• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

So, where do you stand on the question, about how old is the earth.

Loyal
Not sure whether its young or old earth. Doesnt really matter to me, its a blessed place to live that God gave us. I tend to favor an old earth, but I know I could be wrong.

Active
Not sure whether its young or old earth. Doesnt really matter to me, its a blessed place to live that God gave us. I tend to favor an old earth, but I know I could be wrong.

Personally, I've always been OEC / Gap Theory as my working hypothesis.

Loyal
I myself find it to be a big gap. Between those who think young earth, and those who think "Billion of Years old". Especially the amount of people who believe in the "Biblical GOD" . the God of The Bible. My view is a young earth, that has been dying and decaying away, at the pace of GOD 's will, from the day of the" Great Fall" that happen in the Garden of Eden. A little better than 6,000 years old. and still dying.

Loyal
Creation scientists have identified problems with aging the earth at 4.5 billion years. What is their positive statement about the evidence for a younger earth?

Active
Creation scientists have identified problems with aging the earth at 4.5 billion years. What is their positive statement about the evidence for a younger earth?

And there's the PROBLEM. They're "Creation Scientists" who will interpret/bend/SPIN everything they see to support the YEC concept, and to denigrate the OEC position.

Active
I can see how knowing how old the earth is, can save lost christians worshipping in the "temple of Baal", and those who come here seeking the answer to the mystery of salvation. How about a debate on whether Ford is better than General Motors?

Active
It actually doesn't matter which you believe in as long as you don't believe in macro evolution.

The contention for me has always been on sin / painting God as wicked. A Christian needs to watch for this as the devil is cunning.

If sin took place on earth it has to be traced to someone other then God. In the case of an old earth we need to digest the existence of vicious and cruel dinosaurs. This can be due to the sinful nature and intelligence of fallen angels.

Macro evolution is wicked from day one. There is no fallen angel or Adam's sin to trace to the wickedness. It therefore suggests the creator is wicked.

Loyal
Our GOD is Not. Human, or a creation, HE is a "Creator" of all things. So HE can Only be "GOD" ! And the only way we can know HE is this, is because HE is The Creator of everything that exists! If HE decides right now to murder and destroy every baby and child on this earth, with no human reason whats so ever. He cannot be evil or bad, Why, because He can only be "GOD". And for a "Finite" mind that is far as it can go! To go beyond that, it has no "Ability"!because it is incapable to comprehend the incomprehensible.

Now comes the natural scientist geoscience. Concerning explanations.

I am laughing, why? I had a-flash of Jesus talking to Nicodemus. "if i told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe ,if I tell you heavenly things"

That was for me! Now, if you just happen to catch some crumbs that fell from that table! Hallelujah!

Active
And the only way we can know HE is this, is because HE is The Creator of everything that exists! If HE decides right now to murder and destroy every baby and child on this earth, with no human reason whats so ever. He cannot be evil or bad, Why, because He can only be "GOD".
You are quoting Rom 9, God can do whatever He wants good or bad. But you are not grasping Gen 3:22. God has ''given us'' the knowledge of right and wrong. Then the entirety of scripture is flying over your head / being excluded from your understanding of God. All of scripture outside Rom 9 shows that God ''chooses'' to be good. THAT is WHY we give thanks Psalm 136:1. He could be good or evil (Rom 9) but He chooses to be good (rest of scripture and reality all around us).

Loyal
You are quoting Rom 9, God can do whatever He wants good or bad. But you are not grasping Gen 3:22. God has ''given us'' the knowledge of right and wrong. Then the entirety of scripture is flying over your head / being excluded from your understanding of God. All of scripture outside Rom 9 shows that God ''chooses'' to be good. THAT is WHY we give thanks Psalm 136:1. He could be good or evil (Rom 9) but He chooses to be good (rest of scripture and reality all around us).
I see you have no understanding at all , concerning the purpose and the creation of God and you have never read the salvation story, neither have you been "Born of GOD" and have become a new creation beyond the Nature human race, but your are still the creature that was born of a nature man and came from the womb of a nature fallen creature. So for it is impossible for you to even engage in "presuppostional apologetics" because by the convictions of your own words, stated in post: 379497 you have label yourself a person of deception and don't even know it.

You assumption is wrong from where i am quoting, For i am not a verse "child of God"! For I am a "I Know The Book", And one of the "adopted sons of the Living GOD" ,Born of GOD" "Born of HIS Spirit" wash in HIS Blood, Chosen, and Elected before the foundations of The Cosmos before there was an Angel a devil a star, a Sun or a moon. before there was light or darkness, air wind or space even time itself, He knew me by name. And ordain and created me into that fashion. To be created into the very image of HiS only Begotten Son and receive a full shared inheritance that HIs Son will received on that "Coronation Day"! And He does not lie! I have been riding this Horse for over 44 years, And have not been Lazy on this "Pilgrimage". And I am no sunday or sarurday morning institutionalize going christian either.

Now, how you like the "Fruit" of that tree?

Now let me warn you, I run cold or Hot:eyes:

Maybe you like it cold or Hot too. Or are you one those "Luke warm" christains who like to "cuddle"!

Now be nice, you do remember, the "beatitudes". Or do you have to look it up?.

He is God, and that is all he is, HE does not even chooses to be GOD. How can He chooses to be GOD when He is GOD! HE can never stop being GOD! "For in Him we live and move". And He cannot deny Himself.

Loyal
I see you have no understanding at all , concerning the purpose and the creation of God and you have never read the salvation story, neither have you been "Born of GOD" and have become a new creation beyond the Nature human race, but your are still the creature that was born of a nature man and came from the womb of a nature fallen creature.
@PloughBoy What a ridiculous petty and thoroughly unChristlike response. You have no idea of KingJ's standing before God, and no way of knowing how much of the salvation story he has read. Rather than attack the man like a cheap judgemental rhetorician, why not seek clarification for mutual edification, or show where you think he is wrong.

Active
I see you have no understanding at all , concerning the purpose and the creation of God and you have never read the salvation story, neither have you been "Born of GOD" and have become a new creation beyond the Nature human race, but your are still the creature that was born of a nature man and came from the womb of a nature fallen creature. So for it is impossible for you to even engage in "presuppostional apologetics" because by the convictions of your own words, stated in post: 379497 you have label yourself a person of deception and don't even know it.

You assumption is wrong from where i am quoting, For i am not a verse "child of God"! For I am a "I Know The Book", And one of the "adopted sons of the Living GOD" ,Born of GOD" "Born of HIS Spirit" wash in HIS Blood, Chosen, and Elected before the foundations of The Cosmos before there was an Angel a devil a star, a Sun or a moon. before there was light or darkness, air wind or space even time itself, He knew me by name. And ordain and created me into that fashion. To be created into the very image of HiS only Begotten Son and receive a full shared inheritance that HIs Son will received on that "Coronation Day"! And He does not lie! I have been riding this Horse for over 44 years, And have not been Lazy on this "Pilgrimage". And I am no sunday or sarurday morning institutionalize going christian either.

Now, how you like the "Fruit" of that tree?

Now let me warn you, I run cold or Hot:eyes:

Maybe you like it cold or Hot too. Or are you one those "Luke warm" christains who like to "cuddle"!

Now be nice, you do remember, the "beatitudes". Or do you have to look it up?.

He is God, and that is all he is, HE does not even chooses to be GOD. How can He chooses to be GOD when He is GOD! HE can never stop being GOD! "For in Him we live and move". And He cannot deny Himself.
I have posted this before , but again this explains everything about the chosen ones of God.

Loyal
@PloughBoy What a ridiculous petty and thoroughly unChristlike response. You have no idea of KingJ's standing before God, and no way of knowing how much of the salvation story he has read. Rather than attack the man like a cheap judgemental rhetorician, why not seek clarification for mutual edification, or show where you think he is wrong.
Have you forgotten so quickly, i am not a "christian"! So how does a non christian is supposed to act? That is a question. And not a statement. Now how does a christian supposed to act when engaging a non christian? Now that is a another question and not a statement. 2 question are ask by a non-christian. Now we shall see how christians respond to questions ask by a non- christian. And i would appreciate it very much if you stop referring me as a christian. It is a insult to me to be called something i am not. But sometime we call people anything we want in some arenas. Because some people have more rights than others and press their beliefs and customs and teachings upon others.

And many people failed to see, by our own words a person condemns themselves,. Even though a person does not understand the very words and definition of those words that comes out of their own mouths. Just because we can pronounce a word and have our own private interpretation of a word and not understanding the "etymology" of word usages, makes our own explanation of some truth that we have arrived to, legit.

Loyal
I have posted this before , but again this explains everything about the chosen ones of God.
I am not looking for a definition of the term "chosen ones of God" and why i would think of looking up the definition of such a term in a corrupted and fallen world. That is fooliness. For my Life is "Hidden in Christ Jesus"! Hidden!, and Sealed,

But a good clip.

Loyal
Have you forgotten so quickly, i am not a "christian"! So how does a non christian is supposed to act? That is a question. And not a statement. Now how does a christian supposed to act when engaging a non christian? Now that is a another question and not a statement. 2 question are ask by a non-christian. Now we shall see how christians respond to questions ask by a non- christian. And i would appreciate it very much if you stop referring me as a christian. It is a insult to me to be called something i am not. But sometime we call people anything we want in some arenas. Because some people have more rights than others and press their beliefs and customs and teachings upon others.

And many people failed to see, by our own words a person condemns themselves,. Even though a person does not understand the very words and definition of those words that comes out of their own mouths. Just because we can pronounce a word and have our own private interpretation of a word and not understanding the "etymology" of word usages, makes our own explanation of some truth that we have arrived to, legit.
I didn't use the word "Christian". I said your treatment of KingJ was unChristlike.

I stand by my criticism of the way you have treated him.

Active
I didn't use the word "Christian". I said your treatment of KingJ was unChristlike.

I stand by my criticism of the way you have treated him.
Thanks Hekuran.

In his defense, I did say ''the bible is flying over his head''. ;)