• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

some "good sense commandments" even for today (Deut 21:10-25:19)

Active
PARASHA: KiTeste (when you go out)

DEUT 21:10-25:19................ISAIAH 54:1-10...............MATT 5:27-30

This Parasha starts with..."when you go out to war against your enemies....and you see a beautiful woman among the captives....." well, some commandments were for the Israelite community thousands of years ago, a soldier could take a captive woman for himself, and marry her, with, one could imagine, the end result, the BIG picture, is that the woman would worship YHVH as her ONLY God and LORD, and accept the Torah way of life, through the influence of her husband, but today, we can not expect a soldier to go overseas and bring back a captive woman to make her his wife, kind of dangerous I would say, he might get a female terrorist, a "Talibaness" and end up with a "knife-in-the-back"
not to mention the cultural and religious difference, as well as language.

21:15 "If a man has two wives, one loved and the other unloved......" read through verse 17, It was never Adonai's perfect will for a man to have more than one wife, only if the wife dies, he could marry again. But it was part of the middle east culture to have multiple wives, Jacob, being an example, had many problems, preferring two sons over the others, Yosef and Benjamyn, being the sons of his beloved Rachel, caused family strife, this commandment is teaching us to "treat all of our family as equals, not preferring one son or daughter over another, and especially when giving out inheritance, sharing equally is the best way. if a father has $10,000, and three sons and two daughters, each one gets $2,000 when pop dies, no questions asked.

21:18 "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son......." (read through verse 21) There has never been recorded in Torah, nor in the Talmud a case of "stoning a rebellious son" yet this was written down as a deterrent , a precaution, to those who "would think" of rebelling against his parents, this commandment kept children in line, (more than we can say for today) when children will rise up a kill their parents. No wonder you never hear of "Israelite gangs" (I don't know about today though, I hope not)

21:22 "If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree......." (read through verse 23) It does not say "to kill him from the tree" like the Roman crucifixions, this was a cruel death, the death sentences in ancient Israel were carried out either by stoning or by the sword, after the sentence was carried out, the person was hanged on a tree for public display, BUT TAKEN DOWN AND BURIED before sundown. When Messiah Yeshua was crucified, he was TAKEN DOWN AND PLACED IN THE TOMB before sundown, yet he still received our curse and sin penalty while hanging from the cross by the nails, He received our CURSE and we received hisRIGHTEOUSNESS

22:1 "You shall not see your brother's ox or his sheep going astray, and hide yourself from them...." (read through verse 4). These animals were Israel's livelihood back then, if they went astray, YOU were to notify your neighbor and say, "hey, your goat is in my yard, come get it" not take it in and have a "roast goat night" today the world's philosophy is "Finder's keepers, losers weepers" not so with God, and as born again believers, we need to walk in HIS ways, and return lost things (those which can be identified as belonging to so-and-so) to the rightful owners, be it a hammer, saw, cat, dog, Burmese python, wallet with money still intact, etc (just be careful with the python, pick it up with gloves, behind the neck) and say "Hey, come get yo snake dude"

22:5 "A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man...." thousands of years ago in Israel, men and women wore similar clothing, being a long, flowing tunic tied with a cloth or leather belt, and a poncho like outer coat which was the tallit. But women's tunics were of finer fabric, maybe linen with feminine designs, while the mens' were of coarser material. Today we have both men and women wearing, say, "blue jeans and slacks" yet even today, women's slacks/pants are still different in design.

22:6-7 "If a bird's nest happens to be before you....." Well, a common case in fact is the "hen-house" situation, no one would think of trying to get a hen's eggs while the hen is on her nest, not happening dude! or you will get "pecked" This is showing concern for the animal, while a hen can have more eggs, if a woman has children, and terrorists break in and kill her kids in front of her eyes, this will create a real emotional and psychological trauma. yet if she is in another county, and someone calls her to say, "Hey, terrorist killed your kids" I am sure that she will still be affected, but not as severe as if seeing them killed in front of her.

22:8-9 When you build a new house.....Common sense, to build a fence on the roof so that no one will fall off, middle east houses had flat roofs, where people could go to in summer evenings and relax, those are still the best kind of houses, If I were to design my own house, mine would have a flat roof with stairs going up to it, and a parapet around it of course. "You shall not sow your vineyard with different kinds of seeds" makes sense, a vineyard is for grapes, not for grapes, wheat, corn , etc, these others would take essential minerals and chemicals from the soil which the grapes would need otherwise.

22:10 "You shall not plow with an ox and a donkey together" another mitzvah which makes perfect "horse" sense, the two animals are a "mis-match" one is stronger than the other, they will cause problem one with the other, and work will be affected, they are "un-equally yoked" just like a marriage between a believer and an un-believer. An ox should plow with another ox, a donkey with another donkey, etc... a believer with another believer

22:11 "you shall not wear a garment of mixed sorts....." wool will shrink when washed while linen will not, and the garment will be ruined, same as "being un-equally yoked" If Mr. Wool marries Miss Linen, trouble will ensue.

22:12 "You shall make tassels on the four corners of the clothing with which you cover yourselves" These are the Tzitzits which are worn as an undergarment, or tied on the belt loops, Yes, this is still for today, reminds us of the commandments of Adonai.

But please, a few might comment and say "But we're not under the law anymore" most people in Christendom misunderstand this idea, the word "law" comes from the latin "Legis" which means "something legal, or legalism" but the original word is "Torah" which means "teaching and instruction" (from Adonai in this case) This word has been mistranslated in our bibles, "Are we not all under God's teaching and instruction through His Holy Writ?" I think we would all agree to YES, we are under and follow, (or should follow) his teaching. but change the word and mis-translate it into LAW, everyone suddenly says NO, because the original meaning is lost

Chap 23 deals with those who are excluded from the congregation of Israel, those who were illegitimate children, Ammonites, Moabites, etc, BUT today, we WELCOME into the congregation, into the "Kehilah" those who decide to follow Yeshua and who are born-again, and the only real, true members of God's family are those who are BORN AGAIN, not that a lost person can not come into the congregation, yes, they can visit, yet to be a member, a member of "Kehilah Elohim" the congregation of Elohim, HIS called out congregation, church, assembly, one must be BORN AGAIN, trusting YESHUA/JESUS as Savior and LORD.

" For a mere moment I have forsaken you, But with great mercies, I will gather you..."
YHVH comforts Israel like a father comforts his children, yes, children will be chastised, and will endure punishment, in Israel's case, thrown out of the land, and cast into nations
BUT...they will be gathered...and they have been gathered, the nation of ISRAEL is real and is the place of the ingathering. As disobedient children, we will be chastened by the LORD
and it will seem at times that we have been forsaken. Yeshua cried out "Eli Eli, Lamah Sabachtani?" My God, why have you forsaken me?" it was because of our sin that the Father turned away from the Son, yet, not for ever, BUT,. a few hours later, after the sin debt was paid, Fellowship was rejoined, and the temple curtain ripped in two, making way for ALL of us to go unto YHVH through the Blood of Yeshua.

MATTHEW 5:27-30

Yeshua is not changing the Torah commandment on adultery, he is explaining it to the fullest. Sin is entertained in the mind, and through the body, it is fulfilled, so while it is still in the mind, rebuke it in Yeshua's name, or if you can, avoid the situation,

Shabbat Shalom................Rabbi Ben Avraham