• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Stop Churchianity!!!!!!

There are many things that are very distracting to Christians in the world today. With all of the wicked things going on around us, it can be hard to see how God is working things out for the good. Between the sinful things that we see in everything we consider entertainment to isis beheading Christians in the middle east, we live in a sick and very darkened world. Where evil abounds freely and without conviction. Jesus warned us of all these things and much, much more.
Jesus gives warning of people hating us. Then he comforts us in the fact that they hated him before they hated us. Then he stated, " Be at peace, for I have overcome this world. " . He warned us that there would arise a people that are going to kill us in the name of God, and believe that they are doing the work of god by doing so. We are seeing this in the middle east now. However Jesus also stated " Do not fear those that can only kill the flesh not the soul. " . Jesus knows that we have the victory in him. But do we always realize that we already have the victory.

In the entertainment world, it does not matter what we are doing for entertainment in todays world. There just always seems to be something wicked and against our lord in it. Most movies have some kind of the Lords name in vain or some kind of malicious revenge plot or some kind of sexual something or other in it. If we go bowling, there is always some kind of worldly music and people acting crazy and even some kind of violence sometimes. If we go to parks in the city, we see people doing drugs or find rigs all over that they have used to shoot up. People are often fighting or drinking and speaking nasty things out of their mouths. It seems that no matter what we do it seems as though there is something wicked around us. Jesus warned us of these thing through Paul in 2 Timothy 3. He also warned us that sin would abound and that there would be a world of no compliance or self control.

It just seems no matter what we do or watch or go, there just seems to be something wicked. Something to question something in our faith. However, there is a distraction that is worse in my mind than all of these. The distraction comes from a place that many of us would never expect. Many will not even believe it when I put it on here. But it is a distraction that unseasons salt in the most manipulative ways. It takes people by surprise because we are so often taught that it is good for us and our souls. But is it truly. The distraction I am talking about are our churches and many of our church leaders. There is always something to be said against anyone that has a real zeal for our Lord Jesus Christ. Or there is some kind of judgment laid on people when they feel moved by the Holy Spirit of our God. It is very dangerous and many will not believe this so I will share examples of what I am talking about.

How do church leaders become a distraction for us? I will share with you many of the comments and actions I have seen and heard from our faithful all knowing church leaders.

1. If you have a zeal for Christ that you want to share him, it is because you are an immature Christian. This is not found anywhere in the Bible.

Actually you find just the opposite of this through out the word of God. Look at the apostles. They had such a zeal to share Christ that they went to their graves for it. When they were told by authorities to stop preaching of Christ they turned and stated, " Are we to obey man or God. We will not stop as Gods commandments are of more importance. " Yet if we show this same zeal for Christ and the souls of other we are called immature in Christ. But if we go out and preach our church and promote it we are mature and saving people from hell. That is a lie from the devil. Christ saves and the Holy Spirit convicts not getting people into our church.

2. Invite all to come to church buildings. This is not found anywhere in the Bible.

There is not one place in the Bible where the apostles first invited people into a church. They did not even invite people to join their fellowship without first preaching Christ and his goodness. Allowing the person to first receive Christ and then giving them fellowship.

3. Church denominations and membership. Also not written about anywhere in the Bible.

When we go before God on the day of judgment, He is not going to stop and ask us what church denomination, building or congregation we belong to. Many want to claim the verse that states, " Do not forsake the assembling together of the saints." It is true that we need fellowship. The Bible makes this very clear. However, fellowship can be anywhere. We do not have to be Pentecost, Methodist, Baptist etc. in order to have fellowship. We can have fellowship anywhere we wish to meet with one another.

4. Rules of salvation that do not exist.

Many churches have a check point list on what is salvation and what is not. Some of those rules are telling people how to worship God. Or they are telling people how the Holy Spirit is leading them or what their gift is. All of these things are between the person and God. Other rules of salvation include telling people to change their outward appearance rather than their heart. Some of these rule include telling men they can or cant shave their beard. Or telling women that they are not allowed to cut their hair. They often use 1 Corinthians 11: 1- 15 to get people on this teaching. However they do not go to verse 16 where it states " But if any be contentious in this area we have no such customs nor does the church of God. "

5. Church as a building and honoring it more than Christ.

There is not anywhere in the Bible where church is a building. Not one place even where the word church is used where the definition would be a building or even a place to worship. The word church means those that have accepted Christ as their savior. Nothing more, nothing less than that. Christ is the only way to the father. He said, " I am the way the truth and the life. No one gets to the Father accept through me.

