• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Standing Strong

Staff Member
Thus Saul saw and knew that the LORD [was] with David, and [that] Michal, Saul's daughter, loved him; and Saul was still more afraid of David. So Saul became David's enemy continually. 1 Samuel 18:28-29

Saul set his bride price for his daughter, Michal, at one hundred Philistine foreskins, believing David would perish in his attempt to get them. Not only did David survive, but he returned with two hundred foreskins, causing Saul to realize that God was mightily with David. So he greatly feared this astonishing young man from Bethlehem.

David already knew that Saul's intentions couldn't have been honorable, given that Saul had already tried to impale David twice with his javelin (1 Samuel 18:11). But David also knew that God was with him, and he trusted Him. This therefore made him fearless as he went into battle against the Philistines.

Are you currently facing a situation at work or school in which your boss or teacher might not have your best interests in mind? Maybe he or she isn't happy about you being a Christian and plans to make things difficult for you. Based on your response does he or she see that God is with you? If not, what can you change to help make that a reality?

Prayer: Lord, my current situation is unnerving. It would be easier to stay quiet about what I believe, but that wouldn't be honoring You. Grant me the courage and strength to represent You well.