• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

So many say they dont sin now a-days thats a load of you know what !!

Loyal
Seems the more and more I look at social media the more I see this non -sense of people thinking they are not sinners because they think they are saved. We are all sinners, the difference is saved people repent and feel sorrow for there sins and do not make a lifestyle out of sin (they are changed by the Holly Spirit). Whear as the secular world believers do wrong and sin as a lifestyle they feel no sorrow in there sin.

This is basic 101 Christianity and if you dont get it we are missing the mark of Christianity IMO

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I here some say this is not for believers its only for non believers,..... and that is false this is for everyone.

For those that say they do not sin I wonder if they think speeding in a car is a sin,according to the bible it is a sin, not paying your taxes or cheating on them a sin, any time you brake the law of your government you have sinned against God unless the law goes against God law.
Submission to Authorities
Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

All wrong doing is sin
1 John 5:17
so many misinformed people are saying christians do not sin, we sin less and do not make it a lifestyle but compared to God the holly one we are sinners by our very nature , that is why we have a mediator Jesus Christ if we did not sin we would not need a mediator would we !! As we grow and mature we change our lifestyle to no longer practice sin, but are still sinners if you just speed, if you forget one time to love your neighbor as yourself, hopefully you get the point

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

IF can not confess that you are a sinner

I am amazed blown away and completely sadden on how many do not get this, I pray there eyes are opened, I pray if I am wrong my eyes are opened, but it boils down to this in my eyes we are all sinners the saved are no longer practicing a lifestyle of sin and if they do stumble they feel complete sorrow, and repent. the unsaved live in a lifestyle of sin and no sorrow.

Seems the more and more I look at social media the more I see this non -sense of people thinking they are not sinners because they think they are saved. We are all sinners, the difference is saved people repent and feel sorrow for there sins and do not make a lifestyle out of sin (they are changed by the Holly Spirit). Whear as the secular world believers do wrong and sin as a lifestyle they feel no sorrow in there sin.

This is basic 101 Christianity and if you dont get it we are missing the mark of Christianity IMO

I here some say this is not for believers its only for non believers,..... and that is false this is for everyone.

For those that say they do not sin I wonder if they think speeding in a car is a sin,according to the bible it is a sin, not paying your taxes or cheating on them a sin, any time you brake the law of your government you have sinned against God unless the law goes against God law.
Submission to Authorities
Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

All wrong doing is sin
so many misinformed people are saying christians do not sin, we sin less and do not make it a lifestyle but compared to God the holly one we are sinners by our very nature , that is why we have a mediator Jesus Christ if we did not sin we would not need a mediator would we !! As we grow and mature we change our lifestyle to no longer practice sin, but are still sinners if you just speed, if you forget one time to love your neighbor as yourself, hopefully you get the point

1 John 2:1
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

IF can not confess that you are a sinner

I am amazed blown away and completely sadden on how many do not get this, I pray there eyes are opened, I pray if I am wrong my eyes are opened, but it boils down to this in my eyes we are all sinners the saved are no longer practicing a lifestyle of sin and if they do stumble they feel complete sorrow, and repent. the unsaved live in a lifestyle of sin and no sorrow.

Good points...thanks!

1. We sometimes do wrong, even as believers.
2. Wrong-doing is sin (Jas. 4:17).
3. We sometimes sin (from 1 and 2).

And, we are thankful God forgives us in Christ.

blessings...

Loyal
@Dave M,
Would you agree that sin is a sickness?

I dont look to man for definitions look at what the bible plainly and simply says
All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.

now the key word here is ALL and we all know that means ALL

now here is the thing in the passage before that John is speaking to brothers here brothers are saved people
1 John 5:16
If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that.

Sin is sin my freind, I understand your point of view I actually do, you think that since Jesus Died for our sins and God does not send us to hell for our sins how can we keep calling them sin when commit acts that are wrong. But that is very dangerous and in-correct thinking. THat type of thinking appeals to the flesh doesn't it.

Active
@Dave M,
I agree, it is only through Jesus Christ that we are made Righteous, and nothing makes us Righteous but Jesus Christ. I also agree that sin is sin, but only if you have not been born again into a completely different nature than sin. Sin is sin if God imputes sin unto you (Rom. 4:8; 2Cor. 5:19). Sin is sin if God has concluded you to have sinned. If God said, He "WILL NOT" impute sin; then I would believe that.

The disconnect comes for me when believers say:

Jesus made me Righteous "from" sin and I'm Righteous "IN" Jesus Christ; however I sin. (1Joh. 3:5).

They say, "I have risen from the dead with Jesus Christ, but I still sin" (1Cor. 15:17).

