• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Sorry, I'm not sure if I put this in the right place :/

As the title says, I really struggle when I look at all the pain in the world. It makes me feel terrible a lot of the time when I read/see news stories talking about horrific things, particularly murder. Most recently, I get this terrible feeling when seeing the horrendous effects of terrorism in the world. I can't really explain the feeling, but it's a real sinking feeling of disappointment and upset. Not long ago, I actually had to wipe away tears on a train due to a news story I was reading.

My issue is that I love God and I trust him. I believe he loves us all but when I read these stories I become so frustrated. I understand we have been given free will and I've read explanations/arguments for why these things are allowed to happen in a world created by a loving God but sometimes I still just struggle with it because these sad situations happening all over the world upset me so much.

I know it's really unrealistic but I just want peace and it upsets me to think that this will never truly be the case on earth - well until God makes heaven on earth (or whatever your understanding of this prophecy is.) I do feel stupid that this upsets me so much it makes me want to cry but I just feel very strongly about it and it makes me overly frustrated. Basically, I would just really appreciate some words on this. It just makes me feel better to at least get this out there. I don't know if this will help any of you with giving advice, but I'm 19.

I feel your pain. I feel the same way. Have you ever seen the movie "The Green Mile"? This is a quote that I love from the movie...
"Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world... everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head... all the time."
It overwhelms me sometimes if I let it. And that's why it's important to remember Phillipians 4:8... "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Blessings to you...

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi @Emiliana

Nothing wrong with being upset towards injustice and sin in this world. It angers GOD more than we can comprehend and although it may appear He's not doing anything about it, He sure is. Remember, GOD is Sovereign and He is omniscient (all knowing). There are surely so much we don't know and do not see of what's going on in the world and going on in Heaven, when GOD works. We need to keep praying and spreading the Gospels.

Isaiah 55:8-11
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.​

This is the final result...

Revelation 21
A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” 5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Active

RJ

Sorry, I'm not sure if I put this in the right place :/

As the title says, I really struggle when I look at all the pain in the world. It makes me feel terrible a lot of the time when I read/see news stories talking about horrific things, particularly murder. Most recently, I get this terrible feeling when seeing the horrendous effects of terrorism in the world. I can't really explain the feeling, but it's a real sinking feeling of disappointment and upset. Not long ago, I actually had to wipe away tears on a train due to a news story I was reading.

My issue is that I love God and I trust him. I believe he loves us all but when I read these stories I become so frustrated. I understand we have been given free will and I've read explanations/arguments for why these things are allowed to happen in a world created by a loving God but sometimes I still just struggle with it because these sad situations happening all over the world upset me so much.

I know it's really unrealistic but I just want peace and it upsets me to think that this will never truly be the case on earth - well until God makes heaven on earth (or whatever your understanding of this prophecy is.) I do feel stupid that this upsets me so much it makes me want to cry but I just feel very strongly about it and it makes me overly frustrated. Basically, I would just really appreciate some words on this. It just makes me feel better to at least get this out there. I don't know if this will help any of you with giving advice, but I'm 19.
  • I see a lot of you in this beatitude:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God."
Peacemakers not only live peaceful lives but also try to bring peace and friendship to others, and to preserve peace between God and man. St. Gregory of Nyssa calls a peacemaker a man who brings peace to another; but one cannot give another what one does not possess oneself. Hence the Lord wants you first to be yourself filled with the blessings of peace and then to communicate it to those who have need of it. By imitating God's love of man, the peacemakers become children of God.
  • Jesus said that we will have our trials and tribulations. Part of yours is seen in sharing your pain for others and the desire for peace.
  • Stay the course and know: Romans 8: 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.