So Confused...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Here's a little back story so you all can help me with my problems.

I attended an extremely Christian School during the first few years in my life (Kindergarten to 5th grade), worshiped Jesus and took him as my savior in 4th grade. After 5th grade, I changed to a different school (which was Christian but not as religious as my previous school), in which I took part in things that I look back on and laugh. I began to use profanity, masturbate, but never really committed what I felt was a "bad sin:" I neglected Jesus and God for quite a bit, and a few weeks ago, I decided to give him another chance. I TRY to pray to God every night, but i always doubt myself (Is my prayer long enough? Am I saying the right things? etc.f). I realized that my old habits (swearing, masturbating,etc.) were obsolete and were against the new faith I had been reborn into. So I began "taming:" my old habits, making my profanity less vulgar and masturbating less. I was very scared and confused because I didn't know if God looked down on me and frowned or if he was happy that I was changing in order to please him.

I have read many articles about how the bibles says "Do not lust" and therefore "do not masturbate," but it is a way of stress relief that I am used to. Do you think God is happy that I am trying my best to solve my problems or is God unhappy with what I am doing?

I attended an extremely Christian School during the first few years in my life (Kindergarten to 5th grade), worshiped Jesus and took him as my savior in 4th grade. After 5th grade, I changed to a different school (which was Christian but not as religious as my previous school), in which I took part in things that I look back on and laugh. I began to use profanity, masturbate, but never really committed what I felt was a "bad sin:" I neglected Jesus and God for quite a bit, and a few weeks ago, I decided to give him another chance. I TRY to pray to God every night, but i always doubt myself (Is my prayer long enough? Am I saying the right things? etc.f). I realized that my old habits (swearing, masturbating,etc.) were obsolete and were against the new faith I had been reborn into. So I began "taming:" my old habits, making my profanity less vulgar and masturbating less. I was very scared and confused because I didn't know if God looked down on me and frowned or if he was happy that I was changing in order to please him.

I have read many articles about how the bibles says "Do not lust" and therefore "do not masturbate," but it is a way of stress relief that I am used to. Do you think God is happy that I am trying my best to solve my problems or is God unhappy with what I am doing?
"How can I, a speck, living on a bigger speck, in a solar system of other specks offend thee Lord"

"How can I, a speck, living on a bigger speck, in a solar system of other specks offend thee Lord"
I was hoping for an answer to this as well ... anyone have any clue what God wants us to do “after” we pray for forgiveness and ask Him to save us? Do we try to act “good” or are we okay since we have “accepted” his gift of sacrificing himself and rising again and now living in our hearts? What do we do now???

Loyal Member
I was hoping for an answer to this as well ... anyone have any clue what God wants us to do “after” we pray for forgiveness and ask Him to save us? Do we try to act “good” or are we okay since we have “accepted” his gift of sacrificing himself and rising again and now living in our hearts? What do we do now???
Once a person asks Jesus to save them from their sins, and to become their Lord, the Lord God gives that person a new heart (spirit). How you look, and think does not change. We are told....

Rom 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

If you want to know what to do next, you need to start to renew your physical mind so you can "discern what is the will of God, what is good acceptable, and perfect will of God"

God's good, acceptable, and perfect will for you is only found in the Bible. God told Joshua in the Old Testament what he required of him.

Jos 1:8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.

The Bible contains the words of God that Jesus has spoken through his prophets, servants, and Jesus himself while he was still in his physical body here on earth. The words of God contained in the Bible is the only thing we can use to "renew" our minds with. The are many things contained in scripture that make no logical sense to our un renewed mind. The Bible is not a logical, analytical, reasonable instruction book. It requires faith to believe, and faith only comes by hearing the Word of God.

Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Sense it is a requirement to believe (have faith) in Jesus Christ, Jesus does not leave us to our own devices in how to get that faith. Faith only comes from him who is the Word of God. How cool is that? Jesus gives us his faith so we can believe in him!

Read the Bible day, and night. Confess his Word no matter what your physical mind tells you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never give up no matter what. Find a body of believers that are like minded. No Jehovah witnesses,s, Mormon's, and I would stay away from the Roman Catholic Church.

Pray to God the Father in Jesus name. Ask him to guide you in all you do everyday. This is a good start. The devil will not leave you along, because he knows you are venerable at this time. He does not want you to discover who you are, and what power you have over him. He will try anything to try and keep you out of operating in the realm of the spirit where he works his wickedness, and where you have total authority over him.

The sins of the flesh is something we can have victory over as we grow in the Lord and power of his strength. Never give up!!

Top Poster Of Month

@if confusion was human
Quite Common.
You answered yourself. You are stressed and possibly idle. Are you getting adequate Vitamin C , Magnesium and Vitamin D. Oftentimes we forget how diet can play a role on our bodies which affects our mind and spirit. also how is your social health? do you have any hobbies you enjoy doing?
Maybe this video can be helpful

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0
I Seeking Jesus 3
D Counseling 5
Sheila johnson Seeking Jesus 11
S Introduction 5