• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Sober Judgment

Staff Member
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3

Humility is the opposite of pride, but too often Christians are only willing to convert pride to false humility, which is just a different shade of pride. It intentionally shares personal faults with others. This information then begs to be refuted.

False humility prompts others to say something nice about you. This happens when you say things like “I’m not very good at that” or “I’m not sure why I ever tried.” This side of pride can be even more insidious than blatant pride because it works, had to manipulate others into verbally affirming what you already believe you’re good at, and you’re secretly hoping an extended audience overhears people praising you.

God asks you to consider who you are with sober judgment. This means you don’t think too highly—or too lowly—of yourself. You’re made in God’s image, but pride of any shade distorts the family resemblance. You’re a servant of God, but also a son of God. True humility will be inclined to express gratitude for God’s good gifts while false humility wants others to compliment your attributes.

Sober judgment means discovering how God sees you and then refusing to let your opinion of yourself climb a stepstool that doesn’t resemble sober judgment.