They say, "I say what scripture says." "I am dead to sin" (Rom. 6:1, 2). "but yes I sin."

They say, "I am the Temple of the Holy Ghost (1Cor. 6:19, 20)," but then say, " I sin as a Temple of Jesus. "

They say, Jesus circumcised my fleshly body from sin (Col. 2:11) . Then they say, this doesn't mean I don't sin .

They say, "By Jesus Christ stripes I am healed, but I get sick every once and awhile, but not habitually" 1Pet. 2:24: Mar. 2:17). Jesus is the Physician.

They say, "Jesus has made me free from sin, only when I don't sin" (Rom. 6:7, 18; 22).

They say, There is joy in Heaven over one sinner that repents than over 99 just persons who need to repent from sin occasionally (Luke 15:7).

They say, "I've been bought with a price, but the price wasn't sufficient to buy all my sins." only the penalty for sins."

They say, "As Christ is so are we in this world," accept when we sin (1Joh. 4:17).

They say, " I do not have a dual nature in Christ," it's only when I get in the flesh (Rom. 8:9).

They say, "Christ said He will never leave me, even when I sin" (Heb. 13:5). Then they say, I must ask for forgiveness from my sins. Though Christ paid the penalty for my sin, the wages of sin is still death (Rom. 6:23).

THIS IS CALLED CONFUSION:

Active
@Dave M,
You said: "John is speaking to brothers here, and brothers are saved people."

That is not entirely correct. In the Book of 1John some are saved brothers, but the first chapter is strictly unbelieving Jews. The second chapter on is mixed with certain context speaking directly to those saved and unsaved specifically.

The "brothers" here are talking about John's Jewish brothers. This also includes James, and Peter as well in their books.

Galatians 2:8
(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

The "Circumcision" are the Jews.

Galatians 2:9
And when James, Cephas (Peter), and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Active
@Life,
God does not remember forgiven sins. If God has forgiven your sins, He is not going to remember them. This is also why God will not impute sin unto a believer (Rom. 4:8; 2Cor. 5:19).

Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Unbelievers have been forgiven of “all” their sins before they even come to Jesus Christ. This was done when Jesus took away the sins of the world; past, present and future sins.

Joh 1:29 The next day John sees Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.

1Jo 2:2 And Jesus is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

God has already told believers He has forgiven their sins when we first come to Him.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

We know that “all” unrighteousness is sin, but God is showing us His mercy; He is not imputing sin to us because He has already forgiven us of past, present and future sins eternally.

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by Jesus’ own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Redemption of sins is the same as forgiveness of sins. Unlike Israel, believers have been forgiven of sins forever. When a believer is ransomed, they are automatically forgiven of their sins from day one. A believer is ransomed and forgiven eternally from sin at the time of their new birth (1Joh. 1:9).

1Jo 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

@Dave M,
I agree, it is only through Jesus Christ that we are made Righteous, and nothing makes us Righteous but Jesus Christ. I also agree that sin is sin, but only if you have not been born again into a completely different nature than sin. Sin is sin if God imputes sin unto you (Rom. 4:8; 2Cor. 5:19). Sin is sin if God has concluded you to have sinned. If God said, He "WILL NOT" impute sin; then I would believe that.

The disconnect comes for me when believers say:

Jesus made me Righteous "from" sin and I'm Righteous "IN" Jesus Christ; however I sin. (1Joh. 3:5).

They say, "I have risen from the dead with Jesus Christ, but I still sin" (1Cor. 15:17).

They say, "I say what scripture says." "I am dead to sin" (Rom. 6:1, 2). "but yes I sin."

They say, "I am the Temple of the Holy Ghost (1Cor. 6:19, 20)," but then say, " I sin as a Temple of Jesus. "

They say, Jesus circumcised my fleshly body from sin (Col. 2:11) . Then they say, this doesn't mean I don't sin .

They say, "By Jesus Christ stripes I am healed, but I get sick every once and awhile, but not habitually" 1Pet. 2:24: Mar. 2:17). Jesus is the Physician.

They say, "Jesus has made me free from sin, only when I don't sin" (Rom. 6:7, 18; 22).

They say, There is joy in Heaven over one sinner that repents than over 99 just persons who need to repent from sin occasionally (Luke 15:7).

They say, "I've been bought with a price, but the price wasn't sufficient to buy all my sins." only the penalty for sins."

They say, "As Christ is so are we in this world," accept when we sin (1Joh. 4:17).

They say, " I do not have a dual nature in Christ," it's only when I get in the flesh (Rom. 8:9).

They say, "Christ said He will never leave me, even when I sin" (Heb. 13:5). Then they say, I must ask for forgiveness from my sins. Though Christ paid the penalty for my sin, the wages of sin is still death (Rom. 6:23).