Jesus has made it very clear through out the Bible that He is the King of Kings. It does not matter if you step foot into these churches or become a member as so many falsely state in order to gain population in their pews. Being a pastor is not a career, but a calling on our lives. Pastors have used many lies and manipulations and twisted the Word of God in order to make money. Why are our churches dead inside, because Christ is not the head of the building and business we call church.

Look at their out reach systems. They look good on the surface. Man they are feeding the hungry and clothing the naked and putting up concession stands advertising only their church. Never speaking of Christ and never telling people of our need for a savior. Oh no, you will not hear of such things. But they will sit with everyone and try to convince them that their church is the church of Christ and to get to heaven you work through the church and you go to church and you give all of your money to the church. These are all lies of the devil. Christ is the only way to salvation.

Now is the time to stop with all of the churchianity and get on board with Christ. Stop trying to be more popular than the next guy. Stop trying to out do the other church denominations that are not found anywhere in the Bible because they do not exist. It is time to worship our Lord in spirit and in truth. It is time to stand as one body in Christ and walk this road together. Today is the day of salvation and there is hope for all that walk right now. But that hope can be over for anyone that is unsaved at anytime. What did our church leaders do about it? Stop discouraging those with the zeal and start standing with them.

Churchianity is a counterfeit church system setup by Satan but God allows it because it will hasten the Lord's return (in the negative sense). Satan's main strategy is to put out "qualified" pastors from theological seminaries and bible colleges to control/blind the masses, restrict God's work by limiting lay-person participation via something called a pastoral/priestly qualification or authority and "church attendance" (as opposed to actually doing something worthwhile). This is in contrast to the apostles view in 1 Corinthians 14 where he encouraged everyone to preach God's Word and that everyone has a function and a gift and he didn't mean just making cups of coffee and cleaning the toilets either. I used to attend such a church where it was absolutely impossible to do anything without the pastors permission or physical attendance. Every bible study, every outreach program, had to be attended by the pastor himself, or it could not happen and anything that looked like something the pastor should do (anything of spiritual value) had to be done by him.

Last edited:
Hi Ushalk,
I loved reading your message 'Stop Churchianity!!!!!!' and I have been ridiculed as a Christian for not attending a building where God is worshipped.
I have been searching for a group of believers, (people who are trusting in Jesus Christ as their only means of being Saved) and to date I have not found any such group in my city.
Sure there are plenty of 'Church's' professing to be Christian, yet they act like a disco club.
Man! this does sadden me so very much and I do pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ that He opens the door to a group of true believers.
Perhaps my prayer has been answered today!

Last edited:
Loyal
I don't this this is very productive. It's easy to pick out the faults and failings of leaders, but it does very little good.

Apply a simple test. Looking at a leader ask yourself - 'are they leading people closer to Jesus', or 'does their leadership look like the Lord's Prayer in action' or 'is their leadership centred on Jesus Christ crucified, risen and glorified' or any other core gospel question. If you can answer yes, follow, support, respect, pray for them. If you feel the need to address problems, do so appropriately. Don't gossip. Don't nurture division.

If you cannot answer yes, then don't follow them. There's no need to complain about their leadership or to publicly criticise. Every leader has more than enough criticism to deal with anyway. Even Paul had to expend huge amounts of energy countering the naysayers.

Put it this way: even if we managed to rid the church of every weak and self-serving leader we would not progress very far. All we would have is fewer leaders. If we put our energy into supporting strong leaders, and nuturing the potential of godly young leaders, the church could be utterly transformed in a matter of decades.

Hi Ushalk,
I loved reading your message 'Stop Churchianity!!!!!!' and I have been ridiculed as a Christian for not attending a building where God is worshipped.
I have been searching for a group of believers, (people who are trusting in Jesus Christ as their only means of being Saved) and to date I have not found any such group in my city.
Sure there are plenty of 'Church's' professing to be Christian, yet they act like a disco club.
Man! this does sadden me so very much and I do pray to God in the name of Jesus Christ that He opens the door to a group of true believers.
Perhaps my prayer has been answered today!

I am with you on all of this brother.

