• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Strategy of Satan

Administrator
Staff Member
My summary from the book of The Strategy of Satan by Warren Wiersbe. I highly recommend you buy this book. It is excellent, overwhelming knowledge and insight that you should have in the spiritual warfare we all fight in.

Strategy of Satan

Target: Mind

Reason: it's image of God where He communicates to us and reveals his will for us.

God renews our lives by renewing our minds, and He renews our minds through his truth. This truth is the Word of God.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

If it is not true do not let it enter your mind. Your thinking affects your feelings and your willing.

For as he thinks within himself, so he is.
He says to you, "Eat and drink!"
But his heart is not with you.
Proverbs 23:7

Your mind affects your whole being.

Weapon: Lies

Steps Satan took to deceive Eve:

1. He questioned Gods word (questioned whether God really said what Eve thought he said)
  2. He denied Gods word
  3. He substituted his own lie "you will be like God"
Eve responded with three mistakes:
  1. She took away from Gods word (omitted word "freely"). She made Gods command less gracious
  2. She added to Gods word ("or touch it" not found in Gods original command). She made Gods command more grievous
  3. She changed Gods word (God did not say "lest you die")
God accomplishes His will through truth.
Satan accomplishes his plans through lies.

But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. (John 16:13)
Counterfeit Christians

I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren; (2 Corinthians 11:26)​

Counterfeit Gospels

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! (Galatians 1:8)​

Counterfeit Ministers of the Gospel

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds. (2 Corinthians 11:14, 15)​

Counterfeit Doctrines

But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, (1 Timothy 4:1)​

Counterfeit Christ

Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. (2 Thessalonians 2:8-10)​

Purpose
To make you ignorant of Gods will
He attacks Gods word because Gods word reveals Gods will.

God wants us to

....know His will
And he said, 'The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. (Acts 22:14)
...understand His will
So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Ephesians 5:17)
...understanding His will to fill us and control us
For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, (Colossians 1:9)
IF SATAN CAN MAKE YOU IGNORANT OF GODS WILL HE CAN ROB YOU OF ALL THE GLORIOUS BLESSINGS GOD HAS PLANNED FOR YOUR LIFE.

Your Defense
  1. Inspired Word of God
  2. We must know Gods word
  3. We must memorize Gods word
  4. We must meditate on Gods word
  5. We must use Gods word
Spirit of God will enable you to use the Word of God in the battle against the devil.

After reading this book 4 months ago, then my wife read it. After we both read it we ordered books for all of our 4 adult children and 4 more for friends and in laws. Like Chad said this is a real MUST READ. If you are wondering how to be a christian who knows the ways satan works on you this is one very well written book for even children in sixth grade.

still interpreation of God's word is another thing.

i watched one video what i believe to is false prophecy here in tj and it took my trust in bible away.

but i picked up bible again after couple of months and started going through it all over again to find it's actually quite simple message and there isn't whole lot you can question really.

it's just the false prophets slip their interpration in there to against everything you have learned.

similar to snake in garned question Eve, "Has God really said?" ... (first questioning what God has said) ... "no for God knows that..."... (then giving false interpreation of what God has said which God never meant)

(2Co 11:3) But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

(2Co 11:4) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Last edited:
Active
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Philippians 4:8 NIV)
Would a whole book about Satan be any of these good things?
Who cares what his strategy is,God's strategy is to focus on his word and his promises and be led by the spirit.
We over come evil with good.

Last edited:
Who cares what his strategy is,God's strategy is to focus on his word and his promises and be led by the spirit.

His word tells us to be sober-minded and vigilant against the enemy's attacks. If he is hunting you as a roaring lion seeking to devour you, as his prey shouldn't you know what his plan of attack is?
And 2 Cor 2:11 talks about us not being ignorant of his devices, etc.

Active
His word tells us to be sober-minded and vigilant against the enemy's attacks. If he is hunting you as a roaring lion seeking to devour you, as his prey shouldn't you know what his plan of attack is?
And 2 Cor 2:11 talks about us not being ignorant of his devices, etc.
He should buy a book about us before we steal all his prey!

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
To be sober-minded and vigilant we should behold that which we are moving toward.

A good offense is the best defense,it keeps darkness in the dark about where we will strike next.Does light need to understand the way of darkness to make it non-existent?

Ask yourself this,what would Jesus read?
I understand that a babe in Christ needs to be made aware of how to overcome darkness.
But what is important is the strategy of Christ.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
He should buy a book about us before we steal all his prey!

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
To be sober-minded and vigilant we should behold that which we are moving toward.

A good offense is the best defense,it keeps darkness in the dark about where we will strike next.Does light need to understand the way of darkness to make it non-existent?

