• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Soul mate, Where are you?

I think what is most important here is to see your motives and whether they allign to God's

It has been mentioned to Seek God's kingdom first.

Psalm 37 says that if we delight ourselves in the Lord He will give the desires of our heart BUT first we need to trust and obey Him.

Ask yourself if there is anything you need to be doing for God or if He has any promise on your life and if so then pursue that first. Then as you do so and build up friends first, the love of your life will see your godly nature and fall for God within you.

We walk by faith and not by sight...relationships are a way to prove this...can you trust God enough to give Him all your desires and accept if He says for you to wait or for you to be single?

Food for thought.....

Sealightbreeze:

Well, I can say that I'm not really sure if Yahweh wants me to marry. From past experience and soul-searching I think that I have the ability to remain celibate the rest of my life, but I also think that I could be married and not have the marriage detract greatly from my relationship with Yahweh. I could be wrong, but with help it may be that I could marry and not lessen my relationship with Yahweh at all.

I have felt that I should not commit myself to living celibate for the rest of my life, and that maybe later it will be time for me to marry. I have also thought that, rather than seek a wife, I may be called to be available to a woman who is in need of a husband and can't seem to find a good Christian man. With that in mind, I would be open to talking further with you to determine if it is the will of Yahweh for us to seek a relationship.

As per Ephesians 5, I believe "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." and "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;".

I believe that the Bible should generally be interpreted literally. I believe that we should take matters of doctrine seriously and to investigate other peoples' claims with fair-mindedness. I believe that Christians will suffer persecution, and that a Christian family should be ready to both be persecuted and to depart from those who persecute them. I believe in both discipline and brotherly love. I believe that when we see a brother or sister sin we should correct them in love.

Personally, I am a calm, mostly quiet person who rarely gets angry. I do have a sense of humor, but often where one person laughs out loud I softly chuckle. However I have, on occasion, laughed so hard that I cried and couldn't breathe. I have written a few poems. Here's a small one that came upon me at the end of this winter, I might incorporate it into a larger one sometime:

The last rays of the day's sun
Peer out through the green boughs
Laden with only as much white snow
As the day's wind allows

I love Yahweh, math, logic, and the great outdoors. I don't watch TV, but I do keep up on news on the radio, and I also sometimes like to listen to the Adventures in Odyssey program on the radio. I am 21 years old. I have two older brothers, two younger brothers, and a younger sister. My younger sister (who is 19) recently got married to a fine, upstanding Christian man from Iowa. They had been writing letters and he came up to see her. A few weeks later they decided that they wanted to get married. Our families approved, and after a several-months-long engagement they were married last Sabbath.

In Yahweh's Love and Truth,

Christ's Serf

thank you. I know in my heart, that God has a person picked out for everyone. It is just having to find that right special person. :)

I agree with SmileBig and would like to add to the post

Hello,

I am a married woman of 11 years and God brought my husband to me when I was 19 years old. The Lord showed me about a year prior to meeting my husband that if I delighted in Him that He would give me the desires of my heart. As was said by SmileBig in Psalm 37.

However, the Lord also told me not to focus on finding my soul mate. I was lead, rather, to focus on my relationship with Him and work on becoming the person that God wanted me to be. He showed me that when I became the "right" person for my husband then He would bring him, "my soul mate", to me.

How can someone attract a Godly spouse, if they themselves are not Godly?

I would recommend being clear with your current "boy friend" that this relationship is purely platonic - just friends. That way you will be free to work on your relationship with the Lord and become a whole person on your own, allowing Him to mold you and shape you into the woman that He wants you to be.

Although, being single is hard and at times quite lonely. Being married and having a family is even harder. Allow the Holy Spirit to refine you by His Holy Fire as much as possible before you become married and have a family. This will make the refining process while you are married a little less painful.

Marriage is not designed to bring out the best in you right away. It is actually designed to grind you and stretch you and refine you in ways you never could be refined on your own. The little things that you think are wonderful about your fiance become the things that "push your buttons" as he becomes your husband.

This is God's plan and purpose to prune and refine you, so that one day He will have the best fruit from your life possible. All to His Glory.

So, my recommendation is just to delight yourself in the Lord and become the woman that God wants you to be. This will attract the most Godly Christian Husband you could ever imagine. Actually, God does exceedingly, abundantly more than you could ever think or imagine.

Love in Christ,
Hopeforall

Lonely single mom

Hey guys Im Tina 34f nl canada divorced single mom of two boys. I am in search of some happiness in my life and I hope my soulmate will find me soon...it gets lonely when there no one there for me.:love:

Well, I have never been married. I am still searching. But, I will pray for you blondebbwnewfi. I pray, that you find a friend and soul mate through the Lord.

