• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Silent Prayer

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:12)

Is Silent prayer even scriptural? What do you think? What scripture can you share to show that silent prayer lines up with the Word? If Silent Prayer is in fact scriptural, why does God command us to use our words or better yet..to use His Word?

Staff Member
Greetings,

Is Silent prayer even scriptural? What do you think? What scripture can you share to show that silent prayer lines up with the Word? If Silent Prayer is in fact scriptural, why does God command us to use our words or better yet..to use His Word?
good question(s)

may you get some good replies

Bless you ....><>

Loyal
Matt 6:5
And when you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they will be seen by people. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

This doesnt speak against spoken prayer, but it does speak to the heart of the matter, which is the condition of the heart "when" praying out loud. If we like to hear ourselves pray so that we can admire our own prayer, or that it is meant to impress others by its "spirituality", then our hearts are not right, and our answer may not come in the faith and humbleness that was lacking.

Active
I guess what I do most of the time is silent prayer, it seems to be more confidential that way. I am not perfect, nor or my words but my faith in Him is pretty close.

Top Poster Of Month
So is ' silent prayer' when you pray in your thoughts, anywhere you might be, or is it when you pray aloud in secret where only the Lord can hear you? Does He respond to both kinds of prayer, do you know because I have always wondered this.

Staff Member
@Admon Mikha'el

And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli marked her mouth.
Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

1 Samuel 1: 12-13

Matthew 6:6, Matthew 6:5
Going into your prayer closet and praying aloud? The verses you show here talk of people praying in public for appearance sake...I'm talking more about the power of our words in prayer.. I'm thinking...God SPOKE the world into existence, There is no mention of Jesus praying silently, always aloud...The prophets prayed aloud....Why do we not use our words? Better yet remind God of His words? Our words have tremendous power, especially when we speak God's Word...Read the scriptures about the tongue....

I almost always pray in silence, ie via telepathy to God. He can hear me loud and clear. Saying it out loud or via telepathy makes no difference.

It makes no sense because of you refusal to acknowledge Matthew 6:6!
I am not ignoring Matt 6.6 Not at all....I'm simply saying that this verse does not say to pray silently... It says that its good to pray in private. Private does not mean silent..It means away from others...Being where others cannot listen or see you....I'm talking about speaking with God, in private, but with your words...aloud. Why do you have a problem with that?

Active
Your silly...the versse says go away by yourself, in private...why are you so hung up on "out loud"? By yourself...no one hears...what is difference whether it is out loud or silent...God still hears perfectly...your way doesn't exclude "boasting".
.grow up!

Your silly...the versse says go away by yourself, in private...why are you so hung up on "out loud". By yourself...no one hears...what is difference whether it is out loud or silent...God still hears perfectly...grow up!
If you will read post #1 on this thread, you will see that the question posed was about silent prayer... I'll return it to you....are you smoking banana peels or something? I did not ask about praying in private..I have no problems with praying in private...I am wondering about praying using your MOUTH OUT LOUD