• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Should we do anything?

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:34-46

Thank You...

Toklatkate said:
My answer is "yes"
I think Jesus made that clear. I know that I am not doing enough.
... Oh, and in case someone cries "works based religion".... This is a love based religion, we love God (and Jesus), we want to do things for Him, and His creation.
Toklatkate
Thank You! Toklatkate,you are a blessing sister, for being a witness, in this instance to the Eternal Truth, I Applaud you for not resisting the Spirit of Truth. God's Holy Word goes out and doesn't return to him void.

Last edited:
One of my favorite passages probably because like many here there have been times in my life where I was unsure of where the next meal was comming from or had no place to stay.The rewad of practicing true compassion for all mankind is to be at peace with the world.

This is a....

evergreen said:
One of my favorite passages probably because like many here there have been times in my life where I was unsure of where the next meal was comming from or had no place to stay.The rewad of practicing true compassion for all mankind is to be at peace with the world.

This is a central part of the Gospel's message, Brother. As you can see it is refering to the seperation of the Children of God from the Children of the Devil. Once we recieve the central message of the gifted salvation we S H O U L D, not have too but S H O U L D, use our freedom to D O good works not becuase we have too but because we S H O U L D now love even as JESUS loved us.

It is so sorry for some Christians wishing to excuse themselves from D O I N G because they don't have too. Would it be just for God to send them to the bottemless pit for all eternity when we knew we should do good works not for rewards even though God will reward us but because we care from our hearts for what God cares for from his heart.

I pray for all those who would be saved that they not only hear what JESUS the Christ says but also follow after him and walk as he walked.

Last edited:
Amen: We need to understand the difference, between the works of the law, and good works from the heart. Or a works based salvation...we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, but this is not to try and actually save yourself. You must obey the gospel, then Christ will save you by putting your faith in him for it, he gives you his spirit. This is where a lot of people miss the mark.

Some passages in the word are talking about the works of the law of Moses, others are speaking about good works from the heart, as given by the love of Christ's spirit in us. Paul said, if i give all my goods to the poor, and have no love, it will be useless. So we need to have the spirit in us, or we are walking in self righteousness...Paul also spoke against boasting about our good works, and that's why he said that we are not saved by works, but by grace through faith, so no one could boast.

So there is now two doctrines out there, because of lack of understanding about this subject. Some say no works at all, but that is only for salvation. Some say works works works, thinking that they will be saved by them. These are both wrong...they think this will justify them. Only real faith can justify a man...because real faith, brings about real love, and thereby it brings about real works of love, and compassion. And as we go on in the spirit... we become like Christ, who was love in itself.

Good post Brother Yeshua....

God bless

I believe we must be very causious about sharing our work for the Lord so as not to bring glory to ourselves but I feel if we do it in spirit it would help to motivate others to witness.The joy that comes from doing the Lords work is imeasurable and intoxicating, a good cure for depression is to help others. If you are a new christian a good thing to do by yourself is to leave tracks at places that people would be likely to read them,bus stations/stops ,restrooms,waiting rooms. I would suggest if your are young in your walk and want to witness to people face to face take a seasoned brother with to help answere questions a person may have that you are unsure of.In the name of bringing glory to the father and to maybe inspire and motivate others I offer this example. I am an old hitchiker,started when I was about 13.So when I read 'take it to the highways and byways I was off. I made crosses out of 3 nails that I would give to people that picked me up and explain that the cross was made by the hands of man so it could be stolen,lost,rust and fall apart but that which the cross stood for could never be lost,stolen or fall apart(its hard for them not to listen when your sitting in their car lol) One night I was returning from one such adventure that had led me to the downtown area.It was about 2 or 3 in the morning and I was tired and pleading with God for a ride home.I was crossing a bridge and looked down and saw a figure stumbling along the highways edge."Ok Lord guess no ride for me huh?" I went down and caught up with man who was extremely intoxicated and in danger of being run over.I walked between him and traffic as we exited the highway into a very rough neighborhood.He would have been a prime target for someone bent on wrong doing.Him being drunk talked with me like I was his best friend I walked with him towards his home which included a stop at his local bar for one more beer.(I had a coke) If I had been to righteous to enter with him I would have missed the oppurtunity to have been welcomed into his home and the chance of witnessing to him. A man whos girlfriend was getting into the occult the Lord laid on my heart that he would finish the work I started by making the man believe he was visited by an angel. He would wonder the next morning if it happened at all but then he would find the cross I gave him.It was about another 5 or 6 miles home but the ache in my legs was gone and my backpack was as light as a feather and it was like I was home before I knew it. AMEN!