THIS IS CALLED CONFUSION:

Hi!

It's not confusion to pray as Jesus commanded: "FORGIVE US OUR SINS" as an ONGOING REQUIRED COMMANDMENT! (Lk. 11:4).

Mt 28:19-20 confirms Lk. 11:4 is an ONGOING commandment for all disciples of Jesus in all nations.

Please stop opposing Jesus' ongoing commandments!

Thanks...

Active
@bibleguy,
This is my question to Christ without the temptation:

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Active
@bibleguy,
You said: It's not confusion to pray as Jesus commanded: "FORGIVE US OUR SINS" as an ONGOING REQUIRED COMMANDMENT! (Lk. 11:4).

It is if He's already done it.
1Jo 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins "ARE" forgiven you for his name's sake.

Mt 28:19-20 confirms Lk. 11:4 is an ONGOING commandment for all disciples of Jesus in all nations.

Your writtings here are before Christ died and the New Testament was established.

Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

You said: Please stop opposing Jesus' ongoing commandments!

I can only smile :)

Loyal
1Jn 3:10; By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

1Jn 3:24; The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and Christ abides in him. We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1Jn 2:3; By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jn 2:4; The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

All of these verses were written after Jesus was resurrected.

Jude 1:4; For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into a license to sin and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Also written after Jesus was resurrected.

Rom 6:1; What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?
Rom 6:2; May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Also written after Jesus was resurrected.

@bibleguy,
This is my question to Christ without the temptation:

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

What's the question you are asking?

All you did is quote Scripture....

And by the way, this passage proves that Torah-obedience is a sufficient condition of eternal life.

blessings....

Active
@bibleguy,
Not asking a question, just making a point. I was in the place of the Lawyer asking the question without the temptation.

You can refer to it as the Torah, but I'm not justified by the Torah, i only justified by Jesus Christ and what He commands me to keep.

I will not be going with you around the world with a discussion that has nothing to do with me. Just letting you know.

@bibleguy,
Not asking a question, just making a point. I was in the place of the Lawyer asking the question without the temptation.

You can refer to it as the Torah, but I'm not justified by the Torah, i only justified by Jesus Christ and what He commands me to keep.

I will not be going with you around the world with a discussion that has nothing to do with me. Just letting you know.

You wrote: "but I'm not justified by the Torah..."

My response: So Paul was just joking in Rom. 2:13?

Of course not! Paul said that those who do law will be justified!

Please stop opposing Scriptures that don't fit into your preconceived theology.

Genuine truth-seekers EMBRACE all Scriptures (not ignore and oppose them!)

Sadly, you just opposed Romans 2:13....

thanks...

Loyal
@B-A-C,
This is the question i ask you B-A-C.
Rom 6:2; How shall you who died to sin still live in it?

Before I became a Christian.. I lived "in it". I "practiced" sin.
I lied, I cheated, I fornicated, I stole things, I manipulated, I hated, I cursed, I drank too much... the list goes on.
I did all of these things almost every day.

After I became a Christian, most of these things I quit doing... but not 100% of them 100% of the time.
I still cursed, I still committed adultery (in my mind/heart), I still said people were stupid... etc...
When I recognized them... I repented of them. It took me years to repent of some of them.
I still sin a little. But I don't live "in it". I don't practice it.

Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'
Rom 1:32; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Pet 4:3; For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.
1 Pet 4:4 In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you;

Active
@regibassman57 Please clarify this for me.

I interpret your posts as believing that a Christian's sins are not ''sins'' to God (per post # 9). Even though they sin. This is true. God looks at us and sees us covered by the blood of Jesus.

But then you make statements suggesting we have absolutely no sin. Do you mean this in the context of the above statement. If so, why not clarify that properly. It seems this 'blur' is fueling an unnecessary discussion.

Loyal
Before I became a Christian.. I lived "in it". I "practiced" sin.
I lied, I cheated, I fornicated, I stole things, I manipulated, I hated, I cursed, I drank too much... the list goes on.
I did all of these things almost every day.

After I became a Christian, most of these things I quit doing... but not 100% of them 100% of the time.
I still cursed, I still committed adultery (in my mind/heart), I still said people were stupid... etc...
When I recognized them... I repented of them. It took me years to repent of some of them.
I still sin a little. But I don't live "in it". I don't practice it.

Matt 7:23; "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'
Rom 1:32; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.
Gal 5:21; envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Pet 4:3; For the time already past is sufficient for you to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.
1 Pet 4:4 In all this, they are surprised that you do not run with them into the same excesses of dissipation, and they malign you;

@B-A-C great to see you posting again, you have been missed around here, hope all is well with you brother