• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Sin Conscious or Righteousness Conscious

Loyal
So many of us get upset at silly things....Somebody bought a lottery ticket....at the same price as a bottle of coke. A Christian got upset...If she had bought the Coke there would have been no upset...What's the problem with purchasing a chance to win a prize? Another Christian will get upset because a family went camping and was not in church last Sunday...even though they spent a worship time while out at the lake... This one put on lipstick and a bit of red on her cheeks to highlight her good looks, made her feel better. Again someone took offense...This thing goes on and on in the church family. Why?
It's my belief that Christians in general are so sin conscious that they have no idea just how free they are to LIVE.
Sin is not even a relevant issue in a Christians life. Sin has been dealt with...Nailed to the cross and sent to hell...

"He became sin so we might be made the righteousness of God in the anointing" which by the way, is the same anointing that Jesus is anointed with...

You ARE the righteousness of God because you ARE in that anointing...You are anointed with the same anointing that Jesus is anointed with... So you should be, not sin conscious, but righteousness conscious....Concentrate on the FACT that you are the righteousness of God in that anointing.... Concentrate on the fact that because of who our Jesus is ....
Because He IS You are...

1 You are a child of God (Romans 8:16)
2 You are Redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Psalm 107:2)
3 You are Forgiven (Colossians 1:13,14)
4 You are Saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8)
5 You are Justified (Romans 5:1)
6 You are Sanctified (1 Corinthians 6:11)
7 You are a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17)
8 You are partaker of His Divine Nature (2 Peter 1:4)
9 You are redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)
10 You are delivered from the powers of darkness (Colossians 1:13)
11 You are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14)
12 You are a son/daughter of God (Romans 8:14)
13 You are kept in safety wherever you go (Psalm 91:11)
14 You are getting all your needs met by Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
15 You are casting all your cares upon Jesus (1 Peter 5:7)
16 You are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10)
17 You are doing all things through Christ who strengthens you (Philippians
4:13)
18 You are an heir of God and a joint-heir with Jesus (Romans 8:17)
19 You are heir to the blessings of Abraham (Galatians 3:13,14)
20 You are observing and doing the Lord's Commandments (Deut 28:12)
21 You are blessed coming in and out (Deut 28:6)
22 You are an heir to eternal life (1 John 5:11,12)
23 You are blessed with all spiritual blessings (Ephesians 1:3)
24 You are healed by His stripes (1 Peter 2:24)
25 You are exercising your authority over the enemy (Luke 10:19)
26 You are above only and not beneath (Deut 28:13)
27 You are more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
28 You are establishing God's Word here on earth (Matthew 16:19)
29 You are an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and Word in your testimony
(Revelation 12:11)
30 You are daily overcoming the devil (1 John 4:4)
31 You are not moved by what you see (2 Corinthians 4:18)
32 You are walking by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7)
33 You are casting down vain imaginations (1 Corinthians 10:4,5)
34 You are bringing every thought into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:5)
35 You are being transformed by a renewed mind (Romans 12:1,2)
36 You are a laborer together with God (1 Corinthians 3:9)
37 You are the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21)
38 You are an imitator of Jesus (Ephesians 5:1)
39 You are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
40 You are sanctified (purified; consecrated) Heb 2:11 / 10:10
41 You are blessing the Lord at all times and continually praising the Lord with
my mouth Psa. 34:1
42 You are loved... therefore YOU can love. 1John 4:19
43 You are accepted in The Beloved Eph. 1:6
44 You are His workmanship, created in Jesus, the anointed, unto the good
works, which He has planned for you to do. Eph 2:10
45 You are rich in all things good. 2 Cor. 8:9
46 You are crowned with loving kindness and tender you mercies.
Psalms. 103:4
47 You are the temple of the Living God. He lives in you. 2 Cor: 6:16
48 You are living by faith Rom. 1:17
49 You are blessed, because you believe God's Word Lu. 1; 37-45
50 You are holy for you trust in, and rely on Him Psa. 86
51 You are fearfully and wonderfully made Psalm 139:14
52 You are free from the law of sin and death in Christ.(The Anointed One and
His Anointing) Romans 8:2

53 You are free of all guilt in the anointing. Romans 8:1

54 YOU cannot be separated from the Love of God. Romans 8:39

55 You are triumphant in the anointing 2 Corinthians 2:14

56 YOU have been raised up to sit in heavenly places Ephesians 2:6

57 You are called with a holy calling 2 Timothy 1:9

58 YOU dwell in God and God dwells in be because of the anointing 1John 4:16

59 You are the head and not the tail Deuteronomy 28:13
YOU believe that the words "I am" are two of the most powerful words a believer can say because they will lock them in with the Father. God is therefore You are. Claiming these promises these words of the bible will have the effect of clarifying (perfecting) our awareness of our identity with Divinity which conceives and controls all the details of our lives by faith.

Walk in it!

Loyal
I agree. That is very true, many of us (myself included) need to be more righteousness conscious.

Let's not forgot that there is a place for correction in the body of Christ. Paul outlined many
places in his letters where he provided instruction and correction.

With that said, I would say that we shouldn't be upset in our correcting or let someone else's behavior
that we think is wrong take away our peace, love, joy, gentleness, or self-control.

The problem is often times a Christian will see another who may truly be sinning but often it is the
approach that brings that problem. Often times we stress ourselves out trying to fix the other person
and do so in a harsh way that we lose the opportunity to be a witness for Jesus.

At times it may be

(1) We are too focused on another and at times situations that we perceived to be sin may not
be sin. But in our haste to find sin and root it out, we can be overzealous. We are not to be sin police.

or

(2) A brother or sister in Christ may actually be sinning and need encouragement. In that instance we should
do just that, encourage. Jesus provided encouragement to those in the pits of sin, He didn't condemn. We should
follow His example.

or

(3) There may be someone we perceive to be in sin who does not know Jesus or we may not have a good relationship
with them. In such cases we should role model appropriate behaviors and not necessarily confront them. It is hard
to talk to someone about sin and use Jesus as your reason when that person isn't even a Christian and has not professed
to the world that they are living for Jesus. Therefore what expectations should we really have of an unbeliever? For such

people we should just role model right behaviors in hopes that our light will lead them to the truth.

SUMMARY
In summary, we are to wash each others feet like Jesus did. We are to serve each other and help each other
to stay clean (wash feet, serve). But often times we are too busy pointing out the fact that the other person has
dirt on their feet instead of helping them wash their feet and help them to get clean in love.

jesus-washing-feet.jpg

Loyal
I agree. That is very true, many of us (myself included) need to be more righteousness conscious.

Let's not forgot that there is a place for correction in the body of Christ. Paul outlined many
places in his letters where he provided instruction and correction.

With that said, I would say that we shouldn't be upset in our correcting or let someone else's behavior
that we think is wrong take away our peace, love, joy, gentleness, or self-control.

The problem is often times a Christian will see another who may truly be sinning but often it is the
approach that brings that problem. Often times we stress ourselves out trying to fix the other person
and do so in a harsh way that we lose the opportunity to be a witness for Jesus.

At times it may be

(1) We are too focused on another and at times situations that we perceived to be sin may not
be sin. But in our haste to find sin and root it out, we can be overzealous. We are not to be sin police.

or

(2) A brother or sister in Christ may actually be sinning and need encouragement. In that instance we should
do just that, encourage. Jesus provided encouragement to those in the pits of sin, He didn't condemn. We should
follow His example.

or

(3) There may be someone we perceive to be in sin who does not know Jesus or we may not have a good relationship
with them. In such cases we should role model appropriate behaviors and not necessarily confront them. It is hard
to talk to someone about sin and use Jesus as your reason when that person isn't even a Christian and has not professed
to the world that they are living for Jesus. Therefore what expectations should we really have of an unbeliever? For such

people we should just role model right behaviors in hopes that our light will lead them to the truth.