Loyal
A church is simply a building, and a church can be anywhere.
But a church can not be one person. A church is a group of people no matter how large or how small (where two or more are gathered).
Without the church, there would be no body of Christ. The church is the body.
Without other people in our lives we cannot pray for one another, love one another, hold each other accountable, lift up one another, encourage one another, or help one another.
The Bible not to forsake the assembling together of believers. Jesus taught in a temple (not always). Paul and some of the other disciples also taught in the temple.
God told the Jews in the wilderness to build a temple. He also had them build a temple in Jerusalem.
All churches aren't necessarily a bad thing.

A church is simply a building, and a church can be anywhere.
But a church can not be one person. A church is a group of people no matter how large or how small (where two or more are gathered).
Without the church, there would be no body of Christ. The church is the body.
Without other people in our lives we cannot pray for one another, love one another, hold each other accountable, lift up one another, encourage one another, or help one another.
The Bible not to forsake the assembling together of believers. Jesus taught in a temple (not always). Paul and some of the other disciples also taught in the temple.
God told the Jews in the wilderness to build a temple. He also had them build a temple in Jerusalem.
All churches aren't necessarily a bad thing.

I believe that point was made in the writing. No a church is not a building. Nowhere is that in the Bible. Church are those that have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. There is nothing that I recall as to the apostles teaching in the building. In acts it states that Peter and John went into the temple at time for prayer. But the point is that leaders teach false church and membership to people as salvation rather than Christ. He is the only way to salvation and that is what needs to be taught. I go to church myself. But I know the truth and false when it is spoken because of Christ. Membership is wrong.

Loyal
Even so, they still went.
As for Jesus, here are a few.

Matt 12:9; Departing from there, He went into their synagogue.
Matt 12:10; And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"--so that they might accuse Him.

Matt 13:54; He came to His hometown and began teaching them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?
Matt 13:55; "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?

Mark 1:21; They *went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and began to teach.
Mark 1:22; They were amazed at His teaching; for He was teaching them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
Mark 6:2; When the Sabbath came, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands?

Luke 4:14; And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.
Luke 4:15; And He began teaching in their synagogues and was praised by all.
Luke 4:16; And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

Luke 6:6; On another Sabbath He entered the synagogue and was teaching; and there was a man there whose right hand was withered.
John 6:59; These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

Matt 21:14; And the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
Mark 12:35; And Jesus began to say, as He taught in the temple, "How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David?
Mark 14:49; "Every day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me; but this has taken place to fulfill the Scriptures."

As for the disciples, here are a few.
Acts 5:18; They laid hands on the apostles and put them in a public jail.
Acts 5:19; But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the gates of the prison, and taking them out he said,
Acts 5:20; "Go, stand and speak to the people in the temple the whole message of this Life."
Acts 5:21; Upon hearing this, they entered into the temple about daybreak and began to teach. Now when the high priest and his associates came, they called the Council together, even all the Senate of the sons of Israel, and sent orders to the prison house for them to be brought.

Acts 14:1; In Iconium they entered the synagogue of the Jews together, and spoke in such a manner that a large number of people believed, both of Jews and of Greeks.
Acts 13:43; Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God.
Acts 13:44; The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord.
Acts 13:45; But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, and were blaspheming.
Acts 18:24; Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.
Acts 18:25; This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;
Acts 18:26; and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.
Acts 19:6; And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.
Acts 19:7; There were in all about twelve men.
Acts 19:8; And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

As for being a member of a building or part of the body...

Eph 2:20; having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
Eph 2:21; in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22; in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Rom 12:4; For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function,
Rom 12:5; so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Practically the entire chapter of 1 Cor has a theme about how members of the church make up the body

1 Cor 12:14; For the body is not one member, but many.
1 Cor 12:15; If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
1 Cor 12:16; And if the ear says, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
1 Cor 12:17; If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
1 Cor 12:18; But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
1 Cor 12:19; If they were all one member, where would the body be?
1 Cor 12:20; But now there are many members, but one body.

Heb 10:24; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
Heb 10:25; not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

1 Thes 5:11; Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

I believe that point was made in the writing. No a church is not a building. Nowhere is that in the Bible. Church are those that have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. There is nothing that I recall as to the apostles teaching in the building. In acts it states that Peter and John went into the temple at time for prayer. But the point is that leaders teach false church and membership to people as salvation rather than Christ. He is the only way to salvation and that is what needs to be taught. I go to church myself. But I know the truth and false when it is spoken because of Christ. Membership is wrong.

