• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Spiritualists. What should we say?

Active
What can I as a Christian say to a spiritualist who talk about asking to the universe to help?
Should we talk about God when this kind of conversation arises?
Thank you.

Active
What can I as a Christian say to a spiritualist who talk about asking to the universe to help?
Should we talk about God when this kind of conversation arises?
Thank you.
Hi Josephine, Many people see spiritualists as charlatans, but there is a precedent, Saul approached the witch of Endor to bring Samual back, even though, he himself as king, had forbidden the practice. I believe that most mediums are false, but those who genuinely do make spiritual contact, I believe, are more than likely contacting dark forces. I once had a conversation with a man who professed to dabbling in spiritism, I explained, that the medium, only has the word of whatever spirit they are contacting as to their authenticity, and that Satan is the father of lies. I mentioned the Holy Spirit, and how, through Jesus, we can have a relationship with him, who never lies and wishes to be our counsellor. I pray this helps, bless you.

Active
Hi Josephine, Many people see spiritualists as charlatans, but there is a precedent, Saul approached the witch of Endor to bring Samual back, even though, he himself as king, had forbidden the practice. I believe that most mediums are false, but those who genuinely do make spiritual contact, I believe, are more than likely contacting dark forces. I once had a conversation with a man who professed to dabbling in spiritism, I explained, that the medium, only has the word of whatever spirit they are contacting as to their authenticity, and that Satan is the father of lies. I mentioned the Holy Spirit, and how, through Jesus, we can have a relationship with him, who never lies and wishes to be our counsellor. I pray this helps, bless you.
Thank you Trevor.
That was very helpful.
I'm sure if medium/spiritualists, do see this post they may think again about their practices and consider the authenticity of who exactly they are communicating with.
Blessed brother :love:

I would find a way to prove to them that Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible is the truth.
Look up "Truth Unveiled Part Two" on YouTube by the user "GoodFruitForGod".
Show them this video and hopefully God will open their eyes to see the truth.
That's what I do anyways.

Say that if He/She's praying to the universe, than you expect she calculated that the universe should have intelligence and cabability to understand our problems. That leads to God. Later on you tell her that you have a connection to this God trough Jesus Crist.

Active
I would find a way to prove to them that Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible is the truth.
Look up "Truth Unveiled Part Two" on YouTube by the user "GoodFruitForGod".
Show them this video and hopefully God will open their eyes to see the truth.
That's what I do anyways.
Thank you BlessedCreator.
I will tell them of that link on YouTube and pray. :love:

Active
Say that if He/She's praying to the universe, than you expect she calculated that the universe should have intelligence and cabability to understand our problems. That leads to God. Later on you tell her that you have a connection to this God trough Jesus Crist.
Thank you Krythy93. That sounds like a good angle to go in to it, I will try that. :grinning: