• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Hi brothers and sisters

I can't help but to think that I'm not alone in what has been an almost 8 year battle in my spiritual life. I struggle with these very obsessive and almost complusive thoughts as I also have OCD. These thoughts began very abruptly one day and since then have plagued. I mostly deal with these phrases and thoughts of sinful curse words with Jesus' name. I do believe that satan knows my weakness, that being my OCD, and uses it to his advantage. These thoughts cause me awful stress and anxiety as my mind will tell me you're not saved, you've lost your salvation, you can't be forgiven.....all of which my heart knows is a lie! I do believe that I am redeem by the blood of my Savior Jesus Christ but I question why this and why me. Over these years of consistent doubt I've prayed countless prayers of forgiveness and salvation because I'm just so afraid. There are times when I'll be at church, doing devotions or even praying and these words/thoughts will pop in my mind. I feel like I have no control over them but yet feel as if I'm held accountable for them. I know that Jesus knows the true intentions of my heart and He knows how much guilt and shame I carry daily because of them. I just cling to the hope that my faith in Christ IS ENOUGH and His blood is powerful enough to wash away my most deepest and darkest of sins....after all isn't that why he came? My favorite bible verse of all time has to be Romans 8:38:

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love."

I cling to this scripture because it's spelled right out that neither the demons or any power of hell can ever separate us from our Savior!!! Satan may be powerful and the spiritual warfare may be real but Jesus is far more powerful and "we(I) are more than conquerors in Christ" Romans 8:37.

Active
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5)

[for me anyway] seeing that we called unto live by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth God, and that faith cometh by hearing the Word of God; therefore we must needs learn to not think above that which is written, that we may keep away from exaggeration and over-estimation: because hearing is much more than merely listening, it is rather that we submit to and rely upon the Word of God; and if we lack faith, then we must more abundantly hear the Word of God, seeing that faith comes only by hearing God's Word.
Moreover Christ tells us that if anyone will follow Him, that we must deny (disown) ourselves (our own will), which is for that very purpose that we submit to and rely upon the Word of God only, because will causes us to drift and go astray.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Loyal
Fasting and prayer and reading the bible can help overcome most any issues. I will pray for you

I suffered from intrusive thoughts in the past too, although just a month, but, Yahuah is able to deliver us from anything, never rely on your own strength. "Trust in Yahuah with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Do not listen to your mind, trust in His promises and He will renew you! I will pray for you, may Yah bless you!
I recommend you to check out this uplifting song:

Wow I suffer with something similar, road rage wise & when dealing with people that I can't stand. In Jesus name...I pray for our thinking to become positive and in God's way of thinking. Amen!

Hi brothers and sisters

I can't help but to think that I'm not alone in what has been an almost 8 year battle in my spiritual life. I struggle with these very obsessive and almost complusive thoughts as I also have OCD. These thoughts began very abruptly one day and since then have plagued. I mostly deal with these phrases and thoughts of sinful curse words with Jesus' name. I do believe that satan knows my weakness, that being my OCD, and uses it to his advantage. These thoughts cause me awful stress and anxiety as my mind will tell me you're not saved, you've lost your salvation, you can't be forgiven.....all of which my heart knows is a lie! I do believe that I am redeem by the blood of my Savior Jesus Christ but I question why this and why me. Over these years of consistent doubt I've prayed countless prayers of forgiveness and salvation because I'm just so afraid. There are times when I'll be at church, doing devotions or even praying and these words/thoughts will pop in my mind. I feel like I have no control over them but yet feel as if I'm held accountable for them. I know that Jesus knows the true intentions of my heart and He knows how much guilt and shame I carry daily because of them. I just cling to the hope that my faith in Christ IS ENOUGH and His blood is powerful enough to wash away my most deepest and darkest of sins....after all isn't that why he came? My favorite bible verse of all time has to be Romans 8:38:

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love."

I cling to this scripture because it's spelled right out that neither the demons or any power of hell can ever separate us from our Savior!!! Satan may be powerful and the spiritual warfare may be real but Jesus is far more powerful and "we(I) are more than conquerors in Christ" Romans 8:37.
Do you think maybe those thoughts are not Satan's but your own. Maybe those thoughts have formed because there's some things about what you believe that you need to challenge. Maybe there beliefs that need to change and the more you supress changing them the more those nasty thoughts emerge.

Maybe.

Loyal
Hi brothers and sisters

These are all works of the "flesh". We are told to "crucify" the flesh with it's evil passions.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

How does one do this?

Gal 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Those who walk in the Spirit are those who have their mind set on the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

This is not an easy task as it takes practice exercising the senses of the rebirth human spirit, and renewing the carnal mind with the Word of God.

Hi Lisa,

My heart hurts for you after reading about your struggles. I can relate to you in some sense, and I know some others who are going through something similar.

When reading your post, a question came to me, and you don't have to answer this out-loud here, if its too personal, but when you said:

These thoughts began very abruptly one day and since then have plagued.

Maybe you can ask yourself what happened that day, if you can remember.

And here are some more speculative questions that could help you explore what's going on.

-Have there been people in your life who consistently doubt you? (in truthfulness, sincerity, legitimacy, etc)
-Could your perception of God (His character, actions, etc) be influenced by sources outside the Bible, i.e. other books, television shows, etc.
-Could your perception of God be influenced by other close relationships you have/have had.
--eg. if you have a insecure relationship with your earthly father, then sometimes it affects how you see your heavenly Father.

and here's the biggie:

Imagine that you woke up one morning, and God healed you from your intrusive thoughts. What would that whole day look like?
Break the day down bit by bit and think about how you would feel, what you would be thinking, what you would be doing, etc.

e.g.

If I woke up one morning and found that God healed me, I would know so because I would feel peace immediately. I would go to the kitchen to prepare breakfast as usual, but I wouldn't have a soundtrack of blasphemous thoughts playing on like a broken record. I would be thinking of His goodness, and what lessons He has for me today. I would talk to my loved one, and they would notice a change in my attitude, and we would not fight as usual. I would clean myself up in the washroom, and feel light. As I drive to work I would hear a lovely song on the radio, and would sing along and praise Him, etc.

I sincerely hope this can help you!

Active
Hi brothers and sisters

Controlling a thought life with today's media is insanely difficult. I like how some members here refuse to watch non Christian Hollywood productions :smile:.

We are not perfect. Jesus makes it clear that only God is. Paul says he does what he hates in Rom 7:15. So, 1. Ensure you keep repenting / hating sin and 2. Recall the day that you first got saved. The day we decided to repent of our sins, give up all to follow Him is quite a day. A day that God will never forget. We need to understand that God is also recalling this day when He looks at us. It will be this way for all eternity imho. We are forever sanctified. Never perfect. Sanctified because Jesus lay His life down for ours and we reciprocated Matt 16:24.

Satan loves to play with our minds and will put thoughts in every Christians mind that are not Godly so he can try to destroy our walk with Christ including thoughts that we aren't saved because we may cuss or have evil thoughts in our minds.
But thats where we need to remind ourselves of verses like Romans 3: 23 and the verse .....someone please help me with the reference "Let this mind be in you which is also in Christ Jesus " comes into play