I am looking for my soulmate too, im 25 years old I live in wisconsin and I am a college student going for computer programing.

Kat

Finding Soulmate

Well, I have been praying and all that for many years as well. I'm 26 and have not found. And I know I have that desire for more than 10 yrs, to find a soul mate. And God has not answered. And recently, I even questioned if it will ever come true.

I don't know what is God's will for me. And it is hard because I don't just walk on streets and see couples every day now. I am also receiving more than 10 wedding cards a year. It gets lonely when all my friends start to have boyfriends and get married one by one. I find myself having less people to go out with and all that.

But I suppose it is not within my control. I would really want the man God chooses for me. If not, I think it's better not to be married. So I suppose I've got to learn to rejoice in God and know that Him alone is enough. I think at least for now that's what God wants me to learn. It doesn't matter whether there's a boyfriend or not, but it matters to learn to trust and have faith in Him. Believe that in time, He will provide all needs.

Kat

You sound just like me, sealightbreeze. I turned 24 this year. But eversince I finished highschool I have been having recurring dreams about this guy and I always wonder if he is real. The wait is very hard but I think its best to wait.

friends...

:girl::girl:hi...

it is hard to wait.... but ....just be patient mate!
it is hard to hear others said you are a fool...
but... dont be desperate, our God is the best!
sometimes you will find yourself lonely...
but hey!! ...Jesus is always there !!! don't you see?
sometimes you will feel unworthed..
but by God we has been expensively paid.
sometimes you will wonder where is your soulmate, you've been dreaming for years...
but....what man can't see, just been prepared for us...just wait wisely!

hmmm...the point is...just be patient friends! and wait faithfully!
God bless!

" Tonight I saw a shooting star
Made me wonder where you are
For years I have been dreaming of you
And I wonder if you're thinking of me too
In this world of cheap romance
And love that only fades after the dance
They say that I'm a fool to wait for something more
How can I really love someone I've never seen before
But I have longed for true love every day that I have lived
And I know real love is all about learning how to give
So I pray that God will bring you to me
And I pray you'll find me waiting faithfully

'Cause this kind of love's worth waiting for
No matter how long it takes I am yours
Tonight I saw two lovers kiss
Reminded me of my own lonliness
They say that I'm a fool to keep on praying for you
How's can I give up pleasure for a dream that won't come true
But I will keep believing that God still has a plan
And though I cannot see you now, I know that He can
And someday I will give you all of me
Until I find you, I'll be waiting faïthfully

CHORUS
Faithfully, I am yours
From now until forever
Faithfully, I will write
Write you a love song with my life

oo... dear my husband to be... do you feel the same with me?
faithfully, Im yours!

cheers!

Last edited:
I too, am searching for my soul mate. I sort of have a boyfriend. Right now, I am not sure- we seem more like just friends, we have never kissed or anything, so it is more friendship, which is fine with me, as I do not want to marry this guy.

I know that God already has the person chosen for me. It is hard to wait though. I am 23 year old, never been married or any serious relationship. I know God has a soul mate for me, because (I can never see their face) have dreamed of him.

My mom says be patient. But, it is hard when you go out and see couples all the time- holding hands, laughing together, etc. Sometimes it just seems to hurt your heart. :embarasseSo, I am still waiting

if i can say my opinion,you don't need a soul mate because in heaven you probably won't want him/her in heaven/ again this is only an opinion

The Lord works in wonderful ways sealightbreeze.
I 21yrs old and single like you and I have put my trust in the Lord to find my soul mate.

Sometimes it is hard to watch my friends find their partners and as none of my friends have been saved they don't undestand why I am waiting and so I tell them that evrything I am and everything I have to give will go on this one person who will be found for me!
I know that at some point our paths will cross and The Lord will make it clear to me that this is the man He has chosen for me.
If in dout pray and ask.

Keep strong and God bless

hi just enjoy your time making friends///friends are important to have//god will bring the right person into your life/be patient and wiat upon the lords will//i didnt find my soulmate ttill i was 50yrs old//trust in jesus///gelly

hi just enjoy your time making friends///friends are important to have//god will bring the right person into your life/be patient and wiat upon the lords will//i didnt find my soulmate ttill i was 50yrs old//trust in jesus///gelly

I have a friend who never keeps 1 boyfriend for a month because something always screws up....the last one is starting to send prank calls

It is good to wait now, so you will not wait later, you know who ever rush into something will definatly rush out, so my advise to you is to be pacient and dont run your rase basse on your friends paste. dont do what peaple are doing because you have to do it too, but just wait for your time. your time is the best time for you to get married.he who finds a wife/husband has find a good thing and abtain favour from the Lord.

lolz, this is the most viewed thread here at 'soulmate' section....

there a saying...

