• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Stoned laws?

Loyal
I have smoked enough "pot" in my early life to kill a horse. I can surly say by experience that driving while stoned effects ones judgment, and ability to drive safely. While drunk drivers drive to fast, stoned drivers drive to slow. The first time I ever smoked pot I got busted. You can not drive 10 MPH down beach boulevard when the speed limit is 50 MPH.

Loyal
Is smoking weed a sin?

Usually when we have to ask if something is a sin, it is. We should always listen to our conscience whether something is right or wrong.
I know pot is used for certain medical purposes, but just about anybody can get that, so they can stay stoned legally. :).

Act 23:1.. And looking intently at the council, Paul said, "Brothers, I have lived my life before God in all good conscience up to this day."

Usually when we have to ask if something is a sin, it is. We should always listen to our conscience whether something is right or wrong.
I know pot is used for certain medical purposes, but just about anybody can get that, so they can stay stoned legally. :).

Act 23:1.. And looking intently at the council, Paul said, "Brothers, I have lived my life before God in all good conscience up to this day."
Thank you so much for your help!
Each day God gives me strength and knowledge. There is just a lot of talk about a lot of states in America making it legal and I just wanted to ask because everyone on this forum helps in more ways than they even know!!!
I guess things like alcohol or drugs are used to numb ourselves and we don't need any of it, we only need God.

Loyal
Is smoking weed a sin?

Two Bible verses come to mind, first

1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

and second

Ephesians 5:18
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Corinthians 6:19 reminds us that as Christians we should be mindful the God lives in us through the Holy Spirit. Our body
is His temple. So ask yourself, does God want His temple smelling like weed? Yes? No? Ask God and He will answer.

Ephesians reminds us that we should always be in control and of sober mind. Though the verse relates to alcohol, it can be used
to talk about any drug or substance that takes away control from the mind. I have not smoked but I hear that it effects the will power and can lead to hallucination. I do work with many teens that do smoke and I can attest that their motivation is zapped terribly. If God has great works for us to do, will it be hindered my smoking pot because we have lost motivation or will it be made easier?

I think the answer to those two question should give one a pretty good idea as to what the answer is.
Personally speaking I interpret the scriptures to lead us in the way of wisdom which means don't smoke weed.

Loyal
"Abstain from all appearance of evil." I Thess 5:22

Appearance to whom? Primarily, of course, to God, but we are also our brother's keeper, like it or not. If we are doing something that doesn't bother us personally, such as for example drinking a beer or smoking a joint, we also need to consider who is watching us and how it will affect those watchers.

"And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin." Rom 14:23

Active
Thank you so much for your help!
Each day God gives me strength and knowledge. There is just a lot of talk about a lot of states in America making it legal and I just wanted to ask because everyone on this forum helps in more ways than they even know!!!
I guess things like alcohol or drugs are used to numb ourselves and we don't need any of it, we only need God.
People drink and get stoned because they want peace. Christians have God's peace that surpasses all understanding Phil 4:7.