• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Spiderman 3

I saw "Spiderman 3" friday night. My daughter (14) and my nephew (20) both seemed to think it was ... lacking.

like they were disappointed.

I loved it!! I thought the message of forgiveness was beautiful and It made the message clear that unforgiveness and bitterness bring ruin, but choosing to forgive brings freedom.

Forgiveness is a choice.

What did you think of the new spidey movie?

Last edited:
I didn't see it yet b/c I am on a Navy Base over seas but when it comes I'm all over it. I love that is has somewhat of an allegorical message, even if it wasn't intentional. Sometimes what drives people (knowledge of GOD) comes out through their artwork without themselves even realizing it. I read an interview of the guy who made the new Superman and he said he purposely filled it with Messianic themes.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
I didn't see it yet b/c I am on a Navy Base over seas but when it comes I'm all over it. I love that is has somewhat of an allegorical message, even if it wasn't intentional. Sometimes what drives people (knowledge of GOD) comes out through their artwork without themselves even realizing it. I read an interview of the guy who made the new Superman and he said he purposely filled it with Messianic themes.

That's awesome. Can you give more details about this? I'm curious. I never watched the new superman movie, but sounds interesting.

I loved the movie. I just saw it with my brother and sister. I think that it was the best movie out of the series so far. I too, liked the message of forgiveness that the movie had.

Strypes I totally agree with you about the movie, it shows how sin can overcome and become the person when it is given the opportunity and to forgive or to be bitter is a choice

I had to take a few clients to it Saturday. It was pretty good. I was able to be the first one in the theatre so I was able to put some tracts in the cup holders. God bless. :)

I haven't seen it. Due to handicapping I have to wait until it comes out on DVD so I can see it home on my computer. However the "Moral of the story" sounds great. Very like Spy Kids 3 where an old spy who was crippled by the villain years earlier, captures him but forgives him and talks about how the crippling was actually used for good.

I saw Spiderman on Saturday and enjoyed it thoroughly.

I too especially liked the forgiveness part but it was so sad at the end, I had tears in my eyes but got rid of it before the two children that went with me saw

That movie was awesome. I loved how they made the twist about Ben's death... wait I won't give it away =)

It was the best Spiderman movie out of all of them. Eddie Brock was cool.

Kez :love:

spiderman3

i went to see this movie too , ...adding only as my my 9yr old son likes him , but i must admit it was the best out of the three. a really good film.

Formerly Adiaglow
We are big Spidey fans, and unfortunatley neither one of us liked it as much as the others. I thought the club scene was a little lame. I don't like it when they try to make Tobey act goofy. lol ;)

That's awesome. Can you give more details about this? I'm curious. I never watched the new superman movie, but sounds interesting.
I suggest you try to get the book, The Gospel According to the World's Greatest Superhero by Stephen Skelton. The book outlines all the similarities between Superman and our Lord Jesus Christ that appeared in comics, movies, etc.

I liked Spiderman 3 a lot. I like how my favorite character was forgiven in the end. It was soo sweet but soo sad. My personal favorite of the 3 movies.

Thanks for the tip!Has anybody seen the movie,My X Super Girl Friend?Or something lke that lol.Definately PG,but very funny.I saw it last night on cable.Thanks for the tip on the new Superman movie too.Jesus is going to take over Hollywood oneday.:eek:)