• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Struggling

I have been looking for Christian encouragement as I'm new to my faith. I have an amazing testimony, but recently I'm finding myself doubting if I ever came to Christ or not. I feel like I'm "falling away" - against my own will...
I have seasons of feeling victorious and not doubting a single thing about my faith, but whenever I feel victorious it's almost immediately that I start to doubt everything and feel like the devil is attacking my mind. I feel like my mind is veiled on purpose, I read the Bible but feel like I can't understand these things to be real and truly historical.
I start to question the Bible and if I even believe in any of it, but months ago the Lords presence was made so real to me, and I was on fire for him. Why am I dealing with these feelings of despair, anxiety, doubt and fear of not being saved all of the sudden? Is it all in my head, or is this a real attack from the enemy? I feel like giving up, but I know what the other side of the world looks and feels like because I was living in the world from age 13-25. I feel like I'm stuck in my head.

I want to believe Jesus with all my heart, I cry to the Lord day in and day out to take this mental fog away and to reveal himself to me so I can feel a glimmer of hope.
I always search for evidence of his resurrection, proof of the Bible, etc and it's so exhausting. I just want to believe and feel as strong in my faith as I did before. I often get so worried that I'm going to be a victim of the great deception. I think too much and I need some Christian encouragement. Thank you

Staff Member
Greetings,

do you have any fellowship with other Christians on a regular basis?

Bless you ....><>

john-10-28-30-2.jpg

isaiah-41-10-2.jpg

@Jellani @Br. Bear Thank you both so much ♥️ those verses really help me. I do plan on getting involved and I desperately need people around me for discipleship. I'm still looking for a home church but hopefully this Sunday the one I try becomes the one I stay at . It's hard to find groups in my age range who are following the Lord (around their mid 20's). I pray God leads me where ever he wants me to go.

Staff Member
Greetings,

@Jellani @Br. Bear Thank you both so much ♥ those verses really help me. I do plan on getting involved and I desperately need people around me for discipleship. I'm still looking for a home church but hopefully this Sunday the one I try becomes the one I stay at . It's hard to find groups in my age range who are following the Lord (around their mid 20's). I pray God leads me where ever he wants me to go.

be careful about limiting yourself to same age-group fellowship.
I have always really enjoyed fellowship with older than me folks We all need each other and if we hang around only with same age friends, we may not learn much and our fellowship might not be so enriched.
Mix with all age groups and let them mix with you, too!

Prayers for you that you have great peace as you look to Jesus and trust Him with your life
Thank you for your encouraging words.

Bless you ....><>

Active
Hi @Rlk1994 am sure God will lead you to the right church :) He always does :)

Regarding with the age group, personally i prefer older than me but honestly the mix aged groups are really good because we learned alot from their different perspective in life.

Loyal
Greeting @Rlk1994

Remember Jesus saying, we are to be like little children, he wasn't talking about being childish when he said it, he was talking about our FAITH.

Little children have unquestionable faith in their parents. Jesus tells us to have unquestionable Faith in God our Father. t is not that he doesn't want us as adults not to question things, we are to search the scriptures for The Truth. The reason he said it was, he knows how the devil will attack us with his lies, he has done it from the beginning. He has a subtle but cunning way of getting us to question what God, what Jesus said. Look what he said to Eve...

Genesis 3:1 (NIV2011)
1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.
He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

The questions you have in your head come from the enemy of souls, 'Did God really say that?'

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Regarding the people you should meet with, it would be wrong as our brother and sister above have stated, to mix with a specific age group, the Bible does not say you should mix with just people your own age, we are together, the Body of Christ, young and old, male and female, we all have different talents and are to use them together.

You say you are new to faith, Praise the Lord, the most important people to mix with are truly born-again Christians. You are a babe, you need to take time in prayer, in fellowship, in The Word, the Bible. You need to be with Christians of all ages as we are all different ages in Christ, we are at different stages of maturity in our faith, it is all important for you, especially as you are so young in faith and will have lots of questions. That is very commendable, you want to be right with God, you want to know what God has told us we should and shouldn't do, you want to know Jesus, His love, what he went through for us all, why he had to go through it, it is good to be hungry and thirsty for righteousness. God will feed you through His Word, Jesus gives you living waters, we will never go hungry we will never be thirsty.

I know I have shared it earlier but here it is again...

Bless you

Jesus Loves you we do too.

Loyal
I have been looking for Christian encouragement as I'm new to my faith. I have an amazing testimony, but recently I'm finding myself doubting if I ever came to Christ or not. I feel like I'm "falling away" - against my own will...
I have seasons of feeling victorious and not doubting a single thing about my faith, but whenever I feel victorious it's almost immediately that I start to doubt everything and feel like the devil is attacking my mind. I feel like my mind is veiled on purpose, I read the Bible but feel like I can't understand these things to be real and truly historical.
I start to question the Bible and if I even believe in any of it, but months ago the Lords presence was made so real to me, and I was on fire for him. Why am I dealing with these feelings of despair, anxiety, doubt and fear of not being saved all of the sudden? Is it all in my head, or is this a real attack from the enemy? I feel like giving up, but I know what the other side of the world looks and feels like because I was living in the world from age 13-25. I feel like I'm stuck in my head.

I want to believe Jesus with all my heart, I cry to the Lord day in and day out to take this mental fog away and to reveal himself to me so I can feel a glimmer of hope.
I always search for evidence of his resurrection, proof of the Bible, etc and it's so exhausting. I just want to believe and feel as strong in my faith as I did before. I often get so worried that I'm going to be a victim of the great deception. I think too much and I need some Christian encouragement. Thank you
When a person comes to Jesus for salvation the Devil's number one motive is to keep you out of the spiritual realm where God has given you power, and authority over the Devil. Lies and deception are his weapons to try and get you to give up. The physical mind in your head needs to be "renewed" with the Word of God, (Romans 12:2) and until that happens you will be constantly bombarded with thoughts that are not yours, but the Devil wants you to think they are!

If you find yourself faithless in certain situations you can be assured God remains faithful to us because he can not deny himself who is living inside you!

2Ti 2:13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful— for he cannot deny himself.

@Curtis Thank you so much. That is the absolute truth, when the devil attacks me it's always in my mind. He knows that's where I'm the weakest; I've always been an anxious over-thinker. I've been reading my Bible more lately and memorizing verses that encourage me in times of faithlessness. I know God was the author of my faith, so he will finish what he started in me. I have been feeling much better since I've been dwelling on his word and reminding myself of the promises he makes to us. ♥

Hi @Rlk1994 am sure God will lead you to the right church :smile: He always does :smile:

Regarding with the age group, personally i prefer older than me but honestly the mix aged groups are really good because we learned alot from their different perspective in life.

I actually am starting to realize that's a smarter decision because people of mixed ages have different levels of experience and have been through more than I have. I definitely need fellowship with people of all ages to grow in my faith with.

Greeting @Rlk1994

Remember Jesus saying, we are to be like little children, he wasn't talking about being childish when he said it, he was talking about our FAITH.

Little children have unquestionable faith in their parents. Jesus tells us to have unquestionable Faith in God our Father. t is not that he doesn't want us as adults not to question things, we are to search the scriptures for The Truth. The reason he said it was, he knows how the devil will attack us with his lies, he has done it from the beginning. He has a subtle but cunning way of getting us to question what God, what Jesus said. Look what he said to Eve...

Genesis 3:1 (NIV2011)
1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made.
He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

The questions you have in your head come from the enemy of souls, 'Did God really say that?'

Regarding the people you should meet with, it would be wrong as our brother and sister above have stated, to mix with a specific age group, the Bible does not say you should mix with just people your own age, we are together, the Body of Christ, young and old, male and female, we all have different talents and are to use them together.

You say you are new to faith, Praise the Lord, the most important people to mix with are truly born-again Christians. You are a babe, you need to take time in prayer, in fellowship, in The Word, the Bible. You need to be with Christians of all ages as we are all different ages in Christ, we are at different stages of maturity in our faith, it is all important for you, especially as you are so young in faith and will have lots of questions. That is very commendable, you want to be right with God, you want to know what God has told us we should and shouldn't do, you want to know Jesus, His love, what he went through for us all, why he had to go through it, it is good to be hungry and thirsty for righteousness. God will feed you through His Word, Jesus gives you living waters, we will never go hungry we will never be thirsty.

I know I have shared it earlier but here it is again...

Bless you

Jesus Loves you we do too.

I've always had child like faith in the Lord, even when I fell away from him in my teen years, deep down I still had faith. Then, I came to real salvation and I experienced God first hand, and the doubts started months after. So I know without a doubt it's the devil trying to keep me from receiving what the Lord has for me and the plans he has for my life. I have to remind myself that he's also trying to fight for the souls of every believer because his time is limited here. I know God has a plan for my life and that he will never leave us nor forsake us. Thank you for your encouragement.
I love how this site brings believers together to strengthen one another in the Truth. The more I read his Word and memorize scripture the stronger I begin to feel. I know the Lord tests our faith through trials and he refines our faith through the fire. I look forward to getting involved with a group of people in church and I do realize it's much more beneficial if I am around a variety of people of different ages, so that I can also be mentored by them.
I know God will lead me where he wants me to go and continue to grow my faith if I trust in Him.

I love Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail."

God bless you.

Loyal
@Curtis Thank you so much. That is the absolute truth, when the devil attacks me it's always in my mind. He knows that's where I'm the weakest; I've always been an anxious over-thinker. I've been reading my Bible more lately and memorizing verses that encourage me in times of faithlessness. I know God was the author of my faith, so he will finish what he started in me. I have been feeling much better since I've been dwelling on his word and reminding myself of the promises he makes to us. ♥

@Rlk1994 one thing that has helped me realize that thoughts are not mine, is I ask myself would I speak such things?? I get some messed up thoughts going through my head sometime, but I ask myself if I would speak them in person, I also start thinking about scripture that I have memorized the word is so heavily embroider in my mind I just go from one verse to the next, and I pray to God and always put everything on the table let him know because he know anyways, our spirit grows stronger and stronger with the word and prayers and fasting, I tell you obedience does such wonders to make our spirit stronger then our flesh,, and to get us closer to God

@Curtis Post Is so good and true, he has told me the same exact thing in the past and it is so true and works !!! God bless you freind