This comes down to word play really. Strictly speaking, a church (in its original/derivative meaning) is a building, an assembly of people is an Ekklesia. At one point the word church for building also became the same word used to mean assembly. Therein lies the confusion today.

If you are not a member of a Capital C Church, which in the U.S. is almost always incorporated under the Internal Revenue Service, and if you are not following false doctrines, then you might be a member of the remnant. But remember that for dispensationmalism, the dominant system of false doctrines in the churches, the remnant of Israel does not exist in the Church Age. In dispensationalism the 144,000, as a remnant are all virgin male Jews, and the remnant in Revelation 12: 7, for dispensationalism, does not exist, or it is said to be something else, for example, what is left of the seed of the metaphoric Woman, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Last edited:
This comes down to word play really. Strictly speaking, a church (in its original/derivative meaning) is a building, an assembly of people is an Ekklesia. At one point the word church for building also became the same word used to mean assembly. Therein lies the confusion today.

I think your theology might be a little off on this one. Ekklesia is the gathering together of. That has nothing to do with the building. However buildings are not the actual problem here. Denominations, false doctrines, salvational lies, manipulations of business and that being called the church is the actual problem. Take the older meaning to get the true meaning. No confusion. Just people trying to change things to what they want it to be.

Last edited:
Even so, they still went.
As for Jesus, here are a few.

Matt 12:9; Departing from there, He went into their synagogue.
Matt 12:10; And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"--so that they might accuse Him.

Matt 13:54; He came to His hometown and began teaching them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?
Matt 13:55; "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?

Mark 1:21; They *went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and began to teach.
Mark 1:22; They were amazed at His teaching; for He was teaching them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.
Mark 6:2; When the Sabbath came, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man get these things, and what is this wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands?

Luke 4:14; And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about Him spread through all the surrounding district.
Luke 4:15; And He began teaching in their synagogues and was praised by all.
Luke 4:16; And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

Luke 6:6; On another Sabbath He entered the synagogue and was teaching; and there was a man there whose right hand was withered.
John 6:59; These things He said in the synagogue as He taught in Capernaum.

Matt 21:14; And the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
Mark 12:35; And Jesus began to say, as He taught in the temple, "How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the son of David?
Mark 14:49; "Every day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me; but this has taken place to fulfill the Scriptures."

As for the disciples, here are a few.
Acts 5:18; They laid hands on the apostles and put them in a public jail.
Acts 5:19; But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the gates of the prison, and taking them out he said,
Acts 5:20; "Go, stand and speak to the people in the temple the whole message of this Life."
Acts 5:21; Upon hearing this, they entered into the temple about daybreak and began to teach. Now when the high priest and his associates came, they called the Council together, even all the Senate of the sons of Israel, and sent orders to the prison house for them to be brought.

Acts 14:1; In Iconium they entered the synagogue of the Jews together, and spoke in such a manner that a large number of people believed, both of Jews and of Greeks.
Acts 13:43; Now when the meeting of the synagogue had broken up, many of the Jews and of the God-fearing proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, were urging them to continue in the grace of God.
Acts 13:44; The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord.
Acts 13:45; But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, and were blaspheming.
Acts 18:24; Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures.
Acts 18:25; This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John;
Acts 18:26; and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.
Acts 19:6; And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying.
Acts 19:7; There were in all about twelve men.
Acts 19:8; And he entered the synagogue and continued speaking out boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading them about the kingdom of God.

As for being a member of a building or part of the body...

Eph 2:20; having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
Eph 2:21; in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22; in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Rom 12:4; For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function,
Rom 12:5; so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Practically the entire chapter of 1 Cor has a theme about how members of the church make up the body

1 Cor 12:14; For the body is not one member, but many.
1 Cor 12:15; If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
1 Cor 12:16; And if the ear says, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
1 Cor 12:17; If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
1 Cor 12:18; But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.
1 Cor 12:19; If they were all one member, where would the body be?
1 Cor 12:20; But now there are many members, but one body.

Heb 10:24; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
Heb 10:25; not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

1 Thes 5:11; Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

And then Jesus stopped going into the synagogue (which also is not church) to do his ministry. What version of the Bible are you using?

