• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Sin's deceitfulness!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Hebrews 3:12-13
Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Paul is warning brothers here of our hearts being hardened from the deceitfulness of sin !! Sin will separate us from God be on guard from people who tell you not to be concerned with sin or people who tell you sin no longer exist.

Active
@Dave,

Hebrews 3:12-13

Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Paul is warning brothers here of our hearts being hardened from the deceitfulness of sin !! Sin will separate us from God be on guard from people who tell you not to be concerned with sin or people who tell you sin no longer exist.
First of all, “sin “CANNOT” separate” a believer from God until He judges the church.

Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

God has made a promise that He will never hide His face from man any more once He send His Spirit into the heart of believers.

Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Once Jesus became sin for man, God left His defiled body. By God leaving Jesus, He will never leave another one of His children. In the Day of Judgment those that are found to be tares, will be taken out of the body of Christ and cast into the lake of fire. Until that day, God will never leave another one of His children because of sin. This is because all sins were put upon Jesus Christ making it impossible for a believer to sin. A Righteous nature in the believer prevents them from sinning. The wages of sin is - and always has been death. Where there is no justification of the law, there is no transgression (Rom. 4:15).

Mat 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

There are two ways for a believer to live life. One is to follow the leading of the Spirit of Jesus Christ through faith in His word; and the other is to be led emotionally by temptation which deceives man daily; believers and unbelievers. The example of this is seen in Matthew 13.

Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy (Satan) came and sowed tares among the wheat (believers), and went his way.

Sin as we understand it by the law “cannot deceive” a man. A man needs an influencer to deceive him. The law of itself cannot deceive and does not deceive because the law is not sin (Rom. 7:7). Paul said, Satan taking occasion by the commandment deceived him (Rom. 7:8). Sin without Satan’s intellect has no life. Satan must deceive man through emotional temptations or some other deceptive way in order for his will to carried out in man. Satan forces a man to do his bidding through playing on his emotional weakness. A man can only conquer emotion when they don’t justify them and resist the devil’s influence.

Mat 13:19 When any one hears the word of the kingdom, and understands it not, then comes the wicked one, and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Mat 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that hears the word, and anon with joy receives it;

Mat 13:21 Yet hath he no root in himself, but endures for a while: for when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Mat 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that hears the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful.

Each example here is emotional. This is Satan’s deception and how he goes about deceiving believers. Each of these examples are speaking about believers. Each of these believers chose to sleep and in their sleep (allowing themselves to live after the flesh), Satan was able to deceive them because they were not watching spiritually and became unfruitful in their works.

Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.