Ask yourself this,what would Jesus read?
I understand that a babe in Christ needs to be made aware of how to overcome darkness.
But what is important is the strategy of Christ.

If you understand a babe in Christ needs to understand how to overcome darkness, then why are you posting things like this

You know who cares? Jesus. That's why He told us to be sober minded and alert of the devil who prowls around like a roaring lion.

Maybe you don't care, but speak for yourself brother. I posted this thread and its here for a purpose. Just because you overcome evil with good doesn't make darkness go away in this world. Its always there until Christ's return.

Active
That's why He told us to be sober minded and alert of the devil who prowls around like a roaring lion.

Actually it was Peter who said:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

There is a difference between alert of the devil and alert because of the devil.
I think our alertness resides in Christ and the word.
I have read many of these books in the past and I felt they hurt my trust in God.

I was.. actually we all are commanded to overcome evil with good.
I don't need to overcome the world because he already did.

I meant no disrespect
I simply offer an alternative to those who may not find understanding the ways of darkness edifying.

I meant no disrespect
I simply offer an alternative to those who may not find understanding the ways of darkness edifying.

Brother, what you are saying is true, that we ought to overcome evil with good.

However there are a lot of Christians out there who have yet to realize what an important battlefield the mind is. And the enemy know this very well. Therefore we ought to do what we can to bring this realization to as many Christians as we can, as early in their spiritual growth as possible.

I am glad to see a book addressing this very important concept that will spur Christians to dig deeper from the Scriptures. Once the mind is stirred, the motivation will follow.

I'll check out the book. Thanks Chad for the link.

There is a battle!

Deception is his only means! But...Victory has beed secured! THe resurrection of Jesus Christ! Satan no longer has authority over us to defeat us!

Paul tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood..but against powers and rulers in the spiritual realm.

I am so glad that God has given us his word! We can experience victory in this spiritual battle. He has shared his armor to defeat the schemes of the devil. His truth, righteousness, Peace, Faith, Salvation and the sword of the Spirit.

Prayer is also a weapon against him!

I read this book shortly after being born again a few years ago. It's an excellent read. Wiersbe's understanding of the scriptures is wonderfully deep. He's been anointed to teach.

Satan is cunning and an opportunist - I don't think he appeared as a serpent in the garden for no reason. He hates every single human being, without fail, even his unfortunate servants who make pacts with him on this earth.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: - 1 Peter 5:8

This scripture speaks volumes of how the devil operates. Him and his emissaries of demons, are always lurking around, and taking notes of our weaknesses. Any way they can weaken our relationship with Christ is victory in their eyes.

From my experiences, he always likes to argue semantics as well, and get you questioning solid biblical truths that have been rooted down. ''Did God really mean that in this verse'' or the inevitable false accusations such as '' You're unforgivable now, God no longer loves you''.

I believe it is very important to be aware of the serpents schemes. If you are naive about them, it gives him an upper edge to exploit this, and cause mental anguish.

The Other side of this..........

We are told, to stand against the wiles of the devil, be not ignorant of his devices, not to give him a place, stand in faith with the armor on. Our issues are not physical things, they are spiritual things. It's the Kingdom of Darkness arrayed against us.

"God allowed the devil to bla, bla this to me and that." God told you to stand against the devil, and be vigilant!!!! Now God allows something he told you to be vigilant against? Right???, think about it..... "But Job, sniff, sniff, he let the devil get job, sniff, sniff."

Now, now, If God told big bad devil to get Job, then God would not waste his time to tell use to stand against that big bad devil. If it's God's will, then we would just be resisting God, and we have no chance against God.
Here, have a hanky, now go sit with the babies and just think, ok...

The other side
Submit!!!!

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

I got some startling news my Brothers and sisters..........
We are not our own Gods!!!!!

"Well, I never thought that at all Brother Mike, what are you saying???"

How many have married and 10 years later it all fall apart?
Now if that marriage was God, it stands. I don't want to hear about people have their own choices. You knew something before the wedding and ignored it!!! If you knew God, you did know. You decided to be your own god and marry anyway.

"That date, Oh I am so hurt...and/or.....My live in partner is so cruel," God tell you to go on that date? You even check in with God about that? Was that person saved?, You suppose to just shack up with people?

Have a hanky, go sit with the babies and think about it.

"I just don't get it, I got promoted, and everything in my life is falling apart, We moved, and got a nice house, and I thought God was blessing me, then it is all crumbling down."

Did God tell you to leave your current Church? Did God tell you to take that promotion? Did God tell you to leave your place?

"God gave me a heart attack (I actually heard this one exactly) So I could witness to the person next to me in the Hospital."

Did you not say several years ago God was dealing with you about your diet and weight? Can God just not ask us to visit someone in the hospital without the Heart attack?

"I know I can teach, but they asked me to clean the bathrooms at church. I did for awhile, but nobody noticed me, and my great talents. I can sing, and they won't even let me sing. So I left, and now teach in a small church, but even though I am in teaching like God told me I would do, my life is just one mess after another. Why is the devil constantly attacking me?"

Have a hanky....... That's right, the baby section is over there.

SUBMIT!!! Your Not your own god!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

There is a difference between alert of the devil and alert because of the devil.
I have read many of these books in the past and I felt they hurt my trust in God.

I meant no disrespect

Actually, I find understanding the devil's strategy to have been remarkably blessing to me. I understand now much more easily the ways that we are to fight. Although I agree that purposefully having a bad and unhealthy fascination with the devil is not good, I also believe that having an understanding of the strategies of the enemy will help us to be more effective in our battles. I have been fighting the devil's lies myself, and I finally realize now that I have been deceived, because his strategy is to manipulate the word of God.

Although I do agree that you can easily find this in the Word of God solely, that also backs up the fact that the Bible does explain the strategies of Satan. For example:

"Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8)

"He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it." (John 8:44)

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14)

And etc. If the Bible itself explains the strategies of Satan, then there is nothing wrong with it. It's not what I'd consider "unhealthy." (Now, having a fascination with demons and wanting to focus too much on them would definitely be unhealthy. But that's not what the book is focusing on.)

Satan's main strategy is to 'divide and conquer'. First he separated Eve from Adam, conquered her through deception, then Adam was defeated too.

His strategy has also worked regarding the church. Instead of one enormous, powerful church on the EArth today (there are about 2 billion Christians on the earth today), we are lucky to get more than 30 attending a local church congregation, and everyone is so divided into different opinions, preferences and sects, most time is spent arguing within rather than defeating satan without.

So at the heart of all these problems is self-denial. True love is really self-denial. If we deny the self then satan has no room in us to move. The most important virtue to put on is love through self-denial, which brings unity and protects against satan's divide and conquer strategy:
Col 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Loyal
Our only defense we have is in the the "Armour of light" which happens to be God's Armour. The Word of God is our only offensive weapon which has divine power to destroy all arguments, and pierces the darkness that hold those in bondage. Remember Jesus said he did not come to bring peace, but division, and a Sword. The Sword is the only instrument that can divide and conquer false teaching, and separate the goats from the sheep.

Loyal
True but way to many Christians blame God for the things they do that allow the devil righ to enter in and begin to destroy.
Many Christians do not even think the devil is real. If ther devil never bothers you then you are no threat or care to him and that means you are not much use in the kingdom of God either.

Loyal

I meant no disrespect

Well see there is a slight problem with saying you do not have to over come the world because Jesus already did. I agree this is very true however........He over came sickness for us.....ever been sick ? any of the body ever been sick? He over came poverty for us, can you go pay off the poor mans house for him ?

My point is this....even though the victiry is won and ours..........we still need to fight the good fight of faith....You said in a prior post that it is good for the babes in Christ. There are multitudes of Christians being beaten and held captive because they do not know his tatics. Mark 4 teaches us about them and most do not even grasp this. They even blame God.

The devil has gotten so many of the body of Christ hood winked thinking God did this or that and so forth. Most churches do not even teach about the battle of the minds and leave christians getting their behind kicked year after year..
The body of Christ needs to be made aware of the things that has come from our enemy the devil and find out who they are in the body of Chrsit and what authority they have and kick his lying butt out of the church and the homes and lives of the believers.

Just my 2 cents ; )
Blessing Brother
Jim

Active

Soldier of Christ, it is your duty to resist the Devil, while submitting to God You can't resist the Devil if you are not wise to his manner of warfare. If you meet those two conditions, the Devil will flee from you. It's one matter for an enemy to avoid you. It's a better thing for the enemy to run for their lives in shame from before you.

Indeed Jesus overcame the world (system/kosmos), referring to the adorning of our worldly existence, much of which is not according to God's will. John 16:32-33 (KJV)
32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Remaining in Christ was their only hope of inner peace with God regardless of what the world dished out, or how persistently Satan would come against them, especially when each believer was hiding in his own closet while Saul/Paul was soon out arresting and killing many Christians. Let's continue on to James 4:1-10 (KJV)
1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Our "tribulation" while walking this world is likened in scriptures to how a well organized effective army operates. The soldier has instructions for carrying out the will of a commander. But the soldier is also trained in matters he can expect to experience once facing the enemy. The more the soldier knows about the enemy, the less likely he will have an enemy bullet go through him. A soldier not long ago was trained not to fear being shot at from 1000 yards away. But now he must be cautious when the enemy is miles away and even out of sight. Just trusting in what the will of the commander is can get that soldier killed for no good purpose. The enemy must be resisted too, and that very effectively.