Loyal
What version of the Bible are you using?

The verses above are all from the New American Standard Version. But I would be happy to send another translation.
What translation would you like?

I think your theology might be a little off on this one. Ekklesia is the gathering together of. That has nothing to do with the building. However buildings are not the actual problem here. Denominations, false doctrines, salvational lies, manipulations of business and that being called the church is the actual problem. Take the older meaning to get the true meaning. No confusion. Just people trying to change things to what they want it to be.

The older meaning or true meaning of church is the building, or more specifically a pagan temple, is what I'm saying. Therefore the statement "church is the building" is correct. But most people, due to erroneous bible translations, wrongly use the term church to mean the Ekklesia, and therefore arrive at a conclusion that "church is the people", which is the deviation from the original meaning of the word church.

Tyndale's 1525 translation used the word churche only twice, referring to temples used for idol worship.
His translation of the word ekklesia was congregacion.

Acts 14:13 Then Iupiters Preste which dwelt before their cite brought oxe and garlondes vnto the churche porche and wolde have done sacrifise with the people. (<abbr title="Tyndale's 1525 translation of the New Testament">TYN</abbr>)Acts 19:37 For ye have brought hyther these me[n] whiche are nether robbers of churches nor yet despisers of youre goddes. (<abbr title="Tyndale's 1525 translation of the New Testament">TYN</abbr>)

But later English translations translated the word ekklesia to church.
So I suggest using Tyndale's 1525 translation to get the right meaning.

Most of the Bibles used today are using a derivative word from the original Greek which originally meant a pagan temple.

Therefore whenever a person says "I am going to church", and they mean the building, they are really saying "I am going to the pagan temple", and there you have, a good definition of what Churchianity really is. It is a mixture of the things of God with things of the world, aka paganism, and is known as Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation. This is evident if we travel to the great cathedrals of Europe see all of the idols that are inside these buildings. In contrast, Jesus said God only cares how we worship, not where we worship (John 4:24)

Last edited:
Active

RJ

• A church is full of sinners, many of whom are comitting the "Unpardonable Sin". I dare say you can find a perfect church but you should move if you feel God is moving you in that direction.
  • My church is full of true Christians I am sure but, after 10 years, I have yet found a single person who will sit down and just talk Jesus with me. Maybe I will find another church.
  • In the mean time I keep these three things first and know all else will fall into place

1. Me
  2. My Bible
  3. And the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
  • A church is full of sinners, many of whom are comitting the "Unpardonable Sin". I dare say you can find a perfect church but you should move if you feel God is moving you in that direction.
  • My church is full of true Christians I am sure but, after 10 years, I have yet found a single person who will sit down and just talk Jesus with me. Maybe I will find another church.
  • In the mean time I keep these three things first and know all else will fall into place

1. Me
  2. My Bible
  3. And the Holy Spirit.

That is a great point. However, I would love to sit with anyone and just talk Jesus. It is hard to see Christ in churches. Not because of sinners being in there, rather because he has not truly been welcomed or taught in the buildings for a long time. There might be a few but they are so far and few in between we would probably searching our whole lives out to find them.

Ephesians 2:20 (KJV) And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
[h=3]Ephesians 2:21 (KJV)[/h]In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

[h=3]Ephesians 2:22 (KJV)[/h]In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

The word building here is not talking about the building, it is talking about the body of Christ. The word building here is symbolic not actual.

Active

RJ

That is a great point. However, I would love to sit with anyone and just talk Jesus. It is hard to see Christ in churches. Not because of sinners being in there, rather because he has not truly been welcomed or taught in the buildings for a long time. There might be a few but they are so far and few in between we would probably searching our whole lives out to find them.
I agree with others how important church is and how we are called for that but, they shouldn't disagree that a personal relationship with Christ is first and foremost.

Last edited:
The verses above are all from the New American Standard Version. But I would be happy to send another translation.
What translation would you like?

I was just wondering the translation because it is one that I am not very familiar with. The verses are the same.

These are not talking about building or denomination either. True believers are 1 body with many members. But if you do not become a member of one of our great denominations floating around the earth here, you are probably not saved and your going to go to hell without that great membership to our fine incorporated businesses. But I am the one that has it all wrong.

Last edited: