• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Simple things and loopholes

Loyal
I sometimes watch the news. Lately it has been hard to do. It is more about opinions and "who is right"
than any real news. It seems many people are on trial for one thing or another, but nobody really gets in
trouble. There are no consequences for criminal actions anymore. There are always "loopholes" in the
law and a way out.

Some people are always looking for an easy way out.

There are some things we are told to do. In some cases, perhaps "asked" to do. It seems a great many people
are "offended" that have to do anything. Some are even offended that we are asked to do anything.

Some examples.

We are told to be baptized.
Acts 2:38; Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

But many people don't want to do it. Some will argue and tell you it isn't a requirement to be saved.
Maybe not... but even so... why would you argue about it? Why wouldn't you want to do it?

We are told to keep the commandments.
John 14:15; "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

But many people don't want to do it. Some will argue and tell you it isn't a requirement to be saved.
Maybe not... but even so... why would you argue about it? Why wouldn't you want to do it?

We are told to evangelize.
Matt 28:19; "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Why are people always looking for loopholes? Why are they always looking for the easiest way out?
Many people will say things like "Well, it doesn't really matter, God knows my heart".
Yes He does, but don't your actions reveal what is in your heart?

We are told to love one another?
John 15:17; "This I command you, that you love one another.

We are told to give to the poor and hungry, and care for widows and orphans.
Matt 25:34-40;
Jas 1:27; Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

These are just a few examples... there are dozens more. But the point is... where is your heart?
Are you one of those Christians looking for "loopholes". Looking for an easy way out?
Are can you do certain things... not because it's necessarily a requirement, but just because...

.. He told us to.

Loyal
I look to see if what a person says appeals to the flesh or the spirit.

If it appeals to the flesh how can it be from above??

If a person is of the flesh how can they understand what scripture really means? dont you have to be in the spirit to understand scripture?

Thanks for posting brother great spiritual message.

Loyal
Good post. Could part of the problem be that we often think of being saved in terms of a transaction, and in a transaction or a legal case it's natural to think in terms of loopholes and optimising benefits etc.

And a little further down the track we end up talking about minimum requirements for going to heaven - something that the gospels and New Testament letters never even come close to discussing. I can imaging the apostle Paul recoiling in horror at even the thought.

Jesus talks about entering the Kingdom of God. It's about relationship, being adopted into a new family, reconciled and renewed. Whatever reason could there be for not submitting completely to Jesus as Lord, and wholeheartedly following him with every fibre of our being?

Loyal
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1