SUMMARY
In summary, we are to wash each others feet like Jesus did. We are to serve each other and help each other
to stay clean (wash feet, serve). But often times we are too busy pointing out the fact that the other person has
dirt on their feet instead of helping them wash their feet and help them to get clean in love.

jesus-washing-feet.jpg

You speak wisdom my friend

Loyal
Bendito said
"It's my belief that Christians in general are so sin conscious that they have no idea just how free they are to LIVE"

I find this sentence puzzling, can you please elaborate on "free they are to live"? does that mean we are free to do as we wish?

Bendito said
Sin is not even a relevant issue in a Christians life. Sin has been dealt with...Nailed to the cross and sent to hell...

Again I am puzzled, does this mean since we are saved sin no longer tempts us, and we can put our guard down against it?

Does this mean since we are Christians we no longer sin? or if we do sin not to worry about it??

Just trying to understand your message, to me it seems more of "this world"

thanks

Loyal
1 You are a child of God (Romans 8:16)
2 You are Redeemed from the hand of the enemy (Psalm 107:2)
3 You are Forgiven (Colossians 1:13,14)
4 You are Saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8)
5 You are Justified (Romans 5:1)
6 You are Sanctified (1 Corinthians 6:11)
7 You are a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17)
8 You are partaker of His Divine Nature (2 Peter 1:4)
9 You are redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13)

I think this may have set a new record on TJ for "half verses" taken out of context. At least three/fourths of those verses have
conditions attached to them.

For example... there is no condemnation.... (for those in Christ Jesus) this is a great verse, but if you're not obeying the commandments,
you're not in Jesus and He isn't in you.

You say "Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ", ( Rom 8:39; ) but this verse doesn't say that. Even if it did, the love of God
is not the salvation of God. There are a few things in this list... height, depth, created things... but I notice the word "sin" isn't in the list.
The Bible says sin separates us from God.

Loyal
I think this may have set a new record on TJ for "half verses" taken out of context. At least three/fourths of those verses have
conditions attached to them.

For example... there is no condemnation.... (for those in Christ Jesus) this is a great verse, but if you're not obeying the commandments,

You say "Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ", ( Rom 8:39; ) but this verse doesn't say that. Even if it did, the love of God
is not the salvation of God. There are a few things in this list... height, depth, created things... but I notice the word "sin" isn't in the list.
The Bible says sin separates us from God.

LOL Of course my friend, all of these verses have conditions...The post is written in the supposition that we are walking in the anointing of Jesus....I did not write my post just willy nilly.

I disagree with this. In the previous chapter Paul says we are all unable to keep gods commandments. We all sin, but "now" that Jesus has come God does not condemn you at all. The reason is you never sinned in His eyes. Jesus did the sinning not you. We are free from obeying the commands out of fear and to obey them with love and gratitude for what he did. Are you saying that if you do not obey one of Gods commands we are not saved?

Loyal
I disagree with this. In the previous chapter Paul says we are all unable to keep gods commandments. We all sin, but "now" that Jesus has come God does not condemn you at all. The reason is you never sinned in His eyes. Jesus did the sinning not you. We are free from obeying the commands out of fear and to obey them with love and gratitude for what he did. Are you saying that if you do not obey one of Gods commands we are not saved?

There is a difference between sinning occasionally, unintentionally, and deliberate willful sin.
We all sin from time to time... that doesn't mean we aren't saved.

However some choose to deliberately keep on sinning. Some people call themselves Christians
and choose to "live in" sin. No they are not saved. Forgiveness depends on repentance.

There is a difference between sinning occasionally, unintentionally, and deliberate willful sin.
We all sin from time to time... that doesn't mean we aren't saved.

However some choose to deliberately keep on sinning. Some people call themselves Christians
and choose to "live in" sin. No they are not saved. Forgiveness depends on repentance.
Does one willful sin disallow you from being saved? There is no doubt people who call themselves Christians that are not saved. But Christians do willfully sin at times.

Loyal
Does one willful sin disallow you from being saved? There is no doubt people who call themselves Christians that are not saved. But Christians do willfully sin at times.

"at times".
Sometimes we "willfully" sin in the heat of the moment. A break up. Someone cuts us off in traffic.
I hit my thumb with a hammer.
These aren't pre-meditated sins, that I know I'm going to do again tomorrow.
If I'm willfully doing the same sin over and over again, and I know I'm going to do it again tomorrow....
That is the opposite of repentance. There is no forgiveness.

"at times".
Sometimes we "willfully" sin in the heat of the moment. A break up. Someone cuts us off in traffic.
I hit my thumb with a hammer.
These aren't pre-meditated sins, that I know I'm going to do again tomorrow.
If I'm willfully doing the same sin over and over again, and I know I'm going to do it again tomorrow....
That is the opposite of repentance. There is no forgiveness.

Ok. I don't see that distinction in scripture but we can disagree.

Loyal
Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

Loyal
Ok. I don't see that distinction in scripture but we can disagree.

Just curious... honest question here. No debate.
What does being a Christian mean to you?
I believe in Jesus, but I can do whatever I want, there are no consequences for any sin?

I won't argue with you. I just want to know if there is any difference between "saved" and "unsaved" other than one believes in Jesus.

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

Under the law there is no sacrifice for willful sins. All of the sacrifices commanded by god were for sin out of ignorance. They needed to trust in the grace of god for willful sins (Jesus future sacrifice). The writer of Hebrews is writing to people that want to reject the sacrifice of Jesus and go back to the Levitical law. Heb 2, 3, 5, 6, 10. 12 the writer warns against falling away, not believing in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. If Jesus is not sufficient to forgive sins then there is no sacrifice left. The blood of goats and calves are not sufficient. These verses are a warning against hearing the gospel and rejecting it. Habitually and deliberately rejecting Jesus sacrifice. This goes with Heb 6 where the writer says the sacrificial system will not cover your sins and if you reject Jesus sacrifice there is not any other sacrifice for sins. I believe if you repent and put your faith and trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins your willful sins will be forgiven. If not, no one will be saved.

Just curious... honest question here. No debate.
What does being a Christian mean to you?
I believe in Jesus, but I can do whatever I want, there are no consequences for any sin?

I won't argue with you. I just want to know if there is any difference between "saved" and "unsaved" other than one believes in Jesus.

If you repent and put your belief and trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins you will be saved. Repentance meaning understanding you have transgressed gods holy law and are deserving of punishment. Also, willing to turn away from your sin and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you after you become a Christian.

We are told to check ourselves to see if we are in the faith and in 1 John he tells us we can know we are saved. We can get an idea that others are saved by their fruits. Someone that doesn't care that their sin affects god, does what they want and is relying on Jesus grace probably is not saved. I do believe there are more false converts than real converts in the US. The book unChristian indicates that only 20% of Christians in America are actually saved. I know the first 5 years of claiming I was a Christian I was not saved. I am not claiming I know who is saved and who is not saved. I am claiming that if you do not repent and put your faith and trust in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins then you will not be saved.

In regards to willful sin I am saying that a Christian willfully sins and these are forgiven, if someone willfully sins and doesn't care then these people probably have rejected Jesus sacrifice and are not saved.

Loyal
Bendito said
"It's my belief that Christians in general are so sin conscious that they have no idea just how free they are to LIVE"

I find this sentence puzzling, can you please elaborate on "free they are to live"? does that mean we are free to do as we wish?

Bendito said

Again I am puzzled, does this mean since we are saved sin no longer tempts us, and we can put our guard down against it?

Does this mean since we are Christians we no longer sin? or if we do sin not to worry about it??

Just trying to understand your message, to me it seems more of "this world"

thanks
Sorry for being so long Dave, I gave into my wanderlust again....Took off to Georgia, Kentucky, and Tennessee. It was a good drive..about 5000 miles....I love wandering.

I put your question in bold....

That's exactly right Dave....If you are dedicated to the Word and to living in the will of God what you want to do will line up with Gods will...There will be no differing between Gods wants for you and your wants for you....
Romans 12:2 (CJB)
2 In other words, do not let yourselves be conformed to the standards of the ‘olam hazeh. Instead, keep letting yourselves be transformed by the renewing of your minds; so that you will know what God wants and will agree that what he wants is good, satisfying and able to succeed.

When you walk in the Light, when you walk in Love you recognize that the temptation does not come from God but from the enemy. You have come/ are coming to hate sin and the tempter to a point where when temptation comes you simply sweep it aside and go on with the Lord....Still...when did Jesus let down His guard? He did not....and we would be fools to let down our guard....We are in a war Dave...Never let down your guard. A Christian sins when he turns away (even temporarily) from his righteousness...But when you walk in your righteousness you will be tempted and you will sin...1 John 3:1-10 You have been made righteous...You ARE righteous! 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

When you were born again, you died...Until that time you were a slave to Satan and a slave to sin....Then you were born again...you were born, a brand new creature, that is, one that has Never existed before...You were born both man and God, that is....The Holy Spirit is inside of you, totally entwined with you. Your dna has changed to be part Him and part you... You are no longer a slave to sin, you are no longer a slave to Satan....Why? Because that person died!! Means? NO you do not have to sin. Period

Just curious... why do you think this is only under the law?
Acts 13:39, Titus 2:13-14 and 1 John 1:9 says all sins are forgiven. In reading these the only scripture that contradicts these are blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:28-30, Mathew 12:22-32) which is a different discussion. Although my belief is that you cannot commit this blasphemy any longer.

Loyal
Acts 13:39, Titus 2:13-14 and 1 John 1:9 says all sins are forgiven. In reading these the only scripture that contradicts these are blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:28-30, Mathew 12:22-32) which is a different discussion. Although my belief is that you cannot commit this blasphemy any longer.

So all sins are forgiven, and I cannot commit any sins that aren't forgiven now?
Anything goes?

I can be a child molester, or murderer, or whatever. It doesn't matter because all my sins
have already been forgiven??

I can hate the fact that I might be doing these things, but I don't hate them enough to quit doing them.
So I'm good to go. (also known as antimonianism, and licentiousness).

So all sins are forgiven, and I cannot commit any sins that aren't forgiven now?
Anything goes?

I can be a child molester, or murderer, or whatever. It doesn't matter because all my sins
have already been forgiven??

I can hate the fact that I might be doing these things, but I don't hate them enough to quit doing them.
So I'm good to go. (also known as antimonianism, and licentiousness).

No, this is not what I believe. I talked about this in an earlier post. Romans 6:1-18 (ESV) answers this question.

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions. Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness. For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

If you are in Christ, then All of your sins have been forgiven. Even willful ones. But as this says, if we are really saved then we will be new creations (2 Cor 5) not wanting to sin. We are not under the law but under grace. This does not mean we don't sin (1 Jn 1:8) but that we are pursuing righteousness in spite of our sin. 1 John 5:3 says we love god by obeying his commands and they are not burdensome. The law of Christ is to love god, love your neighbor (Mt 22:37-40). This does not earn or maintain our salvation but it is what God expects of us as Christians. 2 Cor 13 says to test ourselves to see if we are in the faith. As I have said before most proclaiming Christians in the US are false converts in my opinion. If they tested themselves they would fail the test.

Is it possible for a Christian to molest a child? If so, then were they never saved or do they lose their salvation?