• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Strength in your inner man

As I was reading my Bible today.. God reminded me of Ephesians 3:16. It's a place to start for getting close to Him and getting to know Him... Pray in the spirit and allow the Holy Spirit to build up your inner man (spirit). As He does that.. all of it will begin to overflow into the rest of you. In your body, attitude and everything else. Also as you build up and spend time with the spirit... It will help you have confidence in Him, and in hearing Him.

As we spend time praying in the spirit, and invite the Holy Spirit to be with us in our day, (and I have been asking Him to be in my dreams also).... then as you think of different things...invite Him to be with you or speak to you or whatever comes to mind. And then just let Him show you Who He is and how much He loves you. And let Him show/teach you about His grace (unmerited favor, or Him treating us as if we have never sinned).

The Holy Spirit is a huge part of our connection with God. And as we allow Him to flow in our lives, and our minds realize that there is a very real spiritual piece of us... There will be a greater connection and like an aha moment.. which is like having revelation knowledge. Which is a knowing within us that is so strong it cannot be ignored for very long.

If your struggling with feeling like He's not close or like the things that He has promised will never happen, or even that anything good will ever happen.... Spend some time praying or singing in the spirit (praise Him). Try to focus your mind on Jesus and if you can renew your mind to Jeremiah 29:11. One can also read the book of 1 John and John 17:23.

God loves us so much... But the devil wants us to believe that, that is a lie. So he makes things appear like there is no breakthrough in site, or that God is not faithful or that things will never change. In those times it's when we have to figure out how to encourage ourselves.. even if all you do is keep telling the Lord you need help. When we call on Him, expecting an answer... He answers us, and the Holy Spirit will help us... For He is our comforter, our counselor, our....
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever–
John 14:16 AMPC

Think about the inner parts of a flower... Without the inner parts it would fall apart and die. The life is not only in the roots but in the center. So it is with Christ.... There is supernatural everlasting life in our inner man. The Holy Spirit is in there.. it's where He lives and talks to us. Our spirits are where the real us is.

God bless you... And our prayers are with you for strength and wisdom for every situation