John

The Lord has laid on my heart that I should explain that the highway is a very dangerous place and there are many in this world that seek to use and abuse. In other words "dont try this at home" like I said I spent a good part of my teenage years hitchiking in a different time so I am somewhat comfortable on the streets. Seek the Lord in what he would have YOU do....One more thing He wants me to tell is that if anyone would like to know how to make the crosses to let me know but He wants me to figure out a way to do it without soldering. People respond better when given something hand made.I have been with groups that handed out tracks in large crowds and that is like casting a net I will not speak against it for it has its place but for me making the personal connection is more rewarding.Although I wonder sometimes because due to some broken bones in my face a nerve was damaged and everytime I blink my face twitches so I worry sometimes that folks may think I am a bit of a nut.:)

Last edited:
Jeshau

Why was Jeshau's account closed? What did He do wrong now? Are these people being shut down because they're honestly speaking against Christ, or are they merely going against the personal beliefs of the moderators here?Jeshau was using scripture to support His viewpoints, wasn't He? Of course we must fear God, but aren't we allowed to love Him, also? Wasn't that Jeshau's message?

At no point did I see Him say that we shouldn't fear God. All He said was that the most important part of the relationship was to love Christ, didn't he? That's the message I got, at least, and it makes a lot of sense to me, personally.

Please see to it once again that my account be closed sooner rather than later if possible. I must again apologize for having signed up, for causing you commotion. Take care.

Administrator
Staff Member
mccarty said:
Why was Jeshau's account closed? What did He do wrong now? Are these people being shut down because they're honestly speaking against Christ, or are they merely going against the personal beliefs of the moderators here?Jeshau was using scripture to support His viewpoints, wasn't He? Of course we must fear God, but aren't we allowed to love Him, also? Wasn't that Jeshau's message?

At no point did I see Him say that we shouldn't fear God. All He said was that the most important part of the relationship was to love Christ, didn't he? That's the message I got, at least, and it makes a lot of sense to me, personally.

Please see to it once again that my account be closed sooner rather than later if possible. I must again apologize for having signed up, for causing you commotion. Take care.

Account closed. You must know it all correct? You see all in the background too? Including the private messages and the proof of one's bad motives? Show me your proof if you know it all, but again you made your decision to leave. Goodbye.

Unto Him, so unto me you are...

Yeshua said:
When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:34-46

Unto Him, so unto me are what I have been receiving here at Talk Jesus. The coming to my aid of bless-ers' selfless and compassionate prayer is a transformer that only my spirit to Spirit can describe. In this world, nothing is more of Jesus than to see God's children who live to let Him alone be their voice, their works of faith.
Yeshua, it is about time I let you know that you have done all these things for me. I printed out your healing scripture compilation, carry it around to read, take hold, and soak in the reality. Your Christmas light show in chat remains a joyful memory with permanent results. The wonder of those smilie sculptures turned me into a three year old. Suddenly dawned a new light within for my coming to God as a little child (Luke 18:17-18). In recent weeks you have provided in threads "word of knowledge" about things you could not know I was praying. No need for details at this time, simply our LORD has singled you out as an instrument to grow my spiritual hearing and confirm His voice when I've been unsure. This is no flattery. You would find out some day in Heaven, but I'm glad for the opportunity to say it now.

:love:
To Christ