"TIME IS YOUR FRIEND... those who are willing to wait for God's will discovers He gives us more than what we asked for."

:umbrellafly: :couplefly: :kissfly:

Last edited:
lolz, this is the most viewed thread here at 'soulmate' section....

there a saying...

"TIME IS YOUR FRIEND... those who are willing to wait for God's will discovers He gives us more than what we asked for."

:umbrellafly: :couplefly: :kissfly:

actually i think we shouldn't try many because it hurts when they leave

God - our perfect match-maker

DATING IN CHRISTIANITY…COULD BE DANGEROUS IN PARTNER'S SELECTION! SEEK GOD'S FACE IN PRAYER.
Read Proverbs 2:7-27; Ecclesiastes 11:9-10, 2Timothy 2:22; Colossians 3:5, Romans 12:1-12; 1John 2:15-17, 2corinthians 6:1-4, 14-18

Dating – The habit of letting two young folks or older folks out together to try each other. It is a custom imported from the world into the Christianity because it never happened in the Bible days. The theory of try first and get acquainted is a strange fire, “sweetheart meeting” to bring boys of 14 and 16 and 17 who are not dry enough behind their ears, and have not finished their schooling yet have their girlfriends (Sin partners) which they take to “drive – ins “ and park by themselves ….. and imagine what will happen when you put two fires together and expose them to passion and youthful lust !!! Then parents cry and weep when they find so many of the present day marriages are not lasting! Why? Because these boys and girls are so used to having so many affairs with different girls that they go back to the old life easily. And marriage is no more taught as holy sacred union that cannot be broken for life, as the scripture declares!
God is a God of orderliness, when a young man has established himself in a profession and began to earn enough money whereby he can feed himself and a wife, then he should start praying that the Lord will guide to God’s choice for him to be a helpmate and establish a home and raise Godly seed. At that time, through prayer and waiting on God, He will surely guide him to the right one he has prepare for him to accomplish God’s great plan in their life.
God children should not run around like dogs and cats… date this one and hug the other, kissing, and flirting to gratify the lusts of the flesh! as this is all sinful and whoredom in the eyes of the Lord. We are called unto holiness whether we are single or married.
Parents, how are you dressing your girls? In a way to attract Boys? Why do you want her to attract boys before you want her to get married! For a pleasure? Fun (immorality)? Who told you that your girl will never get married if you don’t allow her like other girls, who dress up in lustful attire to seduce boys and men? That is a bunch of lies of the devil. “God has promised Not to withhold any good things from those that walk uprightly” (Psalm 84:11}. ReadDeuteronomy22:13-21.
Ladies’ (Girls) security and assurance of a permanent marriage is in her virginity till the she marries? In the Middle East, in Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, and Syria, just as the Bible teaches…when parents give their girl to be married, both parents of the two parties stay outside awake, the same night they come together and a handkerchief is given to the man that when he enters to sleep with his wife, he will use the handkerchief to wipe the blood when her virginity is broken and that handkerchief is given immediately to the parents of the girl, who are very proud of it because they gave a virgin to be married and not that has been played with before; and the handkerchief is called “token of her virginity”.
This is why family life is preserved in those countries more than in the so-called advanced nations. where so much liberty is given that leads them into corruption. Now, the advanced nations has turned to be more barbarians, morally and physically than the savages! Looking at the rate of rape and killing and murder including abortions, we have in the advanced nations and the divorce is greater today than the marriage rate, you seldom here of even one divorce in the Middle East . Read Ezekiel 43:8-9; Hosea 4:11-14; Ephesians 5:5-8; Hebrews 13:4. No Whoremonger or unclean person…hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words; if you have to walk all alone for a time, God will lead to your own bone of the bone, and flesh of your flesh that want to be holy and have real JOY and happiness and not the dregs of the cup of sin and darkness that brings disappointments.
So what goes on in dating and all the flirting and inordinate affections and hugging is uncleanness andwhoredom and all that do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God . Ephesians 5:5. Girls who dress immodestly and stir lust in boys or men will be judged by God unchanging law. For God did not create man just for sex gratification but for His own glory, to show forth the praise of God in all things we do (Isaiah 43:21).

Akinbowale Isaac Adewumi.