuse it, if it's true.

Just my ramblings.

God Bless

Only the HOLY GHOST GIVES TRUTH.Yes HE uses people .But the TRUTh is?It must start with HIm.i do not trust man kind.But once we have the NEW BIRTH.We then have full acess to GOD though hIS HOLY SPIRIT ,which dwells in us.You understand.Paul and the other writers ,got all the bible from the HOLY GHOST.
We recieve everything though LOVE and FAITH.We need no other teachers.But man loves to learn from man.Yet few have any of the signs and wonders .Few have raised the dead or even cast out a demon .or know anything about spiritual things .Yet swell up and down about another book.wrtten by a guy ,who more than likly has not had any or many miracles in his life.amazing isn"t it?
The living water is a real experiance ,the new rest is real .The signs and wonders are for real.

1Jo 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11 Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

HE MEANS WHAT HE SAYS?ALL THINGS ARE NEW TO GODS KIDS.BECAUSE WE ARE NEW.BORN OF GOD!NOT OF THIS WORLD .BUT TRAPPED IN THESE BODYS
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.